NEWS

20A Errata

• 21 Replies

Glorthoron

• Omae
« on: <05-07-12/1454:52> »
I'm getting frustrated trying to find it.  Can anyone direct me to a 20th Anniversary Errata?  Assuming one exists.

Thank you very much in advance.
"It's not enough to complain.  You have to want to be part of the solution."

Crash_00

« Reply #1 on: <05-08-12/0724:06> »

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-08-12/2238:57> »
Thank you kindly.  :)

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-08-12/2259:38> »
No, wait.  Sorry, that's not what I was looking for.  I actually already have that.  That one covers the changes from SR4 to SR4A.  I'm looking for an errata for SR4A, itself.  If there is one.

Demerzel

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-08-12/2310:32> »
There is this eratta document:
http://www.shadowrun4.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/SR4A_errata.pdf

It is only linked to from the original blog post, the eratta section of the web page does not list it. You can find that blog post here:
http://www.shadowrun4.com/2011/12/shadowrun-twentieth-anniversary-edition-back-to-reprint-%E2%80%A6-again/

That all coresponds to the version that Streeted 25Jan2012, per this blog post.

There was a previous version of the PDF floating around that did not correspond to any printing, it came out first and there were changes to it prior to the first printing. Updates to that PDF were sent out prior to the first pringing. As a result no eratta document was created as those changes were to something never in print.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #5 on: <05-08-12/2338:47> »
Note that the SR4A errata is a internal errata. It lists every little change there is...

Also, the list of changes between SR4 and SR4A is not 100% complete...

The whole errata maintenance seems to have fallen into a black hole when the economic issues hit. Hell, the reprints of the older books reverted to their pre-errata states. And with no reason given, so we are left to speculate.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Crash_00

« Reply #6 on: <05-09-12/0247:48> »
And that the changes document includes some SR4A changes that managed to not make it into the first printing. For instance, the first printing still lists that Audio Enhancement take their rating in capacity (rather than 1 per enhancement). So, while it lists mostly changes, it also lists what some things are supposed to be that apparently didn't get updated all the way before printing.

Demerzel

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <05-09-12/0910:42> »
That is an interesting opinion Crash. However, I think you're disregarding that the 1 per rating capacity change was intentional as it's a correction from that original update.

SR4A added capacity to audio devices where originally there was none. So that change was implemented in the original PDF and was successfully incorporated.

Crash_00

« Reply #8 on: <05-09-12/1017:45> »
This is what I'm looking at currently. Original PDF, audio sensors can take enhancement = to their rating (like the changes document) aka capacity one in each. First print/first print pdf, capacity = rating. Next PDF update I have, it's back to capacity one for enhancements again.

I don't think it was ever intentional to be = to rating. It seems to be intended to be more in line with visual enhancements (like the changes document indicates) and an older design version got left in the print version. So what happens when the correction gets corrected (then reverted, then corrected, then reverted, the cycle goes on and on with Catalyst sadly). The Changes document does a good job of laying out exactly how things were intended to work (they don't usually sent those to an editor), it looks like the job just got butchered during layout/editing.

If you really want to get super technical here, the first printing version (ie what has to be intentional) is blatantly flawed. It tells us the capacity of each enhancement is equal to the rating of that enhancement and that the sensors can take a number of enhancements equal to their rating. That means that while a Rating 3 earbud might be full capacity by a rating 3 Audio Enhancement, you can still slap on Select Sound Filter and Spatial Recognizer because it is explicitly allowed to have 3 enhancements (not three rating points of enhancements). At this point, what is the point of having capacity by rating? Then compare it to the Visual Sensors and enhancements from the same printing that are 1 capacity per enhancement (with one exception). SR4/A is intended to be streamlined and have everything work the same way. I do not understand why, with an official document stating the intended design, anyone would cling to a belief that audio sensors magically work differently.

Then again, with Catalysts record with errata I can understand why anyone would be skeptical of official errata documents.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #9 on: <06-25-12/1524:44> »
A player in my game just pointed me towards the SR4A_changes document.
The document itself is described as just listing what changed between SR4 and SR4A; but since it's under the "Errata" section, he believes its contents are an Errata to SR4A itself too.
I'm mainly referring towards the Object Resistance Table (Changes Reference Document p.2 on the vs SR4A p.183), the document from the site says it's 1, 2, 3, 5 while SR4A lists 1,2,4,6. Which is "right", or at least RAW?

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #10 on: <06-25-12/1600:20> »
I do believe it is the book, as there was some changes done after the PDF hit sites like drivethru as people complained about certain details. SR4A_changes was never updated to match that tho.

Demerzel

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <06-25-12/1947:02> »
A player in my game just pointed me towards the SR4A_changes document.
The document itself is described as just listing what changed between SR4 and SR4A; but since it's under the "Errata" section, he believes its contents are an Errata to SR4A itself too.
I'm mainly referring towards the Object Resistance Table (Changes Reference Document p.2 on the vs SR4A p.183), the document from the site says it's 1, 2, 3, 5 while SR4A lists 1,2,4,6. Which is "right", or at least RAW?

You have a hard copy of SR4A that includes 1,2,4,6 not 1,2,3,5?

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <06-26-12/0400:25> »
FYI the french book was errated to 1, 2, 3, 5.
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Demerzel

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <06-26-12/0915:19> »
I ask because I don't believe there exists a version with 1,2,4,6 in it. I have the first printing and the limited edition (English) and they have 1,2,3,5. I'm real curious to find out if there exists a printed version that contains the obsolete number.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #14 on: <06-27-12/1010:19> »
Check the end of the credits (right after the table of content) that is usually where it is stated what printing it is.