NEWS

Legal Licenses

• 4 Replies

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« on: <09-22-18/2031:15> »
Legal licenses are paid for through your taxation penalty in the negative quality and you are presumed to get them when you purchase the item with your legal SIN.

The risk to your SIN is pretty hefty.

That is SO not what I expected as an answer.. let me try to readjust my presumptions here:

Shadowrunners are expected to pay a tax on their shadowrunning income.. despite it being for illegal services rendered and paid for through untraceable certified credsticks?  How would the IRS even know about it?  WHY would the Shadowrunner self-report the income?

I'm guessing... "tax" is a loosely used term and runners with legit SINs just have more overhead than the SINless because they have to shell out bribes and such to keep their record looking clean and unsuspicious despite being career criminals?
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

mbisber

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-22-18/2103:59> »
Shadowrunners are expected to pay a tax on their shadowrunning income.. despite it being for illegal services rendered and paid for through untraceable certified credsticks?  How would the IRS even know about it?  WHY would the Shadowrunner self-report the income?
Think Al Capone, other Shadowrunner types of his kind, and the IRS.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #2 on: <09-22-18/2241:58> »
Snip

It's reassuring that you don't know how money laundering and other accountant crimes work :)

Honestly, it's  best not to think too hard on this.  It's a bit handwavey.

You pay a 'tax' and that encompasses ALL of the things necessary to keep that SIN legit.  And it also comes with all the licenses you want with it.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-22-18/2246:09> »
Snip

It's reassuring that you don't know how money laundering and other accountant crimes work :)

Honestly, it's  best not to think too hard on this.  It's a bit handwavey.

You pay a 'tax' and that encompasses ALL of the things necessary to keep that SIN legit.  And it also comes with all the licenses you want with it.

Well it was more of a "why would you even involve your real SIN in your shadow finances at all" kind of bewilderment, but I suppose the question is asked and answered at this point.  Thanks :)
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #4 on: <09-23-18/0229:03> »
That's a good question, but consider what you're asking.... a LEGAL license...

If it's not a license with your legit name attached to your legit SIN then it's a fake license.
That's just like... your opinion, man.