NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #900 on: <08-06-15/1656:33> »
Sammy gets nothing but a lot of confused looks and cautiously shaken heads.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #901 on: <08-06-15/2247:27> »
A pissed off look momentarily flashed through the elaborate makeup on Clem's face, but her stone-face quickly returned. She sent a message to the team and asked Sammy to come back upstairs and help look and identify the client on the tapes. While they did that, she asked Snow to take a look at the equipment and analyze it, and she also demanded Torley help Sammy with the tapes.

The ork went downstairs to keep an eye on their captives with O'Connor, but calmly asked who the manager of the place was. More specifically, she wanted to know and punish who had lied to them.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #902 on: <08-06-15/2336:57> »
You easily get the name Steve Patterson, who is the owner and the manager, his name was on the door and desk for the office.

He is coming into the club to go over numbers during business hours, though he will probably be here sooner once the law enforcement shows up.  (BTW, tic-tic-tic...)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #903 on: <08-06-15/2341:44> »
Snow grins at Sam.  "Good. I was getting nowhere fast.  Thanks."  She goes into the room and starts looking at the equipment, trying to analyze the uses of the various parts.  She slides her DNI cable from its hidden location on her neck and waves the tip around at the stuff in front of her, whispering more to herself than anyone else, "Now, which of you pretty things is going to be first?"  She has an idea while she is looking around and sends a message to the team.  >>Clem.  Maybe you could convince good old Jimmy to call and cancel the alert to the constabulary.  He could tell them it was a mix-up with some new security equipment or something.  It might buy us some time.<<
« Last Edit: <08-07-15/0127:46> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #904 on: <08-07-15/0107:40> »
There really is nothing to plug into in any fashion, but there are some basic equipment that you can make work to review the memory items (What the hell is a flash drive? and why does it look like Batman?).  You can even probably explain it to some of the others, maybe not Clem, and Torley may erase everything, but surely O'Conner and Sammy can help you get through this relatively quickly (like 20 minutes)

(BTW tic-tic-tic)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #905 on: <08-07-15/0132:40> »
Snow sighs at the antiques here and lets the DNI cable slip back into its slot.  Looking around she says, "Hey Con, Sammy.  Get a look at this old stuff.  Can either of you help me sort it and see if it is what we are looking for?"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #906 on: <08-07-15/0141:36> »
O'Connor makes sure that Clem had the hostages covered before heading upstairs to assist Snow. He looked over the room, finding the archaic equipment unfamiliar to him. He gave a huff, "Drek, this could take some time. We need to hustle, 5-0 could be here any minute."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #907 on: <08-07-15/0145:45> »
Snow nods at the dour words from Con.  "This is mostly just drek, but there may be something here.  I guess it was a no go with getting Jimmy to call off the police?  Time is running out and we have nothing to show for this so far."  Snow goes back to looking through the drek in front of her.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #908 on: <08-07-15/0623:07> »
Frustration mounting, Clem simply asked <Is there any way we can just take the equipment with us and look it over somewhere else? Also, if we get the manager's commcode, would it be possible to track him? We have to leave soon. I suggest we take the techie and go.>

To O'Connor, Clem sent him a personal message. <I need your assistance with one of the bouncers, we need to show them that we won't tolerate keeping information from us.>
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #909 on: <08-07-15/0949:59> »
Snow looks around for what can be easily taken away, to include the tapes and equipment.  >>Let me see what I can gather up.<<

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #910 on: <08-07-15/1544:45> »
O'Connor was regretting letting Clem take over as tactical leader. He agreed with almost none of the decisions she'd made during this attack. If he'd been the one calling the shots, this would've gone down much differently. He continued to sort through the archaic equipment as he replied over the team channel, <"Don't think that's happening Clem. This drek is old, I think we'd need to take all of the gear. Faster just to go through it here and now.">

O'Connor saw the notification of Clem's private message, but ignored it. The search was slow going at it was, and he wanted to find the chip and leave as fast as possible. Cops were something even he wanted to avoid. He also figured it had to do with Clem being mad about all the tech stuff. From what he'd gathered, Clem found anything tech related completely impossible to understand. He didn't have the time or desire to deal with it.
« Last Edit: <08-08-15/0053:52> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #911 on: <08-08-15/1022:32> »
Snow gathers the others and tries to show them some of the things that they are looking for to help speed things along.  [spoiler]Teach others: 7d6t5 1  Use her last edge to reroll misses  Last Edge to reroll teaching misses: 6d6t5 3[/spoiler]

After stumbling over the initial concepts, Show finally finds the words to use.  After that comes the active looking as a group.  [spoiler]Look for chip: 6d6t5 1[/spoiler]

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #912 on: <08-08-15/1121:32> »
Sammy also started going through the chips.  She quickly tried to find a system to get to a frame where she could see the people's heads and try to recognise them that way.  Some she might actually recognise from other body parts, but the face was still the easiest.  Or for some their tattoos or rings in special places...

[spoiler]
perception
intuition 3 + perception 2 =5 (5d6.hits(5)=1)
not so much.

I'm not sure if it might help, but I know a lot of people in LA (at least their faces).  So I've rolled that knowledge check as well to recognise people.
intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2)

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #913 on: <08-08-15/1251:13> »
For twenty minutes, the three runners glance through the feed recordings, trying to find the face of Christy Daee, or at least someone who looks like her, doing something compromising.  They have several 'close calls' where they have found someone who looks like her (very common, considering the quality) but further scrutiny reveals either a background that doesn't match the Cinderblock or nothing compromising occurring.

When you realize how few you have actually churned through you wonder if it might be worth the risk of using Torley, he seems to have a sharp eye for details.

Downstairs, Clem is prowling the prisoners like a caged animal.

(BTW tic-tic-tic)  (New rolls)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #914 on: <08-08-15/1503:02> »
Snow keeps looking, but realizes that Sam may be helpful in this.  >>Sam?  Could you come up and help look through this drek?  I am starting to naked bodies everywhere and you might be able to use fresh eyes and find it.<<