NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #105 on: <07-12-14/0504:41> »
"I don't do trids anymore," Sammy said.  While she was wearing her goggles and respirator, but there were people with an uncanny memory for people, not to mention that her aura would still look the same.
"I now do the real stuff," she said, pointing to where Pandora was rehearsing some of her moves, "not as flashy, but much more interesting."
'If you can call waking up naked in the middle of the mountains fun, of course,' she didn't add aloud.
"Maybe I'll do a book about it one day," she added.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <07-13-14/0858:27> »
"As much as the next one" answered Clem to O'Connor. She wasn't ready to tell him about past issues with spirits, and certainly not at this time when she had to be alert to her surroundings. The way he was pacing around did freak her out a bit, and she simply asked him straight out "Do you need a fix, Con?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #107 on: <07-13-14/1429:31> »
O'Connor rolled his eyes at the brevity of Clem's answer, *You might have better people skills if you used more than six words at a time.* He was a bit offended by her accusation but kept it out of his voice, "Nah, I just don't idle well. You wired up?" He flailed his arms a bit to pantomime the nervous system, "My version doesn't come with an off switch. I'm always going full speed."
« Last Edit: <07-13-14/2331:36> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <07-13-14/2245:30> »
The ork shrugged a bit while answering "I'm cool, don't worry about me." Nothing in her tone nor her body language was betraying any emotion, which seemed oddly natural for Clem. She got back to her firearm and, without looking at O'Connor, simply said "This uniform doesn't suit me."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #109 on: <07-14-14/1927:28> »
O'Connor chuckled a bit, "Preaching to the choir. How'd we get talked into this? If this job doesn't last past tomorrow, then all it does is pay for these damn things."

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <07-15-14/1307:50> »
"I don't do trids anymore," Sammy said.  While she was wearing her goggles and respirator, but there were people with an uncanny memory for people, not to mention that her aura would still look the same.
"I now do the real stuff," she said, pointing to where Pandora was rehearsing some of her moves, "not as flashy, but much more interesting."
'If you can call waking up naked in the middle of the mountains fun, of course,' she didn't add aloud.
"Maybe I'll do a book about it one day," she added.

The troll looks physically hurt when you mention leaving the business.  "Samantha, you mustn't say such things.  I know you have to feel hurt missing on that award, but you have to keep at it, if not for you, then for your people, for ME!"  Minnie, you remember, was always a lot more into the metahuman right movement.  Given her age, it is understandable, she really was a pioneer in the movie industry.

"You need to come sit with me and tell me where your head is at, this will not do at all."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #111 on: <07-15-14/1453:26> »
"It's not the Oscar," Sammy said, "it was just time to do something else."
It actually was trying to find her sister that pushed her in the shadows and now she liked the tension and suspence, which you didn't have on the trids.  And as far as putting up with characters like O'Conner, some producers and directors in Hollywood were worse, although in a different way, but worse nevertheless.

"I don't mind chatting," she continued, "but first I have to do do some security stuff for those props.  Like putting a spirit around them."
She tried again to put up the spirit.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <07-20-14/0022:01> »
Almost an hour goes by as lighting and costume issues are dealt with before Ben shouts, “Quiet on the set!”

Minnie immediately stops in mid conversation and turns in the bar stool to observe the scene, it gives Sammy a chance to think of the job for moment.  Something odd has been bothering her about the setup, but her old friend’s chatter had kept her from really putting her mind to it.

She is not the only one concerned; Fionn had done his best to find someone who could help him access the restaurant’s systems.  He had just hit his last dead-end, an assistant to an assistant technical director that was supposed to be able to contact the site security liaison, he had just gotten off the his comm and was trying to explain some unusual situation to the technomancer when the troll called for quiet.

The scene starts. Jenny Freelance walks into a semi-quiet restaurant from the elevator. She looks out the window before sitting down with a nervous-looking man in a white-collared shirt.

“So,” she asks, “what’s the problem?”

He takes a drink. “We need your skills to retrieve an item in Africa. We can pay your standard fee, but we need you to move at utmost haste.”

“Sure. What’s the job, and why the rush?”

“There’s an important map that’s up for sale, called the Piri Reis map. We want you to retrieve it, either from the auction house, or from the buyer. The trouble is, others know of its importance as well.”

Jenny is about to say her line, when an elevator dings.

The noise is like a lightbulb going on for Sammy and Fionn.  Sammy realizes in that moment that she didn’t see a security ward around the building when she spoke to her spirit on the astral earlier.  Fionn realizes someone had to have fouled with protocols, there was not a single person from the building in the room.  These epiphanies come a moment to late though. 

The elevator doors in the Lake Union room open, and out comes a small mob of crazed fans.  They immediately fan out, shouting for Pandora.   It’s not your job to round up the fans, but then you realize that you don’t see any Horizon security around to stop them either.

(Sammy, Torley and Fionn are in rounds.  Please roll initiative and declare you general intent, but no action rolls just yet.  Because of their position, O’Connor and Clem have no way of knowing this is out of the ordinary, so they are not in rounds.)
« Last Edit: <07-20-14/0024:37> by Crossbow »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <07-21-14/0911:20> »
The crowd screaming their way to the set engulfs Sammy and carries her bodily to the other end of the bar on the Puget room side, though she manages to keep herself upright and maintain her view of the area protected by her spirit. 

Fionn observes the cast and crew shift their collective expression from confusion, to disturbed, and some, onto fearful as the wave of fans comes into sight, clearly believing this scene could turn ugly quickly.  He also notes the electronic interference that is getting stronger by second.

Sam notes the nature of the mob and almost subconsciously begins to back away from it, even as he also notes some that of the stragglers appear to coming out of it.  Even though it is notable there is not that much of a change, it is kind of like waking from a good dream to realize you have been locked in a toy store at night.

From the corner of hi his eye, Sam also notes three individuals dressed similarly to the mob, but coming from the hall behind him and not from the elevator.

First Pass:
Fionn
spirit
Torley
Sammy

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <07-22-14/1246:36> »
As Fionn works to break through the electronic interference, the reddish mist of Sammy's spirit coalesces in the physical, O'Connor and Clem see a group of random individuals (clearly not ones working on the movie) shove and tumble into the area. 

A female elf in this group feels the touch of mist and LOSES HER MIND, screaming and crawling back up over the group to get away.  As she pushes her way out, the last member of the group looks from her to O'Connor, recognizing your team member.  O'Connor knows him from the Barrens too, he is a pale ork, called "The Swede" (real name Nilson) because his heritage.  He didn't run in the ganger scene, coming up working muscle for other no-goods, but very serious about his ink, which is how O'Connor knows him.

He and another ork are armed with stun batons, and though they are dressed similar to the wide eyed fans, they are clearly not under the same influence.

(Note to Clem and O'Connor- there is a LOT of people in rather close quarters, weapons fire in burst mode WILL hit unintended targets)

Torley, over by the wall of the room, has been noticed by the third member of the group, a human who stabs at him with a stun baton.

(OOC: Need IC posts from the three with actions this round, as well as what Sammy is doing in her second pass.  If Torley is doing a full defense, that needs to be rolled. Once that is figured out, if Torley is still standing, we can get to his action, and start the new round. Necro and Hydro can feel free to chime in with their characters reactions if they want to just don't take any other actions.)

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #115 on: <07-22-14/1436:23> »
[spoiler]
Just because, if I were the GM, this is the process I'd ask Sam's player to go through:

Composure: 8d6.hits(5)=3

The RAW don't give much indication of what threshold to use for composure tests, but Sam's CP raises the bar by 1. That said, three hits seems reasonable--to me--for him to keep his head, so he'll go ahead and go on full defense (dodging); if he'd rolled less well, I'd have just had him dodge, but not go full defense:

Dodge+Dodge+Reaction: 8d6.hits(5)=6 :o

Um, wow...?
[/spoiler]

Sam saw the goon pull out the baton, and was twisting away almost before he had time to realize what was going on.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #116 on: <07-22-14/1728:52> »
O'Connor smiled when the spirit made itself visible, "Looks like someone's crashing the party." As people came pouring in, he stood and faced the door, though made no other move. He might not care so much about collateral damage, but he doubted anyone else felt the same way. He wondered what caused the woman to flip her shit, but he stopped caring once he saw the ork known as The Swede. He smiled at the ork, inviting him to make his move.
« Last Edit: <07-23-14/0324:54> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #117 on: <07-22-14/1759:22> »
First it was the spirit, and after it was a sea of over zealous fans. Clementine quickly put things together in her head, spotting the ork that stood out at the same time as O'Connor did. She responded to his comment by saying "Let's crash theirs instead" and making mental preparations to engage both the mob and their assailants. A small moment of relief overcame her, as she was thankful she had had the foresight to switch to non-lethal rounds just before.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <07-22-14/1949:28> »
@Clem: "Comms jammed; only you and I still online.  Too coordinated to be coincidence, must be smokescreen.  You and Con should probably get to the armour - getting caught up away from it might play to the other side's plan.  If you can, might be best to avoid dropping bodies - draw the wrong kind of attention otherwise."  He was being intentionally terse - no time to be long-winded in this situation.

In the meantime, he contacted the patrolling sprite.  @Paladin Sprite: "Any news?  Things are going upside-down in the physical realm."
« Last Edit: <07-22-14/1954:29> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <07-23-14/1330:39> »
TORLEY

The ebony man facing Sam clearly did not expect such a ridiculously desperate effort to dodge his thrust.  the prod held in a heavily scarred hand and arm withdrawing for a more cautious strike.

FIONN

The Paladin looks vaguely insulted, "I was tasked to defend and alert you of any attack.   You have not been alerted, thusly, it should be clear that you haven't been attacked.  You meat world difficulties are no concern to me."