NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1530 on: <11-10-15/1230:57> »
AFB at the moment, but I will let you know about the cars.  I would like to give you the recovery, but I can't.  You guys only got maybe 10 minutes of driving before the barrier.

No problem.  I'll sit this one out.

Just a heads-up: I'll be away on holiday without internet access from November 30th until December 13th.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1531 on: <11-10-15/1320:00> »
Not to derail the adventure, but I did find this:
Quote from: Arsenal, page 103
SAFETY SYSTEMS AND CRASHING
Commercially sold vehicles are required by law to feature seat belts and air bags for forward-compartment passengers (and sometimes also for side compartments as well); many jurisdictions also require travelers to wear safety belts or risk heavy fines. Putting on a seatbelt takes a Complex Action, removing one is a Simple Action.

Air bags automatically go off when a vehicle suffers a serious jolt or crash (gamemaster’s discretion). For this reason, shadowrunners often disable such systems, to avoid having them go off in the middle of a chase or fight. Disabling an air bag system requires a Logic + Automotive Mechanic (4, 5 minutes) Extended Test. When an airbag is activated, the protected character is pinned for a full Combat Turn; the airbag also obstructs line of sight.

According to the standard SR4 vehicle combat rules, passengers are not injured if their vehicle crashes or is destroyed. This assumes the proper use of safety features and other mitigating factors. If the characters are not wearing seatbelts and/or have disabled the airbag systems, gamemasters should feel free to inflict Physical damage on characters during vehicle crashes equal to the damage taken by the vehicle, resisted with Body and half Impact armor (round down).

It seems weird to me that the car could be totally destroyed, and yet everyone in it walks away fine, so I'm ok with Crossbow saying "F that, I'm in charge and you're all taking stun damage". It's about the story, right?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1532 on: <11-10-15/1343:15> »
We had here some time ago a emergency doctor who tried to raise awareness about driving and drinking by showing pictures of car crashes he had seen.  You would be surprised what kind of wrecks people can still walk out of.

On the other hand, if an airbag goes of in your face while you are forced against your seat belt, you will feel it.  This is the stun damage (I've seen the bruises from a seat belt, game technically that's stun damage).  So I totally agree that we take stun damage, maybe just the amount is for me for obvious reasons open to discussion. :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1533 on: <11-10-15/1611:07> »
I got a chance to check Arsenal.  Neither the Jackrabbit or the BMW come with any standards upgrades, let alone passenger protection.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1534 on: <11-10-15/2027:08> »
O'Connor and Snow are at 13
Torley is at 8
Not finding Clem's initiative

Snow is trying to cover the short distance between the cars as part of her first action, but I am seeing no other action description.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1535 on: <11-10-15/2056:35> »
What positions are the cars in? Straight with the lanes or did they turn from the crash?

What's the terrain like? There any overpasses? Is the median just a barrier or is there foliage?
« Last Edit: <11-10-15/2311:24> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1536 on: <11-11-15/0236:14> »
Initiative ~ Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 - Wounds 1: 10d6t5 2 no glitches, so that's 13 for Clem. Her first action will be to get out of the car and find cover, while gettin her SMG out. She will then look around and try to assess the situation.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1537 on: <11-11-15/0700:07> »
What positions are the cars in? Straight with the lanes or did they turn from the crash?

What's the terrain like? There any overpasses? Is the median just a barrier or is there foliage?

The cars stop mostly straight in a relatively straight portion of the roadway, which is 6 lanes wide here with a waist high concrete median.  You are still mostly traveling over water, but the surrounding area has several island hills.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1538 on: <11-14-15/1307:09> »
So I have spent the last few days trying to make a map for you guys, but I have learned that it is a lot easier to manipulate an existing image rather than build one from scratch.  I have also decide it is probably not really necessary.  Suffice it to say, the only significant cover are your cars and the rails on the edges and the median. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1539 on: <11-14-15/1333:51> »
lol  Snow does not even realize there is a need for taking cover.  She is just focused on getting to the other car to help anyone who needs it.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1540 on: <11-14-15/1401:59> »
And I never left cover. ;)

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1541 on: <11-14-15/1504:00> »
It's kind of hard for anyone to take active cover until we identify the direction we need cover from. :) Not that Sam's thinking that way--any cover he has from sitting in the ground with his back to the car, waiting for his head to stop spinning, is purely inadvertent. But welcome. ;D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1542 on: <11-14-15/2323:39> »
I dumped so much into Dodge, O'Connor generally doesn't need cover.

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1543 on: <11-15-15/0217:19> »
Where are we on the IP?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1544 on: <11-15-15/0228:32> »
We're waiting on Crossbow I believe.