NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1320 on: <09-08-15/1555:07> »
I get that you guys are incredulous, the question is are you going to get it done?  :)

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1321 on: <09-08-15/1559:21> »
Sam's opposed to even considering the sandwich run. But since Clem's taking the lead, he's not going to step in and show that there may be "division in the ranks" or anything.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1322 on: <09-08-15/1630:35> »
Actually I was thinking on sending Sam.  Should we be attacked, he's the one we can miss until the end of the combat to interrogate any prisoners we have.  Otherwise I can do it, I just have to put a spirit in my place.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1323 on: <09-08-15/1835:11> »
You know Farothel, I was thinking the same thing ;) Clem was going to nominate either Torley, Con or herself to go since these are the only redundancies the team has.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1324 on: <09-09-15/1220:40> »
Need some indication of who, if anyone is going.  The restaurant is maybe 5 minutes away, and the credstick Clem was given has a balance of 500 on it.

Also, though Pandora is wrong about Sammy having worked the LA shadows, she does know from living here and being a potential target for those runs that exposing or fabricating a contract breach is a major source of income for some runners down here.  A megastar like Pandora is dangerously exposing herself by making this request.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1325 on: <09-09-15/1321:14> »
Little confusion there hoss.  The run you did the night before was for Christy Daee not Pandora.  I know it is confusing, so I am here to help you keep it straight.

Christy Daee - singer - manager is Andre Guiles, who you have taken a disliking to for some reason - sex maniac and drug user that you saw nekkid

Pandora - movie star- manager is Richard Fermin, who you are okay with I think - kinda spoiled, but very charming, seems kinda hungry at the moment, almost saw her topless when she was being stripped of her clothes by her fans in Seattle.

"I can't believe you two're actually talking about doing this. Not only is this trivial--a sandwich? Really?--but she's just told us that it'd be a violation of her contract, and that runners get paid to fake drek like this. Not to mention that we just went through a rather unpleasant night trying to help her deal with the last time she did something she didn't want publicly known." Sam shook his head. "Look, I'm all in favor of having a steady stream of jobs, but if those jobs are a result of the Johnson--or someone close to him--being an idiot, count me out."

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1326 on: <09-09-15/1338:04> »
Ah, thanks. You're right, I'd gotten them mixed up. Edited my post slightly. Sam's still opposed to taking on the run; he feels like it would be an insult to his professional* pride. And thanks for the (presumably irrelevant but cute) skin tracking. :)

* Insofar as shadowrunning is a profession, of course.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1327 on: <09-09-15/1434:37> »
Be glad you don't have to get a shot of Tempo. :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1328 on: <09-13-15/1925:40> »
Looks like we need to track that goat-guy after all ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1329 on: <09-13-15/1932:04> »

An excellent starting point :)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1330 on: <09-13-15/2145:50> »
I was 50/50 on using the day off to track the guy down and kill him for fun. Now I'm glad I didn't.
« Last Edit: <09-13-15/2230:53> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1331 on: <09-14-15/0150:46> »
This is not something Clem would suggest, so someone else will have to bring it up.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1332 on: <09-14-15/0232:40> »
Fermin said he would double our retainer.  How much was that again and when will that be paid?  there are so many posts now that it's starting to become difficult to find back certain things.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1333 on: <09-14-15/0238:41> »
Are we still getting that interference?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1334 on: <09-14-15/0629:19> »
Fermin said he would double our retainer.  How much was that again and when will that be paid?  there are so many posts now that it's starting to become difficult to find back certain things.

You are working for 1000 nuyen a day, so doubled is 2000 for the duration you are doing this.

Are we still getting that interference?

The specific interference I mentioned earlier seems to have subsided when you and Sammy switch to your back-up links, Clem and O'Conner have not yet mentioned their difficulties to anyone as far as I know, and as I said, it can be a hazard of the Matrix age for the minorly hacking illiterate like them to have to deal with these issues like these.

All that said, there is another problem that you are just having to suck up at the moment.  Christy Daee's death is causing the level of localvtraffic to spike dramatically, resulting in a 'background count' for computer related tests of -1d6 until further notice as the servers feel the strain.  This is a realistically understandable phenomena, similar things happened in the past.