NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #765 on: <03-13-15/1517:31> »
Crossbow, you bastard. ;)

And of course, Sam knows nothing about first aid, so with his logic stat, he's looking at a dice pool of one for trying to help the kid. I'm not liking his chances. ::)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #766 on: <03-13-15/1525:33> »
Sam has R2 Gremlins and you tried to fiddle with someone's headware? At this point he should simply walk away while whistling an inconspicuously jaunty tune.
« Last Edit: <03-13-15/1527:46> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #767 on: <03-13-15/1527:10> »
Strongly tempted to. Though he'd probably at least jam a napkin into the guy's neck first. Not that that'd help much, of course...:)

And I'll point out that in my post, I only said that he was looking for the jacks; the GM's the one who made him take the next step!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #768 on: <03-13-15/1631:04> »
Nice try Thvor, the intent was clear.

Please, feel free to attempt to render first aid, that should be entertaining.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #769 on: <03-14-15/1039:19> »
Are the rest of us aware of Sam's plight?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #770 on: <03-14-15/1319:25> »
Snow was watching his Pito feed to get a diagnosis and sees what is happening.  She goes to give first aid, working on the blond first.

First aid on ganger: 15d6t5 5

5 hits.  I hope it is enough.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #771 on: <03-14-15/1738:16> »
Okay, assuming that Torley's Pito feed was on live and broadcasting we can safely assume the group knows what just happened.

(I will deal with the somewhat overuse of the remote omniscience of Pito a bit later)

Snow's being in observation mode on the scene will certainly be able to START MOVING towards the bar with her expected actions being exactly what she is saying upon arrival.

Thvor if you intend for Torley to do anything besides stand there shocked I will need a composure check, but I will still probably call this Combat Paralysis kicking in also, since there is a LOT of blood.

Is anyone else taking actions that need to be addressed?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #772 on: <03-14-15/2029:01> »
I was under the impression that Sam had hid feed on because I was using it to examine the guys.  Let me know if that was not the case and Snow will have to wait until Sam says something.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #773 on: <03-14-15/2128:58> »
No, Clem will keep away from that situation and stay where she is, advising O'Connor and Sammy to stay in position.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #774 on: <03-14-15/2209:26> »
No, Clem will keep away from that situation and stay where she is, advising O'Connor and Sammy to stay in position.

Okay, are they doing that?

I was under the impression that Sam had hid feed on because I was using it to examine the guys.  Let me know if that was not the case and Snow will have to wait until Sam says something.

No that isn't the problem part, and honestly, there really isn't a problem per se.  It is a question of capabilities and effects, and in part it is the disconnect of what Pito actually does, and what it CAN'T do.

You guys have discussed getting a tacnet, I am really on board with you guys having one, because it will keep me from getting upset that you are acting like you have one already.   :o ??? ;D

Pito is not a work around for a tacnet, and not only because you don't get the bonuses that a tacnet gives you, but because it doesn't work that way.

None of what you guys have been doing is technically impossible, given the capabilities of a commlink in this era, but there are still limitations.  I guess what I am saying is to be cognizant of those limitations, does that make sense.   ??? :P :)

(So glad I have remembered to use my smileys again  8) )

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #775 on: <03-15-15/0516:53> »
Unfortunately, I boggled the attempt to get any upgrades for now.  I will try another route to get that, but the Tacnet stuff is a bit spendy and I may need to save some money.  I really think it will help us, but I really need to use a better negotiator than me, I guess.  Anyway, I am thinking I can still try the first aid once I get to the guy.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #776 on: <03-15-15/0527:50> »
I was under the impression that Torley had just a camera running (like I also have one in my glasses or goggles) and we were looking at the feed of that camera, so we know when we have to show up for a rescue or something, as he's all alone in the bar.  I probably have it in a small AR window somewhere in my vision so I can look at it but still see what's going on around me.  We named it Pito, but it's probably just a camera.  And keeping a camera feed encrypted between slaved commlinks (Torley sents it to Snow who can send it on to the other slaved commlinks) is not a problem, as it's what is done between the cameras of buildings and the spider who controls them.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #777 on: <03-16-15/1120:50> »
Hey, sorry for being offline all weekend--my dad was visiting, in addition to our usual kids activities.

Anyhow...I agree that a composure test is warranted, and the CP kicking in makes sense as well. Sam does not like being close to blood. :-\
[spoiler]Composure: 8d6.hits(5)=4
...ooh, Invisible Castle's back up! yay![/spoiler]

Crossbow gets to determine the threshold, and the CP adds one to whatever he picks.

As for the Pito feed--I mentioned earlier that Sam was broadcasting this to the team. And, of course, Crossbow allowed Snow to remote-diagnose the gangers, so he can't now complain that she could see the results. ;)

And for anyone who really cares, Sam's got his contact lenses in, so the video feed shows what he's looking at. Plus thermographic.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #778 on: <03-16-15/1319:39> »
I can try to pretend to be waiting for a date at the motel and came over for a drink.  Sam might still get some mileage from his movie guy act.  I am hoping that this is not the wrong play.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #779 on: <03-16-15/2221:59> »
Okay, waiting for Thvor to post IC, in the meantime, I think I have figured out where the disconnect is for me and what you guys think you can do.

All of you have a commlink, as written a commlink has a camera/camcorder (Snow's implanted commlink doesn't several external devices, but she has other links for those), all of you (except Torley) also have an image link, a device that is not a camera, but one that allows you to see images that you cam is seeing.  There is a certain logic to keeping an internal comm channel open, and to be able to talk with each other at will when you are in close contact, but sharing image links in real time is a bit much.  Pito is essentially a social network with easy uploading.

You guys have been playing as if you have is a TacNet which includes a sensor link, and you don't.

Does this make sense?