NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #450 on: <12-10-14/0015:50> »
@Mercy Merchant

Hello and welcome to the game, look forward to seeing you with us! I don't have any issues with you posting on mornings and evenings, whatever works for you!

@Crossbow

Clem will pay the ¥100 fee, no problems with that at all. Did you want me to role play that part or can we just deduct the money and move on? And like Necrogigas said, without knowing by how much we are over, it's a little difficult to know how much we need to remove.

But in any case, I would say we prioritize the street sams' gear (call my opinion biased if you want), and stuff like the room sweeper Torley picked up would be best left behind in my opinion. It's something that's easily replaceable, as opposed to customized weapons. The ammo we can always pick some up in LA I guess.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #451 on: <12-10-14/0255:10> »
For the 'smuggling box', not only do we need to know how much we are over, but also how you see the security checks.  My Ares Predator and my katana are both R-rated.  If you have a licence, you technically are allowed to have them (and I have those licences, even if they're fake).  So technically, I could take them in my checked-in luggage (in hand luggage it's not possible, that I know, but checked-in luggage should be possible).  This won't work for O'Connor with his criminal SIN, but if the others can take R-rated weapons in their regular checked-in luggage, only the F-rated stuff and O'Connor's stuff has to go in the box, which should be possible.

I can say that it's a movie prop for instance and I might be able to get away with it.  And for the Predator I can go with something like 'you know how dangerous it is for a woman alone.  I need something to defend myself you know'.  If it's in the checked-in luggage, they might accept that.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #452 on: <12-10-14/0834:25> »
I'm fine with leaving the roomsweeper behind, though I doubt that's going to free up much space. It's just a second option for Sam, and he's not good enough with guns to make it overly important.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #453 on: <12-10-14/0855:01> »
It isn't so much of a security check problem as it is a geometry and transport problem.  Weapons that you want to be of any use on the other end require bulky cases or a lot of foam padding.  Swords are usually transported similarly, though I think that is more of a reverence thing.  Different kinds of loose ammo is going to need an ammo can for each type,  and another one for the grenades.  A med kit is a fairly solid mass that I figure to about size of an athletic bag, and the tool kit is minimum shoebox sized.

To tell you what doesn't fit I would need a combined and prioritized list., but I can tell you the bulkiest items are the swords, the assault rifle and the medkit.   Then the SMG, the ammo and the tool kit.  that is NOT in order by size.  I also need to know if you are taking adequate precautions or just stuffing it all in there.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #454 on: <12-10-14/0943:03> »
We can already remove the medkit and the stim patches.  They don't have an R or F rating, so just pack it in your regular bag.  That's already two removed.
I've also removed the firearms repair kit.  That's also not an illegal item and can also be transported in the regular bag (Clem, me or Sam can take it if it gives problems for O'Connor to have a firearms repair kit while he's not allowed to use firearms).

And it is partly a security check problem.  I thought the box was to handle the illegal items we need at the other side, so if we can take our regular items (anything with rating R or lower we have licenses for) in our personal bags (check-in luggage, not hand luggage of course), we only need the box for the F-rated items (and the R-rated items from O'Connor due to his criminal SIN).

ammo boxes for pistol ammo aren't all that big (http://westernfirearms.com.au/storage-ammo-cases-pistol-ammo-box-50-round-40-10mm-45-acp-p50-45-p-3270.html is one to put .45 ammo in, some of the biggest there is in pistols).  It doesn't look all that big for 50 rounds.  If we assume that pistol and machine pistol ammo has a similar size (the only difference between the two is the rate of fire, the bullets of a 9mm pistol and a 9mm machine pistol are the same if I recall correctly), we have the following:

1 light, 2 heavy pistols
1 machine pistol
2 assault rifles
2 katanas
2 knifes
1 stun baton
5 flash-bang granades
Tag Eraser x1
Firearm Repair Kit x1
Medkit R6 x1
Stim Patch R3 x2
Zen x6**

380 rounds pistol ammo from O'Connor
120 rounds pistol ammo from Sammy
50 rounds pistol ammo from Clem
200 rounds rifle ammo (O'Connor)
100 rounds rifle ammo (clem)
That's quite a lot of ammo. :)

Now I've just wrote down all I had, but I can probably remove quite a lot and keep 45 rounds in total (already loaded in 3 clips, so no boxes needed), as I don't need all that much (3 clips from a pistol don't take that much space).  And if I can take my katana and my pistol in my checked-in luggage, I don't need any space in the special box at all, except for the extra ammo (I assume firearms have to be transported without ammo).  Also if it's really needed, I can buy regular ammo in LA, as I'm quite sure they have some there, limiting what I need to 30 rounds of SnS (2 loaded clips).  I can also give some of that to Clem if needed, as we both have a heavy pistol.

So if I and Clem can use our own bags to transport our R-rated items instead of this box we keep:
1 light pistol
1 machine pistol
2 assault rifles
1 knife
5 flash-bang granades
Tag Eraser x1
Zen x6**

380 rounds pistol ammo from O'Connor
50 rounds pistol ammo from Sammy
50 rounds pistol ammo from Clem
200 rounds rifle ammo (O'Connor)
100 rounds rifle ammo (clem)

I have kept the assault riffle from Clem in the box, even though it's R rated, as assault rifles are frowned upon.  This should fit in a 1x1x2m box if we pack it in tight and use optimalisation (like put all the ammo together packed as tightly as possible, instead of by person).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #455 on: <12-10-14/1055:33> »
There were 2 assault rifles?  I thought one was an SMG, doesn't matter.

If the medkit and the some of the other stuff goes away you will be fine..

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #456 on: <12-10-14/1239:06> »
Sam picked up a license for the roomsweeper, but he'd rather leave it at home than put it in his luggage. Just wouldn't fit his travelling persona. :)

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #457 on: <12-10-14/1302:31> »
The Roomsweeper can fit in the case if the medkit and the tools come out

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #458 on: <12-10-14/1951:48> »
Clem doesn't have any licences for her gear, so she can't carry anything with her. But like it's been pointed out, we can carry the Medkit and the gun repair kit, and Clem can leave her regular ammo behind, as it's probably something that shouldn't be too difficult to get a hold of once the team lands in LA.

Now we just need to hope nothing happens on the plane...
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #459 on: <12-10-14/2156:51> »
Trying to provoke ideas Hydroraven?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #460 on: <12-11-14/0006:45> »
Got my first post off.  Fingers crossed that it went OK.  Almost done with an approved character sheet, but the post gave a description of the character.  Thanks for the chance to do this and I hope I do not disappoint.  I love RP and this sounds like a great group so far.  Ophelia does not know much about what is going on yet, sort of like me, so please be gentle.  And Sam Torley, you cad!  What is it with taking a girl out for drinks and sex and then not calling.  Tsk  Tsk.  At least you left a nice tip.  The nuyen came in handy.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #461 on: <12-11-14/0526:51> »
No, not at all Crossbow, just being cautious. This IS shadowrun after all ;)

If you like RPing MM, I think you'll be well served in the group. I just have to give you a heads-up though: Ophelia's style does clash with Clem, so she will be cold with her, at least until she proves herself :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #462 on: <12-11-14/0549:49> »
No, not at all Crossbow, just being cautious. This IS shadowrun after all ;)

If you like RPing MM, I think you'll be well served in the group. I just have to give you a heads-up though: Ophelia's style does clash with Clem, so she will be cold with her, at least until she proves herself :)

Sammy on the other hand is used to that kind of style.
As an FYI for MM: I'm not sure how much you've read in our characters, but mine has the fame quality, so you might have heard about her.  If you have media junkie and/or any knowledge skill about trids or the (LA) celebrity scene, you will have heard about her.  I actually have posted a filmography in my background.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #463 on: <12-11-14/0948:29> »
Before Sam responds, can someone remind me how close we are to the laes-induced memory gap? I'm assuming Yelena's just putting on a pretense as a way of introducing herself, but if the timing is close--if the memory gap was four or five weeks ago--his response could be awkward.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #464 on: <12-11-14/0951:45> »
Ophjelia has absolutely heard of you.  She is a big fan.  And I know it is early days yet, but do not let the exterior fool you.  She is all business inside.  Sam Torley is a former "client" of hers and she rarely forgets a face, even if he has reasons to deny it.  She is pretty good at both of her jobs.  As for Sammy's movies, the list did not say if you had won the Oscar or not.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>