NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #375 on: <10-30-14/1446:13> »
Hello, and welcome. :-)

I also went through the IC thread. It looks like you're mostly out of the fight, but I think I missed the reason why a group of particularly aggressive fans chasing their idol turned into a full fledge firefight.

Well...the main reason for the firefight is because O'Connor is...not entirely stable. He tends to think with his guns, and the rest of us have to put up with that. Clem was using non-lethal ammo, Sammy was tossing stun bolts, and Sam...well, he was being very lucky at not getting hit. :)

Finally, if I get in, we need to figure out how Angel fits in the picture, since I'm not a big fan of retconning characters in. I guess that's Crossbow's problem though...

I doubt we'll retcon; that tends to cause more issues than it solves.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #376 on: <10-30-14/1500:47> »
Welcome aboard souffle_girl, we got into a firefight because our team and the NPC team had a disagreement over who should own those armors. As inserting your character, it'd probably be a simple swap out. The old character leaves on personal business and the new one happens have a mutual acquaintance with a member of the team, probably Torley.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #377 on: <10-30-14/1632:33> »
The fans were mind controlled somehow and wouldn't stop.  I've already played this part (this is about as far as we went) with another group and it also turned into a fight, so I think it will always turn into a fight.  This fight was totally different than the previous time I went through it.  Well, from here on in it will all be new for me too.

EDIT: from what I understood this is a first run, after which we will relocate to LA.  Therefore it will be easy to get a new person into the group.  You can join in Seattle or even in LA (previous hacker had to leave and Mr. J found us a new one via someone he knows).
« Last Edit: <10-30-14/1634:25> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #378 on: <10-30-14/1840:19> »
Welcome to the group, your character will surely be very useful here! Just out of curiosity, did you read the first run these characters did (New Beginnings)? Not that it matters or anything, I'm just curious as to how much you know :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #379 on: <10-31-14/0128:08> »
Just by the way, did we have a chance to hide Mohawk away so that KE doesn't take him into custody? I think Clem would hide him before KE came so she could work on him later on, with Torley's help of course.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #380 on: <10-31-14/0144:29> »
Exactly what is your intention to try?

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #381 on: <10-31-14/0149:28> »
Also, you do understand that there will be other people making statements, like the stuntmen.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #382 on: <10-31-14/0250:17> »
Yeah, put that way, it doesn't really make any sense to try and hide him away. The best solution would have been to interrogate him before KE arrived on the premises, really.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #383 on: <10-31-14/0828:30> »
The stuntmen are still wearing the armor, and you have the credentials and permits to justify their possession.  The set security guys have Mohawk and Harris, they came and got him and the cosplay fan that was knocked out in the fight.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #384 on: <10-31-14/0846:06> »
okay, it's probably just my shadowrun paranoia that's talking.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

souffle_girl

• Newb
« Reply #385 on: <11-03-14/0754:52> »
I forgot to add: I never managed to register on Invisible Castle, some issue with confirmation e-mails, so I use Orokos for my dice rolling instead. I hope it's not a problem.
I am the smart one, you are the potato one

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #386 on: <11-03-14/0827:04> »
I forgot to add: I never managed to register on Invisible Castle, some issue with confirmation e-mails, so I use Orokos for my dice rolling instead. I hope it's not a problem.
I had the same problem when I first joined. It took me three primaries and two spam catchers to finally get a confirmation email from InvisibleCastle.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #387 on: <11-03-14/0901:20> »
it also took me two tries before I got it right (which is why there's a 1 behind my username, as officially the other was already taken).

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #388 on: <11-03-14/0909:05> »
I had the same when I first joined. It took me three primaries and two spam catchers to finally get a confirmation email from InvisibleCastle.

I figured I just had to provide you with the proper incentive, like letting Thvor do your rolling.  :)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #389 on: <11-03-14/0912:22> »
I had the same when I first joined. It took me three primaries and two spam catchers to finally get a confirmation email from InvisibleCastle.

I figured I just had to provide you with the proper incentive, like letting Thvor do your rolling.  :)

At least it wasn't Fionn... I mean RHat ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix