NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #360 on: <10-29-14/1034:03> »
So, just to make sure I'm clear on this: Mohawk fled, the mage disappeared, the mob is dissipating, O'Connor's kneecap friend is...actually, I forget what happened to him?...Clem, O'Connor, and Sam and his band of stuntmen are in a room whose main exit is blocked by tear gas. Half of the armor we're supposed to be protecting is on Sam's army; the other half is currently unaccounted for, last seen on three hapless stuntmen. Luck would have them hiding somewhere else, though an evil GM probably would have had the bad guys somehow capture them in the chaos. Oh, and Sammy's about to have an encounter with a topless starlet behind the bar. ;)

Is that about right? Did I miss anything?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #361 on: <10-29-14/1042:24> »
Let me get a general post from about what Torley and Clem are doing, then I will give you a blurb about results and aftermath.  I may even let O'Connor wake up eventually. ;)

As soon as I know that mage has gone, I will cast heal on him to help him get back up.  I have that spell (healing stunt doubles is actually how I got started in the trid business).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #362 on: <10-29-14/1059:04> »
He is out by stun, there is a little bleed over to the physical, but only a bit.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #363 on: <10-29-14/1115:17> »
The guy Clem knocked out in the fight is still on the ground, right?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #364 on: <10-29-14/1139:00> »
Mohawk is down, but the other guy managed to crawl off.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #365 on: <10-29-14/1331:14> »
one is all we need to do some serious interrogating.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #366 on: <10-29-14/1409:38> »
well, you actually have two, the cowboy behind the bar (Harris) is also still there.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #367 on: <10-29-14/1509:21> »
So, just to make sure I'm clear on this: Mohawk fled, the mage disappeared, the mob is dissipating, O'Connor's kneecap friend is...actually, I forget what happened to him?...Clem, O'Connor, and Sam and his band of stuntmen are in a room whose main exit is blocked by tear gas. Half of the armor we're supposed to be protecting is on Sam's army; the other half is currently unaccounted for, last seen on three hapless stuntmen. Luck would have them hiding somewhere else, though an evil GM probably would have had the bad guys somehow capture them in the chaos. Oh, and Sammy's about to have an encounter with a topless starlet behind the bar. ;)

Is that about right? Did I miss anything?

Sorry, I missed this the first time through.

Kneecap guy was crawling out of the area and leaving a while ago, turn-wise.  No evil GM moment, the other stuntmen are simply hiding in a different part of the room.  Pandora is crawling along the window sill behind the tables which is opposite the bar.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #368 on: <10-29-14/1611:43> »
Hey guess what?  We got a potential new player, FINALLY.  Didn't think it would take so long, but what evs, it good timing to be able to get her in quickly if there are no objections.

souffle_girl is her name and she made a combat support decker.  Her concept was a originally a pure hacker/face named Dark Angel (or just Angel) so this character concept is subject to change but this is her:

Street Name: Angel (short for Fallen Angel)
Name: Mary Ann Miller
Metatype: Elf
Role: Decker/Face

Background:

Some people are born for success - Mary Ann Miller was literally built for it. Her parents, both high profile executive in a corporation in Sydney, spent a fortune to genetically tailor their unborn child to be perfect in every way - physically and mentally. Mary grew up spoiled, pampered and well educated, all for a single goal: climbing to a high position in the corporation and securing her family's status.

Between her brains and her education, by 20 Mary had already a college grade degree and, having shown an aptitude for computers, a comfortable position in the company's Informatics Security, with the promise of raising, in some twenty years, to the high levels of the department.

However, as easy as her life was, it was also terribly boring. Over time, Mary grew more and more restless; after fending off a few attacks from shadowrunners, she became interested in their subculture and started lurking around in the less reputable parts of the Matrix.
She was 25 when she took part in her first run. It was a simple job of stealing data from a rival corp, and she didn't meet much resistance, but the thrill of plunging into the depths of the Matrix looking for trouble had her hooked - that night, Angel was born.
Mary kept sliding further and further into her little "hobby", until the thrill and dangers of a run were all she lived for. Sure, her everyday life was nice and earned her enough money to maintain her life of luxury, but only when, at night, she jacked into her deck and rode the adrenaline of a run she felt truly alive and kicking.

The last thread that held her to her corporate life was cut the day the son of the local branch's vice-president proposed to her. Of course, her family considered it a great honor; but the though of becoming a trophy wife and baby factory to some self-centered manager, not to mention giving up her life as Angel, gave her the creeps.
A few days later, Mary was leaving the Seattle airport for a "business trip", with all the dirt she could dig up on her "fianceé" safely stored in a corner of the Matrix, programmed to be released to the public should she fail to input a password daily. A quick stop to move her money to a disposable credit stick, and Mary Ann Miller disappeared forever...

With the help of a runner she was in contact with Angel managed to set up a fake identity as Lucy Summers, electronics expert, but her resources were drying up fast. She needed some serious work, and fast.

Appearance: Even if you happened to work with her, it would be very unlikely for you to personally meet Angel. She would usually support a group remotely, and all you'd see of her would be her Matrix avatar, a pale skinned woman in dark clothes with a pair of black feathered wings on her back.
Should you ever meet the real Angel, you'd be confronted with the image of a confident, beautiful, tall elf dressed in tasteful, and undoubtly expensive, clothes. Her shoulder length blonde hair would do a nice job in hiding the tiny datajack port on the back of her head. She speaks with a slight, but noticeable, Australian accent.

Personality: Angel is a smart and calculating woman who clearly knows her way around people and social etiquette. Only when she jacks into the Matrix she gives in to her wildest side: she loves the thrill of a close call encounter with a black IC or of breaking into the safest corporate networks. She has expensive tastes, and this puts her constantly in need of work.

So, what are you questions?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #369 on: <10-29-14/1631:14> »
A bloody Thrill seeker. :)
Looks like a fun concept (I've played an elf hacker/face before, although with a very different background and it can be quite fun), although I think Clem and O'Connor will feel a bit out of place with three face type characters about.  But if we're going to continue with Horizon, we'll probably going to have a P2 thing going on at one moment and then a hacker/face is going to be very useful.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #370 on: <10-29-14/1728:00> »
[spoiler=Healing Stun]
Body 4 + Willpower 3 - Average Conditions 1 - Adept 2 = Pool 4
4d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,3] = (0)
4d6.hits(5) → [5,5,5,1] = (3)
So it takes two hours for O'Connor to wake up.
[/spoiler]

I approve of the player, especially because her handle is a Doctor Who reference.
« Last Edit: <10-30-14/0352:18> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #371 on: <10-29-14/1804:12> »
We'll do a GM hand wave and say O'Conner wakes up after KE arrives.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #372 on: <10-29-14/1913:40> »
As a player, I enjoy the Angel character; Clem will have to deal with it, just like she dealt with Fionn.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #373 on: <10-30-14/0514:47> »
Clem will rest as well if there's nothing else that needs to be done.

Body 5 + Willpower 3 - Average Conditions 1 (7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=1) no glitches but bad rolls nonetheless. If she rests the same 2 hours as O'Connor, it'll at least be 3 stun healed.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

souffle_girl

• Newb
« Reply #374 on: <10-30-14/1405:25> »
Hello everyone and thanks for the chance to join! Crossbow has kindly allowed me to post here...

The version of Angel he posted before was a preliminary draft, we went over it later to tailor her to this specific group. In particular, I mede the following changes:

- Angel is not Australian anymore, but British. Specifically, she used to work for the UK branch of Novatech, that later merged into NeoNET.
- She's not an elf, but a human. She only looks like an elf because, after leaving NeoNET, she went through a good amount of cybersculpting, including a metatype change, in order to become as unrecognizable as possible. Of course, her DNA is still the same, but she'll correct that in time.
- This particular build of Angel focuses less on PR skills, since the group already has a face. Instead, now that the need for her to hide her features is less important, she can take a more frontline role as a support character, with decking and medical skills. If things go really south, she can dust off her security training and pull out a SMG.
- She's still an expert at everything corporate.

I also went through the IC thread. It looks like you're mostly out of the fight, but I think I missed the reason why a group of particularly aggressive fans chasing their idol turned into a full fledge firefight.
Finally, if I get in, we need to figure out how Angel fits in the picture, since I'm not a big fan of retconning characters in. I guess that's Crossbow's problem though...

...and I think this is all. Nice to meet you!
I am the smart one, you are the potato one