NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #195 on: <07-23-14/2132:25> »
On my pass I want to try and kneecap the swede. What would the penalty be, and would there be an additional penalty if I go for the other kneecap in the same round?

I am loathe to give you an exact number on the dice pool penalty, though it is significant, and the second shot will suffer the same penalty.  I assume by you trying to 'kneecap' him you are trying to limit his mobility and movement?  That is a called shot, and there will be an additional penalty for the crowd.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #196 on: <07-23-14/2216:55> »
Okay, the order is clear, same as last time, give me an idea of what you are doing before you make rolls.

Clem and O'Connor, along with Sammy spirit, are dealing with at least two obvious ork attackers in a room crowded with stuntmen and crazed fans.

Torley is finally an active combatant in a fight with a human that came in with the orks.

Sammy has a bar between herself and a mob of fans who have their goal locked in their wild-eyed gaze.

Fionn is matrix side.

There is a Jammer limiting communication to Fionn and Clem.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #197 on: <07-24-14/0149:06> »
On my pass I want to try and kneecap the swede. What would the penalty be, and would there be an additional penalty if I go for the other kneecap in the same round?
I am loathe to give you an exact number on the dice pool penalty, though it is significant, and the second shot will suffer the same penalty.  I assume by you trying to 'kneecap' him you are trying to limit his mobility and movement?  That is a called shot, and there will be an additional penalty for the crowd.
New plan then. Would the physical specialization for Intimidation require O'Connor to accost the Swede, or is threatening harm while holding a weapon enough?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #198 on: <07-24-14/0208:11> »
Clem will probably just shoot anyone that comes close to the armours.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #199 on: <07-24-14/0223:11> »
I will check the astral to see if I can see a spell or other magical effect on those people.  I've already done the assensing roll:
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=1)

I will probably not see all that much, unless I get a massive bonus.  I'll do a post on it when it's my time to post.
2nd IP will be starting to lob stunbolts.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #200 on: <07-24-14/0249:25> »
Strictly speaking you are correct, I assumed that with the gravitas with which Fionn addresses his sprites, that he does so 'in person'.  But yes, the spot you tucked yourself into is as safe and unmolested as you can get.

And I was 3 points light on my Initiative score, so:
3d6.hits(5)=1

That's an additional 4, bringing me to 16...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #201 on: <07-24-14/0914:03> »
Torley's action will naturally depend on what the guy with the stun baton does, as I expect he's got a better initiative score.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #202 on: <07-24-14/1126:01> »
New plan then. Would the physical specialization for Intimidation require O'Connor to accost the Swede, or is threatening harm while holding a weapon enough?

You would need a physical component, but not an actual attack.  Not to rain on your parade, but an intimidation in a combat situation, especially with no contact yet, is a limited effect situation.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #203 on: <07-24-14/1128:22> »
Clem will probably just shoot anyone that comes close to the armours.

So it is understood, the armor is on the stuntmen now, give or take a random pad or glove or helmet.  So that means you are holding your action then?
« Last Edit: <07-24-14/1130:09> by Crossbow »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #204 on: <07-24-14/1132:55> »
That's an additional 4, bringing me to 16...

That puts you equal to the fastest, go ahead and tell me  what you are trying.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #205 on: <07-24-14/1135:02> »
Torley's action will naturally depend on what the guy with the stun baton does, as I expect he's got a better initiative score.

To give you an opportunity to plan something stupid, I will let you know, no, you are going before him.  :)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #206 on: <07-24-14/1157:19> »
You would need a physical component, but not an actual attack.  Not to rain on your parade, but an intimidation in a combat situation, especially with no contact yet, is a limited effect situation.
That's where rep comes in, notably O'Connor's 6 notoriety. Or was there no actual reasoning for him and the swede recognizing one another?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #207 on: <07-24-14/1305:24> »
That's where rep comes in, notably O'Connor's 6 notoriety. Or was there no actual reasoning for him and the swede recognizing one another?

It was an acknowledgement of you knowledge and background, but to be honest I had forgotten about your reputation and those applications.  You can try to get some effect, just don't expect the guy to piss himself and run away in fear :)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #208 on: <07-24-14/1310:28> »
Don't worry, I have a spirit for that.  ;)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #209 on: <07-24-14/1321:32> »
Don't worry, I have a spirit for that.  ;)

:)  Took me a minute to get that.

By the way, you were correct, the assencing didn't give you much, other that to confirm that yes, there is magic here.