NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #150 on: <07-16-14/0941:44> »
Then I have summoned my spirit in the dance room (where the armour are) with orders to guard the armour.  I'm then in the connecting part so I can keep an eye on the armours as well as on the proceedings in the Puget Sound Room and stay behind the camera.

You will no be behind the camera in that area.  Behind the camera is between the Seattle and Puget rooms.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #151 on: <07-16-14/1028:39> »
Clem would be on the other side of the Lake Union room, but not in the small hallway, in a way where she can see the armours (and thus the stuntmen I suppose). If she's talking to O'Connor, then he should be close to there.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #152 on: <07-16-14/1217:48> »
Then I have summoned my spirit in the dance room (where the armour are) with orders to guard the armour.  I'm then in the connecting part so I can keep an eye on the armours as well as on the proceedings in the Puget Sound Room and stay behind the camera.

You will no be behind the camera in that area.  Behind the camera is between the Seattle and Puget rooms.

I'll put myself so that I'm behind the cameras, I can keep an eye on the armours and I can keep an eye on the action being filmed.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #153 on: <07-16-14/1445:52> »

I'll put myself so that I'm behind the cameras, I can keep an eye on the armours and I can keep an eye on the action being filmed.

You cannot do both, but i will put you in a near approximation to attempt your goals.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #154 on: <07-16-14/1556:38> »
Definately keep an eye on the armours, as otherwise the spirit service becomes a remote service and I want to keep that second service as well.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #155 on: <07-16-14/1600:51> »
Sam's going to be hanging out in the Lake Union room, where most of the people are. If anyone tries to talk him into moving, he'll shift so he's in the way, but he'll rely on his talking skills to keep from being sent to the no cameras area.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #156 on: <07-16-14/2333:13> »
Okay, I am working on another map for you guys, just have to get Rhat to post on Fionn's activities.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #157 on: <07-17-14/0007:19> »
Sammy is at the bar with Minnie (the partitions do not go floor to ceiling, so the spirit can be seen hovering over the armor area), Torley is among a small group of people who are standing out of the way of the bustle, chatting, Clem and O'Connor are in the dressing room, Fionn has found the best place to be out of the way is to stand where they told you to stand.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #158 on: <07-19-14/0513:58> »
That tech and storage area...  Would there be someone there that Fionn could try to talk into getting him surveillance access so he can monitor the armour and the area nearby?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #159 on: <07-19-14/1038:50> »
You would think so, if there were studio personnel on set that were involved with security.  But everyone in that area is part of the filming crew.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #160 on: <07-20-14/0553:02> »
Well this would be the perfect smokescreen.

Do we need to roll initiative?  Is a simple message to Clem and O'Connor enough to bring them into the action?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #161 on: <07-20-14/0640:50> »
initiative 7 (7d6.hits(5)=1)
So that's init 8 in total, 2IP (I still have that spell going on).

My basic idea will be to sent in the spirit to materialise and scare that group with his fear power.  I'll stay with the armours as I don't have Area of effect powers except for fireball, and I don't think that's a good idea.  :)

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #162 on: <07-20-14/0808:50> »
I'm not sure if this is a situation that would trigger combat paralysis--according to the RAW, it would, but there isn't any actual combat yet--so here's both halves of Torley's initiative roll:

4d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=3

The first half is a glitch, so that puts Sam at initiative 8, after everyone else with that initiative score (plus whatever else the GM decides is appropriate). The full roll isn't a glitch, and would be at initiative 11.

Crossbow, let me know which version you're going with (though I have a sneaking suspicion); if this is a CP situation, Sam's instinctive reaction will be to try to find somewhere relatively safe. If not, he'll try to identify the leader of the mob.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #163 on: <07-20-14/1035:37> »
Okay, still need an initiative for Fionn, and while the spirit materializing will be a good indication that something is wrong to O'Connor and Clem, depending on how that goes down, I think I am still going to keep them out of the first round.  Additionally you will note when you go to contact them that there is something interfering with using the comms all of a sudden.

Torley's  CP does not kick in, in fact, no one is shooting as of yet, so I am going to give him a pass on that point. Surprise checks may still happen though, be aware.

The Fear power only affects a single target, and your service already has it using it's power on someone  from this new group approaching the armor, so you may want to reconsider that action. I will also note that you are in the middle of the crowd and in it's path to getting to Pandora. 

I am also going to need perception checks from Sammy and Torley, not sensory specific, so don't add anything like that, but you will get a bonus 2 dice to the roll.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #164 on: <07-20-14/1054:28> »
The service I had the spirit perform was to guard the armours and warn me when someone came near (excluding the people already on the floor at that time).  I've not said anything about using fear (it was the idea to use it as second service when the spirit warned me, but I've not yet given that command to the spirit). 

According to the big book, p186 (part spirit services): The use of combative powers or abilities by a spirit on behalf of its summoner only counts as 1 service, regardless of the number of foes involved.
So I can give it the command to use the fear power on the group approaching.  That means it will use it's power every IP (a spirit of air has 2IP on the material and 3 on the astral) on a new subject (using fear is a complex action according to the book).  And it will roll 6 dice (will + magic, both of which are 3) to do so.  And the spirit is smart enough (logic 3) to start at the front of the group.

Which reminds me: I have to roll initiative for the spirit, although it will only have 1 IP the first round (as it only shows up after I call it, so I loses 1 of its 2 IP).
spirit init (Fx2)+3 =9 (9d6.hits(5)=2)
So the spirit has init 11

my perception check:
intuition 3 + perception 2 + bonus 2 + enhancers 2=9 (9d6.hits(5)=3)
I have audio and perception enhancers 2, so they count for both.  If it's audio, I have reduced sense, so I lose 1 hit if you take them from the back of the roll.