NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <06-03-14/1858:18> »
By the way Rhat, since Fionn is specialized in Shotguns and the 'sweeper is similarly used weapon, I will negate the defaulting penalty, it is still just an attribute test though.

3 dice is still less than exciting, though if we can get a Smartlink from Darryl (Fionn will pay, extra if need be)...  Guessing that dispensation only applies to shot rounds, though?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <06-03-14/2105:11> »
Clem will buy the suit/vest if everyone else does, but odds are a cowboy elf won't mind if his security is not dressed uniformly.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <06-04-14/0003:19> »
By the way Rhat, since Fionn is specialized in Shotguns and the 'sweeper is similarly used weapon, I will negate the defaulting penalty, it is still just an attribute test though.

3 dice is still less than exciting, though if we can get a Smartlink from Darryl (Fionn will pay, extra if need be)...  Guessing that dispensation only applies to shot rounds, though?

He can't, possibly won't, fit in a mod tonight, but if O'Connor puts in a good word for Fionn, and you sweeten the pot sufficiently, he might get it done tomorrow.

You guess correctly.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <06-04-14/0112:27> »
What's the interval for the extended tests on gun mods? If its short enough, O'Connor could do the work himself, for a hefty markup, of course.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <06-04-14/0145:22> »
What's the interval for the extended tests on gun mods? If its short enough, O'Connor could do the work himself, for a hefty markup, of course.

You could do it, but you would be expecting a lot from your contact who you would be taking business from.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <06-04-14/0300:32> »
You could do it, but you would be expecting a lot from your contact who you would be taking business from.

For a smartlink, O'Connor would have to use Darrell's equipment, so he'd get a sizable cut anyway. O'Connor doing the work just guarantees it gets done.

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <06-04-14/0317:49> »

He can't, possibly won't, fit in a mod tonight, but if O'Connor puts in a good word for Fionn, and you sweeten the pot sufficiently, he might get it done tomorrow.

You guess correctly.

Whoo, lethal rounds for the pacifist! :P

And if he's got the external version, that'd work just fine too.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <06-04-14/0439:08> »
I'm curious to see how O'Connor doing a favour for Fionn would play out.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <06-04-14/0502:03> »
I'm curious to see how O'Connor doing a favour for Fionn would play out.
Profitably or hilariously, for O'Connor at least.

If O'Connor had the technical ability, this would happen with Fionn's smartlink.
« Last Edit: <06-04-14/0541:54> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <06-04-14/1027:49> »
Okay, so that should settle the matter, please post what your final purchase will be, if any, and modify your sheet to reflect it.  Is O'Connor buying two set of clothes and paying for the gun, or three sets?  if not, who is?

Sam will pay for the gun, since he hopes that Fionn will manage to not turn it into a chunk of scrap metal. ;) And since he likes having clean clothing, he'll take two outfits & the vest, for a total expenditure of 750 (600 vest, 100 clothing, 50 gun cleaning). Updated character sheet.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <06-04-14/1323:14> »

For a smartlink, O'Connor would have to use Darrell's equipment, so he'd get a sizable cut anyway. O'Connor doing the work just guarantees it gets done.

Okay so let's be clear, you will cut into getting a good night's sleep, (figure about an hour for shopping, two for the work if you make the roll and another two for all involved travel leaves about 4 hours for sleep max) and either kick Darrell out of his own shop OR keep HIM awake while you work (Likely both), and you expect to make money on the deal? I think I need to see this IC :)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <06-06-14/1944:42> »
If it's really that much of a hassle, then screw it. O'Connor's not gonna go out of his way for Fionn. So, I was willing to give dice rolls, not much more.
« Last Edit: <06-07-14/0101:03> by Necrogigas »

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <06-07-14/0339:33> »
So that's clothing for Sam and of course O'Connoll, a quick swap of the gun for Fion and we're good to go, right?
Let's get a move on, someone wants to see how good her disguise is to a fellow trid star.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <06-07-14/1043:20> »
I think that's it. I'll wait for confirmation before writing anything in the IC though, just in case...
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <06-07-14/1119:26> »
So that's clothing for Sam and of course O'Connoll, a quick swap of the gun for Fion and we're good to go, right?

Sorry, but no.

And O'Connor is only going to 'take things up a notch' if this is a whole group thing. If its basically just everyone trying to browbeat him to get all this, he's gonna tell everyone to piss off.

I am sorry, I had a couple of tests last week, I meant to post a feed to get the chat going between Fionn and O'Connor, but I am just as happy to let that piece go.  The clothing thing is a big deal though.