NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <05-29-14/2003:56> »
Which is kinda irrelevant, because Fionn has a dice pool of 2 to use that weapon.  :P
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <05-30-14/0751:15> »
Sam is still a little bit new to the game, so he probably wouldn't think of it.  Good thing you got O'Connor around as a hardened criminal element :)

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <06-02-14/1216:08> »
Okay sound off, want to make sure everyone is back to see if we can move this along.

If you guys are in agreement to the idea of just getting some utilitarian security clothes that don't need any special gee-gaws or gadgets and not worrying about tags, or a tailored fit, we can skip over the shopping trip and jump ahead to the next morning.

Additionally, if O'Connor and whoever is using it, Fionn or Sam, are cool with it, O'Connor can take the Roomsweeper to Darryl and get it cleaned (the dwarf will just do a quick swap with a stock weapon of the type and deal with it later).  By the way Rhat, since Fionn is specialized in Shotguns and the 'sweeper is similarly used weapon, I will negate the defaulting penalty, it is still just an attribute test though.

A plain security look will set you back 50 nuyen, I would suggest every one get this or the armored variant for 500, probably two or three.  You can additionally get an armored equipment vest to complete the look for 600, Darryl's services will also be 50.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <06-02-14/1349:57> »
I'm fine with off-the-rack security clothing; for deciding which variant to get, what's the armor rating? Is it from one of the rule books, or is it specific to this story line? :)

And Sam's not overly concerned with the roomsweeper. He's not a big gun guy, so if O'Connor wants it swapped out, he's fine with that.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <06-02-14/1538:55> »
I'm fine with it too, as long as we know the armour rating.  I can always wear my form-fitting armour beneath.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <06-02-14/1938:25> »
Armored clothing and vest are rated as per rulebook.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <06-02-14/2028:17> »
I'll take the regular suit and the armored vest, so 650¥ total. With the caveat, I have a tag eraser, I'm using it.

Can armor be modded after the fact, or does it have to be special made with mods?
« Last Edit: <06-02-14/2044:12> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <06-02-14/2216:46> »
I would imagine that would depend on the mod, it could be possible to do any but it would probably be cheaper and easier to get a new one with most of them.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <06-03-14/0031:30> »
Do matching uniforms really matter? Clem's armour rating is higher now than if she purchased the other one.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <06-03-14/0127:46> »
I've never had matching suits, so I don't think it matters.  If it doesn't, I'm not going to buy anything either, as I have an armoured vest already (unmodded, my mods are on the form-fitting armour below) and I think my wardrobe is large enough to get something that looks like 'security' out of it.  I can't wear more than an armoured vest + form-fitting armour anyways to avoid the 'bulkiness' penalty (don't know the official term from the book and I don't have my books here).  So for me either is okay, except that O'Connor really needs a new look.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <06-03-14/0558:04> »
The way I read it, I think it's only O'Connor that needs to take things up a notch.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <06-03-14/0947:29> »
And O'Connor is only going to 'take things up a notch' if this is a whole group thing. If its basically just everyone trying to browbeat him to get all this, he's gonna tell everyone to piss off.

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <06-03-14/1011:52> »
Sam's fine with going with a group look. Regular clothes & armor vest (¥650) seem to be his best bet (without getting an encumbrance penalty). He'll have to leave his regular half-body suit at home, though, so he won't have quite the armor rating he normally does. And he'll probably mutter a bit about the poor tailoring. ;)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <06-03-14/1054:53> »
As I said before, if the goal is a professional look for the group, I would suggest same/similar uniforms.  You each have a style that depicts your strengths, none of which (except Clementine) is security.  Individually, you look professional, together, you are a mishmash.

With Clementine, as I said, her look lends itself to this work and she benefits from that gear.  But if the rest dresses down in utilitarian gear, she will stand out, possibly as a leader or at least the primary contact for the group, visually.  As this seems to be in conflict with her personality, that, as well as uniformity, would be a reason to buy gear.

Okay, so that should settle the matter, please post what your final purchase will be, if any, and modify your sheet to reflect it.  Is O'Connor buying two set of clothes and paying for the gun, or three sets?  if not, who is?

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <06-03-14/1750:13> »
Armor Vest x1: 600¥
Suit x1: 50¥
Total: 650¥

O'Connor's not paying for the gun. In his mind he was generous enough to point out Torley's oversight and down right saintly to have it corrected. He ain't footing the bill too.
« Last Edit: <06-03-14/1815:55> by Necrogigas »

Characters