NEWS

Catsuit over FFBA . . . ?

• 3 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« on: <03-31-19/0058:48> »
It bothers me that the Catsuit (Cutting Aces, pg137) is both better protection and cheaper than Form Fitting Body Armour (Run & Gun pg65). Was this intentional? Is it something that escaped the errata net?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-31-19/0325:35> »
Form Fitting Body Armor has been useless except as another way to add some armor mods. So yeah, the catsuit is hopefully intended as a better alternative.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <03-31-19/0826:51> »
It bothers me that the Catsuit (Cutting Aces, pg137) is both better protection and cheaper than Form Fitting Body Armour (Run & Gun pg65). Was this intentional? Is it something that escaped the errata net?
It seems a bit weird, though as a GM I'd argue that FFBA can be worn under other armor without encumbering you, while wearing other armor over the Catsuit would encumber you. This because FFBA explicitly states you can wear it under other armor, though that gives no stacking benefits. So the Catsuit you can only wear normal clothes over without penalties, while with the FFBA you can use proper armor before/after you are wearing just the FFBA for concealment.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #3 on: <04-11-19/2108:01> »
...FFBA is useful when you have to go undercover and say wear a corp technician's, delivery company's, or cleaning service's jumpsuit.  Just carry a ballistic mask in your work kit and you have at least 10 armour (more if you have armour "built in").
Forsaken daughter is watching you