NEWS

6E - Integral Weapon Accessories AR bonuses and table stats

• 3 Replies

skalchemist

• Omae
« on: <11-10-19/1330:16> »
The description for Laser Sight specifically says the AR bonus is figured in to the stats for weapons with integral laser sights.  Smartgun and Shock Pad do not have similar text.  I'm assuming this means the player needs to make those modifications on their character sheet.  Is that right?  (Also all the other accessories, although Smartgun and Shock Pad seem like the only ones that might reasonably be pre-calculated.)

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-10-19/1356:25> »
A laser sight is a single component piece, whereas a smartlink requires the user to have appropriate vision enhancement electronics or ‘ware. That’s the only reason I can think why laser sights are precalculated and smartguns are not...

(I’d rather they weren’t, but here we are.)
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Noble Drake

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-10-19/1358:47> »
Laser sights are a thing which can be presumed to always be in use when using the weapon.

That's not the case with smartgun systems because you have to have the other half of the system which is bought separately (and commonly implanted in the body), or with the shock pad because that modifies specific firing modes which are themselves optional.

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <11-10-19/1838:06> »
Thanks everyone.