NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

• 526 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #495 on: <06-30-16/1025:41> »
[spoiler]Welche Sicherheitsmaßnahmen habt ihr getroffen, um Flucht/Rettung zu verhindern?[spoiler]

Ihr könnt sehen, dass ihre Geschäftsmiene Risse bekommt. Obwohl sie natürlich weiß, dass einiges von dem, was du sagst, nur ist, um sie einzuschüchtern, hat es nichtsdestotrotz eine Wirkung auf sie. Sie zweifelt nicht daran, dass Scarcrow seine Narben nicht durch eine Kinderkrankheit bekommen hatte, und legte keinen Wert darauf, ähnlich auszusehen.
Manisha schluckt, zögert einen Moment, und beantwortet dann die Frage mit einer Miene und einem Tonfall, als ob sie nicht gefesselt in einem Verhörzimmer und der Aussicht auf Folter wäre, sondern als ob sie einem Vorgesetzten Namen und Dienstgrad nennen würde.

"My name is Manisha Hatsumoto. I'm chief executive of the Sleeping Tiger project. I am research leader of Faruke Incorporated, department R&D, Sleeping Tiger branch. This temple is just a research lab, its leaders are our employees, more or less."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #496 on: <06-30-16/1048:29> »
[spoiler]
Zwei Paar Handschellen um die Hände an die Armlehnen zu fesseln. Der Stuhl ist mit Schrauben am Boden befestigt.

[/spoiler]

"Good. That wasn't so hard, was it? Now your Sleeping Tiger project to create highly capable killers has been getting the wrong kind of attention. Tell us which security measures are in place at the lab. Be aware that tripping us up will not be in your interest. If we are captured or killed, no-one will be able to release you. Worse, at the moment the world thinks that your little boy-toy killed you in a fit of murderous rage and disposed of your body. So it's also his life on the line.
So please be specific and give details. We do have your handbag with all cards. We want relevant passwords, guard stations and all other security measures we might encounter on our way into the lab and to the research data - including the kids you experimented on."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #497 on: <07-01-16/0432:57> »
[spoiler]Was habt ihr an Kleidung/Ausrüstung an ihrem Körper gelassen, was bewusst entfernt?[/spoiler]

"What is it you want to achieve? There might be a way without violence. What are you hired for? Maybe we can find an arrangement, and avoid bloodshet and attention. I assume this is in your intrest, too."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #498 on: <07-01-16/0716:54> »
[spoiler]
Komplette polizeiliche Behandlung: Schmuck, Schnürsenkel, Gürtel etc. abnehmen, abtasten auf versteckte Waffen/Geräte, Matrix Check um versteckte Transmitter zu finden. Ebenso Brillen und Kontaktlinsen.

[/spoiler]
"Yes, we prefer non-violence. If you cooperate none of your coworkers will get hurt. We are hired to get your research and your kids with the prototype gear. Now, stop distracting. Give us a run down of the site's security."
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #499 on: <07-01-16/0742:42> »
"I'm not distracting, you amateur. Who the hell hires people like you? I'm offering you the research files and a list of the test subjects."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #500 on: <07-01-16/0755:16> »
"Cute. You are hopefully aware that amateurs tend to leave a lot of bodies in their wake. So stop the name calling and spill the beans on what we ask. You are welcome to add your input afterwards."
Cinder behielt seinen nüchternen Tonfall bei auch wenn die Bemerkung ihn getroffen hatte. 'Mein Gott, wie konnte es nur soweit kommen...'
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #501 on: <07-09-16/0409:05> »
Manisha seufzt, aber selbst in diesem Seufzen liegt etwas leicht Herablassendes. Dann aber antwortet sie:

"All right. If you need to play the masked heroes, so shall it be.
There is next to no matrix security. But then, there doesn't need to be because there is nothing of value to be found in the matrix. All our research is offline. This is kind of a nuisance but it's the price for working here.
Also, the technological security is at a minimum. Most doors are locked with offline locks. We do have some hard-wired security cameras but whether or not they are useless depends a lot on who is having guard duty. Apart from that, and proper identification systems in the restricted areas, there are no traps, or sensors, or hidden arms.
There is, however, strong magical protection. The inner section is protected by a strong ward. At all times, there are at least two or three Awakened security personnel on guard. Apart from that, there's the occasional sadhu present who will be happy to unleash their forces upon anyone who they think is an intruder. Also, I was informed that there is an array of spirits guarding the place, but since I never encountered them, I have no details on them. I assume it goes without saying the Shree Yela Sai Baba himself is a spellcaster.
Apart from that, there is some mundane force as well. The temple troope is about twenty people strong. Add to this the watchers, fanatics in disguise who oversee the place. I believe it was you who put out one of our best men recently, was it not?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #502 on: <07-09-16/0444:14> »
"Believe what ya want.", blockte Scarcrow eine Antwort zu Frozen Yoghurt ab.
"Tell us more 'bout the temple troops. Are we talking kids with guns, or actual security?
And speaking of kids... where and how do you keep your test subjects?

Oh... and drop that bad-girl-pose. You're not impressing anyone."
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #503 on: <07-12-16/0516:36> »
Manisha schaut dir kühl in die Augen, obwohl man bei genauerem Hinsehen nicht übersehen kann, dass ihr Herz rast und jede Farbe aus ihrem Gesicht gewichen ist.
"If you need me to break into tears to get hard, you have to capture someone else. I really start wondering what low-b-"
Sie beißt sich auf die Zunge und atmet durch.

"The temple troops are basically volunteers. Fanatics. Those who are too dumb to bring in anything useful are given a cudgel or shock gloves and made it their task to defend their temple. I'm not saying they can't be dangerous, but they usually are simpletons.

The test subjects have their training room, laboratories and facilities all in the Inner Section. They believe themselves to be some kind of chosen, and are treated likewise."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #504 on: <07-12-16/0626:44> »
Scarcrow ballte seine großen Hände zu Fäusten, knackte mit den Knöcheln und schnaubte, als könne er seine Wut nur mühsam zurückhalten.
In Wahrheit ließ ihn Manishas Stichelei relativ kalt, er war Beleidigungen gewohnt, aber er bemühte sich, in der Rolle des aggressiven Barbaren zu bleiben.
Zugegeben,  ihre arrogante Art reizte ihn zunehmends.
Man, you're lucky we still need ya..."

"More Details.", forderte er unwirsch . "How are your ... volunteers... armed? How many guns, rifles, heavy drek... and where is it kept?
Any adepts? How many trogs? "

[spoiler] wir wissen von den Kids dass mindestens einer eine mp hat (bzw hatte) und es einen Troll mit Armklingen gibt, richtig?
[/spoiler]
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #505 on: <07-13-16/0308:33> »
"And also, how are those "Chosen" controlled - do they have implants that allow you to make them harmless in the event that one of them should snap?"
Cinder hielt sich zurück während Scarcrow seine Nummer abzog und behielt stattdessen Manishas Reaktionen genau im Blick.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #506 on: <07-13-16/0420:50> »
"I already told you a considerable amount, taking into account that I have no guarantee to leave this room alive at all. Judging from your behavior, you don't care a lot whether or not there is one more enemy corpse in your path. You will see that I have no reason to tell you any further information unless you can give me some kind of guarantee I can see another sunset.
I think I have proven so far that I am willing to cooperate. Holy saints, yes, I value my life way higher than the Sleeping Tiger project. But I'm not a moron. How can I know you won't kill me once I gave you all the information you need?"

Manisha ist sichtlich nervös. Sie kämpft ihre Furcht hinunter, um rational bleiben zu können. Trotzdem seht ihr zum gegebenen Zeitpunkt keinen Grund anzunehmen, dass sie lügt.

[spoiler]Du darfst natürlich gerne auf Judge Intentions würfeln, wenn du ein greifbareres Resultat möchtest.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #507 on: <07-13-16/0507:10> »
"And we appreciate that. And as we have told you, we don't want to kill you. On the contrary we are binding your faith and life to ours. If we don't come back from our run you'll probably die because no-one will find you or be looking for you. On the other hand, if we are successful, there will be no reason for us to harm you in any way. You will be released and free to do whatever you want.
There is no profit in killing you."

[spoiler]Judge Intention: 9d6t5 3 [9d6t5=3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 1, 5, 3, 1]
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #508 on: <07-13-16/0751:39> »
"Hahaha, I'm laughing my ass off. What reason would you have to come back and free me? Why bother and make another potential enemy. If you think this is how business works, you should stop reading comicbooks.
Why don't we agree on some kind of deposit. I'm sure you have s... Oh, Jesus!! What have you done to Jeremiah? Where is he? What did you do to him? Let me talk to him!"

[spoiler]Deine Menschenkenntnis scheint im Großen und Ganzen zu bestätigen, dass sie ehrlich ist. Vielleicht ist die eine oder andere Reaktion aufgesetzt oder etwas pointiert, aber der Kern ist wahr: Ihr Leben ist ihr mehr wert als das Projekt.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #509 on: <07-13-16/0815:04> »
"Nothing more than we did to you, minus the abduction. He is alive and by now probably even conscious again in your flat. But you might notice a little cut on your forearm. We took the liberty of leaving some blood splatters around and also a bloody knife. Combine that with some other pieces of incriminating looking evidence and Jeremiah will look very much like he killed you in a alcohol induced rage, smelling like wine as he did. As of yet we have not placed an anonymous call complaining about screams and loud music from your flat, but chances are that he'll himself call the police.

And don't worry about us - we have certain safeguards in place. We certainly won't come back to free you - instead we will place a call and have the police free you. Believe it or not, but I have no desire to have a death on my conscience. The fact that we are talking in a civilized fashion with you instead of torture should be prove enough for that.

So back to our questions..."
talk think matrix