NEWS

Seeking advice on character background

• 4 Replies

gargaM0NK

• Newb
« on: <07-02-12/1416:06> »
Right now I just have broad ideas.  After I get the timeline ironed out, I'll make it more prosaic.

(XXXX) Born in Maryland Heights (UCAS) district of St. Louis, MO to wealthy parents.  Father is of Cajun descent.

She and her mother are both elves.  She may have been born that way, or may go through UGE.  Either way, her father is not a fan.

Born with a silver spoon, she grows up learning more how to manipulate people into doing things for her rather than learning how to do anything for herself.

She awakens.  This is the final straw for her father.  He disowns her and expels her from the household.

One of the first generations of elves, we can only imagine the trauma of unexpectedly feeling like a teenager for decades on end.

Homeless, penniless, skill-less, she mooches off of her friends and takes up laésal wine.  It helps her pass the time and drown out the pain, but her friend is worried about her.  She begins a cycle of laeal oblivion, confused sobriety, and the pursuit of more laés.  Concerned for her safety, her friend seeks help from the United Brotherhood, and entreats her to go as well.

The cycle is finally broken when she wakes up one morning, having no recollection of where she's been, what she's done, she finds her friend dead and herself a suspect in the murder case.  She is acquitted, but is left with neither the resources to acquire nor the courage to risk more laes.

Back in St. Louis, she meets someone connected (mob) who pays her to run errands.  When that well runs dry, she follows them down the Mississippi.  There she takes up with a Krewe, levying her charisma but more-so her compulsion of spirits.  Although she is not initially aware of it, most of her work is done at the bidding of the Kozlowski mafia.

Ever at the wrong place / wrong time, she gets into a shoot-out with some runners.  The only member of her krewe to survive, she is still hospitalized.

Having confronted the runners and lost, she decided a change of occupation is in order, but alas things are never that easy.  The family had paid for her hospital care, and is in no hurry to lose their investment.  She manages to negotiate her freedom, but is forced to leave the city in addition to making good on her debt.

In the wake of ghostwalker's arrival, Denver is in flux, meanwhile both her UCAS and CAS ids will serve her there.

Suggestions welcomed!  Thanks in advance.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <07-02-12/1433:51> »
First, elves being born that way IS UGE. Elves and dwarves don't goblinize, like Orks and Trolls do.

Otherwise, not bad. Now just have to fill in the last ten years since Ghostwalker came to town.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

gargaM0NK

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-02-12/1456:18> »
Thanks for the response!  I was under the mistaken impression that UGE occurred to the entire population, not just children born after it.  Cheers.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <07-02-12/1503:27> »
UGE (Unexplained Genetic Expression) was the term that was coined to describe the first elves and dwarves. Goblinization came later, when Orks and Trolls showed up. Elves and dwarves are born, orks and trolls are either born or goblinize during puberty. And then there's SURGE, which has all kinds of crazy tied up in it.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-02-12/1510:05> »
Part of why I despise the Rule 0 stuff. Got screwed when I was new to SR and didn't know better setting-wise by the GM "goblinizing" a human char into an elf because of drinking a glass of wine from the Tir.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen