NEWS

A New Type of CC!

• 2 Replies

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« on: <01-06-15/1821:01> »
So, I've had a character concept floating around for a while, but I've been disinclined to properly stat them out due to the changing theme in my head.  Instead of getting lots of advice on how to go about creating the character (I'm fine with mechanics), I thought I'd instead ask folks for various ideas on what would make good thematic decisions for it.  Quality suggestions do fall into this as well. 

All in all, the concept is an adept street samurai called Wave-Man.  The whole idea at the moment is that they were a person who life decided to teabag thoroughly, and was close to the edge, near mad from never properly channeling his Awakened powers.  At that point, a good man pulled him out of the gutter and, for lack of a better term, fixed him up.  The guy who did this was a businessman from one of the Japanacorps who followed Bushido quite closely.  The man he saved basically dedicated his life to the guy and to his ideals, which gives him direction and focus.  Now is when the businessman, his savior, gets thrown to the wolves and dishonored by one of the rival Japanacorps before dying.  Now a ronin, Wave-Man is 'running to restore his savior's honor, do all-around good deeds, etc.

Pretty much everything about him is up for grabs, except for being non-Asian or oni.  I'm going for a feel of an outsider to the culture who's found it to be what he's been missing for his whole life. 
Code of Honor (Bushido) is a must. 
The more insult the Yakuza and Japanacorps bigots feel about this guy, the better; not sure if I'd go human, ork/oni or troll, so various suggestions on which would be the most amusing/most interesting would be nice.
Not sure which Japanacorp he'd be more 'loyal' to, or which screwed over his mentor. 
State of family?
Possible stains on his honor? 
Besides Blades, not sure what kind of weapon options would be best. 
Kenjutsu Martial Art is a likely choice, as-is the Quick Draw adept power and a quick draw saya for a katana. 
Hobbies that would suit such an individual? 
Some kind of 'day-job' skills would be useful, but not sure what he'd go for; mechanic, instructor, construction worker, paramedic, etc. are all on the table.  I always like having a secondary focus for my characters. 
Etc. 

Thanks for the help and suggestions, folks!
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-06-15/2202:02> »
Instruction would be good - maybe he helped teach in the dojo.  For hobbies, perhaps origami, ink brush painting, or haiku - samurai were encouraged to have an artistic side if I recall correctly.

The good thing is that this concept fits the system mechanically.  You don't need a huge number of skill points for this, which is good, because you will probably use the A and B priorities for Attributes, and being an adept (B for adept gives you a rating: 4 skill, though, so that should help).  I would say human or ork would fit the overall concept best.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #2 on: <01-07-15/0028:28> »
Just had a new player build a parkour street sam (ware based) from Japan that is basically Oliver queen from the t.v. show "arrow". You can certainly use that as inspiration.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?