NEWS

Troll Adept swordsman using sum-2-10

• 23 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« on: <01-04-15/2345:47> »
He doesn't know much, but what he does he knows really well.  Thoughts?  Is he unplayable?

A(4) - Troll (5 Special Attribute Points)
A(4) - Attributes (24 Attribute Points)
C(2) - Magic (Adept/Magic 4 1 rating 2 skill)
E(0) - Skills (18 Skill Points/0 Skill Group Points)
E(0) - Resources (6,000¥)

Kraut
METATYPE: TROLL
B 9, A 4, R 5/7, S 10, W 5, L 2, I 4, C 1, ESS 6, EDG 4, M 6
Condition Monitor (P/S): 13 / 11
Armor: 15
Limits: Physical 12, Mental 5, Social 5
Physical Initiative: 9/11+3D6
Active Skills: Athletics Group 1, Blades 6 (9) (Swords +2), Intimidation 1, Perception 3 (Visual +2), Sneaking 1, Throwing Weapons 6 (9) (Blades +2)
Knowledge Skills: Area Knowledge 3, Fencing Academy 3
Languages: English N, German 6
Metatype Abilities: Armor (+1), Enhanced Senses: Thermographic Vision
Qualities: Adept, Allergy, Common (Mild): Soy, Code of Honor: The Soldier's Code (6dicepool vs. 4), Mentor Spirit: Thunderbird, The Warrior's Way: Improved Ability, Improved Ability, Missile Mastery
Adept Powers: Attribute Boost (2): Agility (8dicepool), Critical Strike: Blades, Enhanced Accuracy: Blades, Enhanced Accuracy: Throwing Weapons, Improved Ability (3): Blades, Improved Ability (3): Throwing Weapons, Improved Reflexes (2), Missile Mastery, Rapid Draw
Gear:
. . Armor Jacket
. . Ballistic Mask (Customized)
. . Concealed Quick-Draw Holster
. . Glasses (1) w/ Image Link
. . Gunther Black w/ Fake License: Sword (1), Fake SIN (1), (1 month) Street Lifestyle
. . Renraku Sensei Commlink
Weapons:
. . Sword Weapon Focus (2) [Blade,Blade, Reach 2, Acc 7, DV 14P, AP -2] w/ Weapon Focus (2)
. . Throwing Knife x10 [Throwing Weapon, Acc 13, DV 11P, AP -1]
Contacts:
Street Doc (Connection 1, Loyalty 3)

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Shadowrun © 2005-2014 The Topps Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Shadowrun is a registered trademark of The Topps Company, Inc.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #1 on: <01-05-15/0932:26> »
he's not unplayable per-se but you're gonna be pretty bored outside of combat and you'll be living like a scumbag, smelling like one too.
resources E is really there to be boosted with 10 karma to get you 26k. that enough to get low lifestyle,bike, weaps + armour, R3 SiN + Comm +a few misc bits.
Soy allergy is going to make eating incredibly difficult, especially with street lifestyle.
A mugger wont need to even bother, they'll just wait till you eat and rob your corpse lol.

Plus you auto fail all social tests outside of intimidation....
Might want to have a tweak of the charsheet mate :-) maybe try A-Troll B-Attribs C-skills D-magic E-resources.
SAP from troll boost MAG, you still get excellent physical stats and you've got a lot more skill points to play with
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-05-15/1036:52> »
I'll do somthing slightly differently. You can easily get 8 more skill points and 2 spells, to round the character.

A: troll
B Magic + attributes
E: skills (18 + 8 = 26 skill points ... not so terrible).
E: money...

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-05-15/1135:11> »
I'll do somthing slightly differently. You can easily get 8 more skill points and 2 spells, to round the character.

A: troll
B Magic + attributes
E: skills (18 + 8 = 26 skill points ... not so terrible).
E: money...

He's an adept not an MA or mage.  That setup does give you full edge and the same skills as a mundane using skills D though so worth considering.

Edit: Left a couple words out there.  I hate it when I do that.
« Last Edit: <01-05-15/1159:10> by jim1701 »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-05-15/1136:32> »
oh... sorry about that ;)

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <01-05-15/1215:49> »
I'd leave out the way for now (Was posted somewhere that they cost the same Karma after Generation, like MA), and spend some points into extra money and maybe a few extra skills/groups at rating 1.
Oh, and after a few runs raise Charisma, because it factors into more things than talking fast and looking pretty.
Otherwise, seems perfectly workable.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-05-15/1327:49> »
Get a custom grip on the sword. It does what Improved Accuracy does but for like 100 nuyen. No-brainer. Better use of PP elsewhere.

You want 1 rank of Combat Sense and Motion Sense.

Do you really need so much WIL? I'd put more in AGI.
Playability > verisimilitude.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-05-15/1439:33> »
Get a custom grip on the sword. It does what Improved Accuracy does but for like 100 nuyen. No-brainer. Better use of PP elsewhere.

You want 1 rank of Combat Sense and Motion Sense.

Do you really need so much WIL? I'd put more in AGI.

I use both for mine and am glad for it more often as not.  Given the limited number of ways to raise accuracy I'll take all I can get and .25 is not too much to pay IMHO.

EDIT:  Regarding AGI, he maxed out STR so 4 is as high as he can go, unfortunately.  Personally, I'd drop the strength to 9 so I could max out agility at 5 though.  I'd consider moving a point to CHA so you can get the Berserk power at some point. 
« Last Edit: <01-05-15/1636:15> by jim1701 »

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <01-05-15/1526:15> »
Isn't the accuracy for throwing weapons the physical limit?
How often do you really get more than 12 hits?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #9 on: <01-05-15/1619:48> »
It's for chucking random items; pens, coasters etc. Accuracy starts at 3 with the adept power, hence the improved accuracy
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-05-15/1637:30> »
It's for chucking random items; pens, coasters etc. Accuracy starts at 3 with the adept power, hence the improved accuracy

Not sure what you mean by this? 

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-05-15/2008:52> »
I've got 2 improved accuracy, one for swords and one for thrown weapons, then I also have missle mastery.

One problem with getting the custom grip is it's not in any book I have :(  I think that's just a 4E thing afaik.
The soy alergy is definetly a problem, should re-work that.

Dropping the way is silly.  I've got 5 pp to spend now, I doubt this char will get another 5 points.  Halving the costs of a lot of those Adept powers is a big deal.  Probably better to drop the martial art.  Its a pretty cool interrupt, but I can basically get it from adept powers down the road for much less.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #12 on: <01-05-15/2058:31> »
Custom grip has been updated to 5th in one of the fiction eBook supplements, it cost ¥100 and raise accuracy by 1, availability is really low as well. One of the mission updates have the full states for them.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <01-05-15/2323:13> »
One problem with getting the custom grip is it's not in any book I have :(  I think that's just a 4E thing afaik.
The soy alergy is definetly a problem, should re-work that.

Its from Sail Away Sweet Sister one of the enhanced fiction books

SASS P31
WEAPON MODIFICATIONS
Personalized Grip: This modification is available for
both ranged and melee weapons that include a handle
or grip. It customizes the grip to a specific person’s hand.
When using this weapon, this person receives a +1 bonus
to the weapon’s Accuracy. This is cumulative with any other
Accuracy modifiers used with the weapon.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <01-06-15/0956:23> »
The Grip also costs 100 Nuyen per the Missions FAQ.
The reason I suggested dropping the way is that it's Karma cost doesn't increase in play, so you can get it later for 20 Karma and retroactively get the discounts to spend the extra power points on what you need at the time.
Your Piorities, however. :D