NEWS

Sprite reliant Techno/Face using Sum-to-Ten

• 4 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« on: <12-28-14/0321:04> »
I totally stole Fisher's sheet format because I liked it... slight modifications, but their layout.... Thanks Fisher!
Also, I've got a decent amount of cash left, but not 100% sure what to spend it on.

Priorities:
A (4) - Resonance (6, 2 r5 skills 5 CF)
B (3) - Attributes (20)
B (3) - Skills (36/5)
E (0) - Metatype (Human - 1)
E (0) - Reources (¥6000)

Human
Body - 2 (10k)
Agility - 2
Reaction - 2(3)
Strength - 2
Willpower - 5
Logic - 5
Intuition - 5
Charisma - 6
Resonance - 6
Edge - 3

Qualities
Trust Fund (-5)
Lightning Reflexes (-20)
Code of Honor (White Hat) (+15)
Incompetent (Cracking Group) (+5)
SINner (National SIN) UCAS (+5)

Skill Groups Rating/Pool
Influence Group - 5/11

Skills
Clubs (Batons) - 6(8 )/8(10)
Compiling (Fault Sprites) - 6(8 )/12(14)
Computer (Matrix Perception) - 6(8 )/11(13)
Con (Fast Talking) - 6(8 )/12(14)
Perception - 4/9(V:11/H:11)
Registering (Fault Sprites) - 6(8 )/12(14)
Software (Cleaner) - 6(8 )/11(13)

Knowldege
Academic
Matrix Protocols - 4/9
Resonance Realms - 4/9
Profession
City Politics - 3/8
Corporate Politics - 3/8
Interests
Small Unit Tactics - 2/7

Languages
English - N
Japanese - 2/7
Spanish - 2/7

Complex Forms
Cleaner
Puppeteer
Static Veil
Stitches
Transcendant Grid

Sprites
Crack - 6 (2 tasks) (2k)
Courier - 6 (2 tasks) (2k)
Fault - 6 (2 tasks) (2k)
Machine - 6 (3 tasks) (3k)

Derived Stats
Intiative - 7/8+2d6
Matrix VR - 10+5d6
Physical Limit - 3
Mental Limit - 7
Social Limit - 8(10) (+2 for Beriwk Suit + Ulysses Coat)

Physical: [][][] [][][] [][][]
Stun: [][][] [][][] [][][] [][]

Contacts (C/L)
Bartender - 3/2
Beat Cop - 3/3
Fixer - 5/2

Gear: ¥16710
5x Certified Cred Sticks, Standard
Face Mask (ski/skateboard etc)
Contacts (1) Thermographic Vision
Data Tap
Ear Buds (2) Audio Enhancement (2)
Gas Mask
Glasses (3) Low Light Vision, Vision Enhancement (2)
Micro-Tranceiver
3x Psyche

Identities:
Billy Bottom - National SIN (UCAS) Middle Lifestyle License: Stun Baton (Lifestyle paid for by Trust Fund), Technomancer
Jerod Jones - Fake SIN (2) No lifestyle, License: Stun Baton

Weapons:
Stun Baton - Accuracy 4 Attack Dice 10 Damage 9S(e) v-5
Unarmed Strike - Accuracy 3 Attack Dice 1 Damage 2S

Armor:
Berwick Suit Armor 9
Ulysses Coat Armor +3

Remaining ¥ : 1590 + 500(Trust Fund) + 4d6x100

Karma Totals:
Attributes - 10
Gear - 6
Resonance - 9
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #1 on: <12-28-14/0413:20> »
Considering you are Sprite Reliant (and already took Incompetent - Cracking), you would be much better off with Metatype E, Attributes A, Resonance A, Skills C, and Resources E.

You need at least Hardware 1. If you get link-locked, you cannot default on Hardware, meaning you are pretty much dead. Personally, I would go Pistols 6 (+2 Tasers) over Clubs 6 (+2 Batons).

I would look at picking up Resonance Spike, that way you can at least help out during combat.

You should definitely put the full 10 Karma into nuyen. You need at least a rating 4 Fake SIN, not having one is asking for trouble (and a need for a very early replacement).

Just my first thoughts. Otherwise, looks all right. Got to hope for the best with Sprites, but still all right.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-28-14/0726:28> »
I don't believe in paying for sprites/spirits at chargen unless you know you will have absolutely zero prep time before your first run. Ask about it - if nothing else, you could spend some of your legwork time registering a couple sprites and then compiling a 3rd and recovering from Fading.

And I seriously hope Widgets come back, TMs are so comparatively screwed with a lack of foci-equivalents; these should really be as core priority for TMs as they are for mages.
Playability > verisimilitude.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-28-14/1657:44> »
Considering you are Sprite Reliant (and already took Incompetent - Cracking), you would be much better off with Metatype E, Attributes A, Resonance A, Skills C, and Resources E.

You need at least Hardware 1. If you get link-locked, you cannot default on Hardware, meaning you are pretty much dead. Personally, I would go Pistols 6 (+2 Tasers) over Clubs 6 (+2 Batons).

I would look at picking up Resonance Spike, that way you can at least help out during combat.

You should definitely put the full 10 Karma into nuyen. You need at least a rating 4 Fake SIN, not having one is asking for trouble (and a need for a very early replacement).

Just my first thoughts. Otherwise, looks all right. Got to hope for the best with Sprites, but still all right.

I took the bump in skills so s/he could be a useful Face as well.  I felt the 8 skill points and 3 skill group points made up for the 4 attribute points.

As for Hardware, having a whole 7 dice (10 with edge) against someone link locking me, I'm pretty dead anyway.  Though they are going to have to deal with 3-4 sprites while that's going on, so my thought (read hope) was that the sprites would be able to knock anything into submission that locked me.

For RS, it's one of the first things s/he'd pick up.  I had it on there, but opted for the sprites instead. (more on that in response to WJ)

To the SIN, again, this is the first thing he'd buy.  But s/he's a trust fund kid.  They've got ¥¥ and a valid SIN to get around, just want to hide that one when doing Bad Things(TM).  And they'd be saving up for an R6 SIN anyway and didn't really want to waste the money on a R4 that they'd burn pretty quickly.  Might as well burn the R1 right off the bat :P

And the Taser vs. Stun Baton is just an RP aspect that I kinda like.  Also, can use it as a regular baton when it runs out of charges.  The Taser is pretty useless when it runs out of ammo.  And honestly, this chummer shouldn't be getting in much of the way of physical confrontations.  If s/he can't talk/hack their way outta the fight, shit has hit the fan.  Though with that thought, why spend 7 Skill Points on it.... hrm, good food for thought.

I don't believe in paying for sprites/spirits at chargen unless you know you will have absolutely zero prep time before your first run. Ask about it - if nothing else, you could spend some of your legwork time registering a couple sprites and then compiling a 3rd and recovering from Fading.

And I seriously hope Widgets come back, TMs are so comparatively screwed with a lack of foci-equivalents; these should really be as core priority for TMs as they are for mages.

Re: paying for sprites.  Every time I've tried to get the time to compile/register a sprite, the GM throws shit at me so I've gotta run through everything with 3-5 stun damage :(  And since this build is so reliant on Sprites I didn't want to not have any around, espeically being limited to only 1 compiled sprite, and it taking 6 hours to register a sprite I'd be screwed in any situation that I didn't have a few around.  Though I can definitely see the value of taking fewer of them to start with.

Thanks both of you for the feedback!
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-29-14/1344:46> »
Re: paying for sprites.  Every time I've tried to get the time to compile/register a sprite, the GM throws shit at me so I've gotta run through everything with 3-5 stun damage :(  And since this build is so reliant on Sprites I didn't want to not have any around, espeically being limited to only 1 compiled sprite, and it taking 6 hours to register a sprite I'd be screwed in any situation that I didn't have a few around.  Though I can definitely see the value of taking fewer of them to start with.

Thanks both of you for the feedback!
Ugh, unfortunately that is a problem that no book can solve. But you're within your rights to spend a couple days of legwork time (assuming you get it) compiling and registering sprites and sleeping off the stun while another sprite does the Matrix legwork. :P
Playability > verisimilitude.