NEWS

Emerald City & Lone Star’s New Security Ratings

• 9 Replies

Maded

• Chummer
« on: <05-20-22/0650:24> »
Aside from guesswork based upon reading through Emerald City and Sixth World Companion, I must have missed any direct translation of the older Zone Ratings to the new Lone Star security ratings. Can anyone pop those up here? Thanks!
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the WAR ROOM!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <05-20-22/0727:29> »
From the words of JM Hardy on Facebook:

Platinum - AAA
Gold - AA
Silver - A
Bronze - B
Copper - C
Blue - D
White - E
Unlisted - Z

How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-20-22/1044:41> »
Aside from guesswork based upon reading through Emerald City and Sixth World Companion, I must have missed any direct translation of the older Zone Ratings to the new Lone Star security ratings. Can anyone pop those up here? Thanks!
You didn't miss anything!  The CRB doesn't talk about Security Zones in a corporate-specific way.  It was boneheaded to change them for flavor in Emerald City. 
It's bad design to rename game mechanics for in-universe reasons.  Like if Ares weapons started calling their firing modes Justice, Double Tap, Stay Down, and Bullet Freedom and appeared in the Gear Section as J/DT/SD/BF.  What a mess.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #3 on: <05-20-22/2205:26> »
You didn't miss anything!  The CRB doesn't talk about Security Zones in a corporate-specific way.  It was boneheaded to change them for flavor in Emerald City. 
It's bad design to rename game mechanics for in-universe reasons.  Like if Ares weapons started calling their firing modes Justice, Double Tap, Stay Down, and Bullet Freedom and appeared in the Gear Section as J/DT/SD/BF.  What a mess.

But SR does do that sometimes. Like the techno-color Matrix security of the first few editions.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-21-22/1514:08> »
Yeah, I was a bit harsh, but obvs they should have listed the equivalent next to it.

Maded

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <05-22-22/0629:06> »
From the words of JM Hardy on Facebook:

Platinum - AAA
Gold - AA
Silver - A
Bronze - B
Copper - C
Blue - D
White - E
Unlisted - Z

Thanks! I’m on the FB page and must have missed that.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the WAR ROOM!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <05-23-22/0351:18> »
To be honest I don't even know where on Facebook it's from, someone asked on Discord and someone else replied with that screenshot.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-23-22/1027:11> »
It was in the '6th edition chummers' fb group. 

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <05-23-22/1045:25> »
Direct link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shadowrun6thEdition/posts/3025707374308717/

(You might need to be a member of the group for it to work.)

Greysword

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <06-12-22/0108:02> »
Direct link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shadowrun6thEdition/posts/3025707374308717/

(You might need to be a member of the group for it to work.)

Wait, are you saying we need a Mark on that Host in order to get in?  ;D