NEWS

Populating Seattle

• 79 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #75 on: <12-02-14/1450:24> »
Here's an example of what my current location template looks like:

Quote from: 8-bit
A Little Bit O’ Saigon | Seattle 2072; page 44
South Jackson Street & Broadway | Approx. Latitude: 47.59918936, Longitude: -122.3208493
Vietnamese Restaurant with a French influence. The Nguyen Family, the owners, are currently in debt and closely monitored by the Red and Yellow Seoulpa Ring.

Seattle 2072 doesn't have much on history, but I could try and find something. The location stuff was me going into Google Maps and trying to find an approximate intersection (some of the streets seem ... different in 2072-2075).

As a note, I can give you what I have so far, but honestly, work is going slowly. Between family, school work, and other things, this tends to be a lower priority. That being said, I'll try to get more of it done soon.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #76 on: <12-02-14/1645:48> »
Low priority sounds about right.  :)  I've got a lot on my plate too, so no worries.  Feel free to send it my way, and I'll revise or clean up what you've got so far.  The streets should be vastly different from real life, what with that giant arcology taking up all of western downtown, a volcano erupting in Puyallup, etc.  We'll try to find the closest approximations, and use geographical data when we implement the map system, so as to prevent issues with intersections that don't exist.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #77 on: <02-16-15/1402:42> »
As an FYI, I've still been working on this.  My group and I decided to pick up an Obsidian Portal site instead of the Wikia thing.  Obsidian Portal is a little more restrictive, but a lot easier for us to use.  None of us have experience editing wikis, but we're familiar with blogging so it makes some sense.  Plus, it's all contained in a nice format already, where we don't have to create all the rules ourselves.

I've only put in some of my unofficial NPCs, but if any of you is interested please feel free to poke around: shadowsea.obsidianportal.com.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <02-22-15/2232:23> »
Just a quick note to let you guys know there's been some serious updating.  I've added all the official bosses and lieutenants for each of the Three Families in Seattle: the internal squabbles of the Finnigan Family, the old-world class of the Ciarniellos, and the brutal efficiency of the Gianellis are now updated.  Additionally, each of the official NPCs of the Laesa are updated.  In each of these categories, there are some unofficial NPCs as well, and where possible I attempted to get actual descriptions, pictures, and stats for the NPCs.

The stat blocks are currently in the GM Only section, but that's something I might look to change.  At least for the official NPCs anyway.  In addition to these criminal scumbags, I've got a slew of unofficial freelance criminals that include everything from a borderline psychotic arms dealer to a homeless script kiddie.  These are available for anyone to use of course.  And finally, we've got the five current runners that make up the team I work with.  Fade, the drug-addicted former DEA agent, Shay, the spy-turned-shadowrunner, Jojo, the gangbanger with a heart of gold, Troper, the hacker with a lot to hide, and finally Lynx, the Dragon-slayer mage who can't settle down.

Drop in and take a look around - I'll be adding more NPCs as time goes on.  Next on the list are the Yakuza NPCs and organizations.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <03-05-15/1530:50> »
Update!  The following groups and their respective NPCs have been fleshed out:

Mafia
  • Ciarniello Family
  • Finnigan Family
  • Gianelli Family

Seoulpa Rings
  • Choson Ring
  • Komun'go Ring

Triads
  • Eighty Eights
  • Octagon
  • Yellow Lotus

Yakuza
  • Kanaga-gumi
  • Kenran-Kai
  • Shotozumi-gumi

Other Syndicates
  • Koshari
  • Laésa
  • Tamanous
  • Vory v Zakone

In addition to giving extensive details on the structure, rituals, and organization of each syndicate, the NPCs that I've been able to find that are affiliated with the syndicate have been completely fleshed out.  They have backgrounds, personal details, and stats.  The stats aren't visible to the general public, as they are considered GM information.  This may change though, if my players can prove to me that they won't metagame.  :P