NEWS

Adreneline pump... why?

• 27 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-01-10/1947:39> »
Unless you are just really burning to play out 1200 combat rounds.  
Sometimes there's just that many bad guys, I guess.   ;D

TNF. Tropical Connection. Uh... Brainscan, maybe. In short, yes. There are.
« Last Edit: <10-01-10/1949:28> by Crimsondude »

Frostriese

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <10-08-10/1002:27> »
Just pick up a drug habit.  It's safer, cheaper
Taken out of context that is kinda funny :D

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #17 on: <10-08-10/1125:14> »
Well, it was meant to be ironic ;)

Nitro: at least he isn't using an Adrenaline Pump!

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-31-10/1155:19> »
Unless you are just really burning to play out 1200 combat rounds. 
Sometimes there's just that many bad guys, I guess.   ;D

I'm still upset that one  security guard got away...

I've never been tempted to take adrenaline pump, for any character, ever.  If I'm making a street samurai, why get temporary boosts that leave me nigh-incapacitated afterwards, when I can get permanent boosts to those stats?  It really doesn't make sense for its cost and availability.  People who can afford it and acquire it have so many better options to pick.  It would make more sense if it was a lot cheaper, and got used more by kamikaze assassins and desperate street punks.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #19 on: <10-31-10/1250:39> »
Yea, I'm gonna have to agree with the general trend here and admit that I've never taken an adrenal pump for any character ever. And honestly, I can't remember the last time a player of mine did either. I think the #1 issue is that the damage is unresisted. If you were allowed a Body + Willpower roll to soak it, even if it was an unaugmented (natural stats only) soak roll, it would make the thing worth it to a limited degree. Personally though it would still be a "last choice" for ware because it's so expensive essence wise.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <10-31-10/1258:09> »
In previous editions, it would also give you bonus dice for initiative.  Since 4th edition changes how initiative is done, that quality is gone, and so it most of it's allure.  I think an alteration in its functionality would be in order, given people's strong negative reaction to it.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #21 on: <11-13-10/2112:07> »
Yeah, it seems like the Adrl Pump should give you bonus IPs.  That would make it worth it.
Maybe then it could be something that the bio-face gets and can use in those instances where everything turns to shit.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <11-14-10/0925:48> »
Have it give bonus passes when activated, but doesn't stack with other enhancements?
There is no overkill.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #23 on: <11-14-10/1304:29> »
I think it should stack it's not like you're gonna live long anyway. Maybe it gives you the bonus that is better.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <11-14-10/1519:18> »
I meant, it doesn't stack with other augmentations that grant extra IP's.  Like all the others don't stack with each other.
There is no overkill.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #25 on: <11-14-10/1928:42> »
I understand what you were saying. I was saying that if there was an IP component it should stack or overwrite if it is better than the current one. That would make it more inline with the price, make also scarier as it would make people faster and tougher. There would also be alot of hesitation to get it unless you were going for the whole crazy berserker with a death wish type character.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-15-10/0029:34> »
Given the price difference, the bad juju that comes with using this thing seems to balance it out nicely.  It would look like a cheaper, but more dangerous, alternative to wired reflexes or synaptic boosters.  (Cheaper essence for the former, cheaper cash for the latter.)
There is no overkill.

Morg

« Reply #27 on: <01-15-11/1104:09> »
The corps would probably look in to this problem if it doesn't sell change it perhaps create a combo system synthacardium (synthetic heart) + adrenal pump that would allow one to help resist the drain as a package deal. as I recall they mentioned something about cyberware packages in augmentation were the essance cost is reduced because the system is streamlined, instead have it solve the problem the corp way