NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <12-21-14/1551:23> »
One last question. Is it possible to have a pack cost bp/karma and nuyen?

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <12-21-14/1621:23> »
One last question. Is it possible to have a pack cost bp/karma and nuyen?

As in splitting the cost between Karma and Nuyen? As I understand it; it's an either/or deal.

All it really amounts to is convenience, and maybe getting around the Karma-to-Nuyen conversion limit. 
« Last Edit: <12-21-14/1624:18> by Lusis »
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <12-22-14/1546:20> »
I'd like some feedback on what I've done so far. I've added categories from run faster to packs.xml, as well as added a few things to armor.xml, gear.xml, and weapons.xml to make it easier to do some of the packs as a few items wasn't in chummer so I added them. With the way chummer is, in order to have more than 1 of the same type of weapon we have to add each one seperately. I was wondering what people thought about me adding entries for weapons that doesn't have a quantity setting (ie. Combat Knife (2), or Combat Knives (2) ) as some of the packs have more than 1 of the same type of weapon in them. Here is the work I've done so far:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwhNUS1jw2qjTUdSdFJNOWwzR1k/view?usp=sharing

I've completed the armor, core, and a few of the weapon packs. Also, any advice would greatly be appreciated as well! I was also wondering if there was a way to add notes as well as something like datasoft (the art of war, the book of five rings, the tale of the heike, and other assorted samurai writings and poetry) <-- from run faster.
« Last Edit: <12-22-14/1651:26> by Rebeldawg »

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <12-22-14/1733:12> »
I'd like some feedback on what I've done so far. I've added categories from run faster to packs.xml, as well as added a few things to armor.xml, gear.xml, and weapons.xml to make it easier to do some of the packs as a few items wasn't in chummer so I added them. With the way chummer is, in order to have more than 1 of the same type of weapon we have to add each one seperately. I was wondering what people thought about me adding entries for weapons that doesn't have a quantity setting (ie. Combat Knife (2), or Combat Knives (2) ) as some of the packs have more than 1 of the same type of weapon in them. Here is the work I've done so far:

For easy (re)distribution, I recommend doing separate custom files using the custom datafile rules. Just adding new entries to the existing files can be problematic.

I've completed the armor, core, and a few of the weapon packs. Also, any advice would greatly be appreciated as well! I was also wondering if there was a way to add notes as well as something like datasoft (the art of war, the book of five rings, the tale of the heike, and other assorted samurai writings and poetry) <-- from run faster.

There is a feature in Chummer to add notes directly to an item. Once item is added to your inventory, right click on the item, click "notes". It's a text field so put in whatever you want. Click the X to close the window and save the notes. The item should change text color to a dark red to indicate it has a note.  If you don't want those notes to save, delete them, then close the window. The item text shouldn't change color. There's an option in the menu to print those items when you print the character sheet. Tools, Options, Character and Printing tab, check "Print Notes".

Edited to add: You don't need to do this for any individual datasofts you purchase. When you buy one, Chummer throws a popup that allows you to fill in the datasoft's contents. The improvement manager page on the wiki should help with specifying in the packs. (I'm not familiar with how they work. I know I have some code in the mentor spirit and tradition conversions I did, but I can't remember exactly which ones I applied the text field entry with.

Incidentally, it (the notes feature) also allows you to manually enter rules shorthand on a per character basis. The kind of stuff Chummer avoids due to copyright and licensing issues.

-Ariketh
« Last Edit: <12-22-14/1741:46> by Ariketh »

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <12-22-14/1817:05> »
@Ariketh - Thanks for the feedback. I'll switch the additions I made over to custom files (no clue why I didn't to begin with..). As for the notes, I was hoping for a way to add notes to the datasoft so that when someone selects the pack it's in, the notes are already there so that players don't have to manually type what's on a datasoft/mapsoft/ect. each time a pack with a datasoft/mapsoft/ect. is selected.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <12-22-14/2007:04> »
@Ariketh - Thanks for the feedback. I'll switch the additions I made over to custom files (no clue why I didn't to begin with..). As for the notes, I was hoping for a way to add notes to the datasoft so that when someone selects the pack it's in, the notes are already there so that players don't have to manually type what's on a datasoft/mapsoft/ect. each time a pack with a datasoft/mapsoft/ect. is selected.

I figured after I made the initial post, which is why I edited in a reference to the improvement manager page. Different things (abilities, items, powers, etc) have slightly different xml variables for filling in the blank AND there's a variable to force a popup box to type into. I don't know items well enough to give an example.  But as an example for adept powers involving skills, there is the selectskill and selectgroup variables to manage what the user sees and has available. With one of those, instead of offering an option, you can specify a specific skill, so that Unarmed Combat shows up for a mentor spirit providing a bonus to unarmed combat without having to select it from a list (IIRC.)

-Ariketh

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <12-23-14/1943:53> »
Sorry for the delay,  Typing up the positive qualities from Run Faster took longer than expected.  It's about 700 lines just for the Positive qualities.  I've tested the ones that provide direct bonuses, they work well enough.  Some things will require coding in the base program.

One particular issue is the "Tough as Nails" quality.  which is limited to a total of 4 levels with no more than three for the physical or stun CM.  I can do the no more than 3 per track but cannot limit the total to four.

Original sharing link.  Run faster files are in the Run Faster folder.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3RhPHKkUyd7NkE0WlVEYXdaR1U&usp=sharing

Now to start on the negative qualities.

Signature file not found

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <12-23-14/2335:41> »
Does anyone know how to have a mod added to a imaging scope that is already installed on a rifle without adding a second scope with the mod on it?

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <12-23-14/2340:44> »
Does anyone know how to have a mod added to a imaging scope that is already installed on a rifle without adding a second scope with the mod on it?

You can do it.  The problem is that it won't add to the cost like it should.  Just right click on the scope and select add gear.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <12-24-14/0015:37> »
Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. In adding items to chummer through custom datafiles (not characters made with chummer) is there a way to have mods install on an item such as a scope without adding a second scope? (ie. having vision enhancement added onto an item when the item is placed in ones inventory such as a scope on a weapon.)
« Last Edit: <12-24-14/0053:03> by Rebeldawg »

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <12-24-14/0105:19> »
Not that I can see. 

I tried adding a /accessory/gears/gear element to a custom item and the item showed up to be selected but the gear was not included.  I don't think the code is looking for a pre-attached vision enhancement when it comes to accessories.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <12-24-14/1024:47> »
The only solution I could come up with to my problem was to create a custom version of the weapons with the mods installed on the scopes but change the name slightly. While it would work, it's not exactly an ideal solution to the problem. Would adding "Requires Skilljack" to software that requires a skilljack be a good idea? Is there a way to add a lifestyle in a pack? I could also use help in adding a popup menu with a list of weapon types to some ammo packs that require a type of weapon.
« Last Edit: <12-26-14/0151:52> by Rebeldawg »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <12-26-14/0946:09> »
How easy is it for someone to change Chummer to allow multiple priorities to use Sum to 10 char gen?  I have modified characters by leaving unused points (dropping and A to B for example).  It would be nice to allow the other choices though, BBBDE or ABBEE.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <12-26-14/1435:58> »
I don't think anyone's figured out how to change priorities yet.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <12-26-14/1550:49> »
Due to the nature of the system, the duplicate priority slots were something he had to hard code. It is (was?) one of the next major upgrades, IIRC.

Of course, with Adam MIA, there's no telling if/when it will be done. In his original Chummer thread, there's a link to the code I believe, so in theory someone could take up where he left off. But that's way beyond me. I can barely string enough xml together to make that play nicely with custom files.

-Ariketh