NEWS

An Archive of Adepts - Walking the Ways

• 109 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-03-12/0844:20> »
To my mind adepts are one of the most versatile archetypes in SR, potentially covering a multitude of paths and different roles on a team.  The stats presented here aren’t always ‘optimised’ but I’ve tried to go for breadth of archetypes to perhaps inspire other builds and they should all be capable of functioning successfully on a team.  Any thoughts or comments are very welcome!

The adepts here don’t necessarily have the ‘Way’ that they have been listed under but I’ve grouped them under the category that seems to best fit their mindset.  I started this project in SR4 so some of the adepts have evolved through the editions, and some like Silk have undergone radical transformations as my SR stories have unfolded.

SR6

Artisan’s Way   
<<Silk>> Changeling Infiltrator turned Infobroker [Σ10+Karma]   

Artist's Way
<<Aria>> Changeling Mysad   [Σ10]

Athlete’s Way
<<Warp>> aka Kit, Elven Courier and Wheelman [Σ10]

Beast's Way   

Burnout's Way   
<<Black Steel>> Elf Rifleman [Σ10]

Invisible Way   
<<Linnet>> Troll Invisible Adept    [Σ10]
<<Weft>> aka Kat, Elven Courier and Cat Burglar [Σ10]

Magician’s Way
<<Hunter>> Changeling Druid Summoner & Mysad [Σ10]   

Speaker's Way   
<<Singer>> Orc Former Rocker [Σ10]

Spiritual Way
<<GeoLoc>> Welsh Giant Wilderness Scout   [Σ10]

Warrior's Way   
<<Flicker>> Changeling Fighter   [Σ10]
<<Switch>> Orc Telekinetic Mysad [Σ10]

SR5

Artisan’s Way
<<Silk>> Changeling Infiltrator turned Infobroker [Σ10+Karma]
<<Song>> Human AR Hacker Adept    [Σ10]
<<Hazard>> Orc Wheelman   [Σ10]
<<Weaver>> Dwarf VR Matrix Adept    [Σ10]
<<Jackdaw>> Pixie Hacker [Σ10]

Artist's Way
<<Festivale>> Human Phoenix Mysad, Singer and Face   [Σ10]
<<Midnight>> Cat Changeling Performer    [Σ10]
<<Cobweb>> Human Dancer & Socialite    [Σ10]

Athlete’s Way
<<Spite>> Human Dancer Adept   [Σ10]
<<Scratch>> Human Free Runner    [Σ10]
<<Kit>> Elf Parkour Adept    [Σ10]
<<Corsair>> Orc Dancer    [Σ10]
<<Leaf>> Human Hover Boarder   [Σ10]
<<Cotton>> Human Treasure Hunter    [Σ14P]

Beast's Way
<<Feral>> Human Wolf Adept [1000K]
<<He-Who-Sees-Within>> Human Snake Shaman, healer    [Σ10]

Burnout's Way
<<Watcher>> Human Anthropologist turned Infiltrator [Σ10]
<<Renaissance>> Human Transhumanist    [Σ14P]

Invisible Way
<<Kat>> Elven Cat Burglar    [Σ10]
<<Cypher>> Human Many Faces    [Σ10]
<<Opium>> Changeling Fairy Rigger/Infiltrator    [Σ14P]

Magician’s Way
<<Spriggan>> Changeling Mysad [Σ10]
<<Switch>> Telekinetic Mysad    [Σ10]
<<Random>> Elf Blind Spellmaster Mysad    [Σ10]
<<Satire>> Dryad Harlequin Mime    [Σ10P]
<<Bale>> Human Surveillance Mage    [Σ14P]
<<Blossom>> Gnome Anti-mage [Σ14P]

Speaker's Way
<<Lace>> Human Voice - Pattern Adept    [1000K]
<<Silkie>> Human Social adept [Σ6]
<<Ethereal>> Dryad Warder [Σ10 Prime]

Spiritual Way
<<Serenity>> Free Drake Summoner [800K]

Warrior's Way
<<Stormcrow>> Human Jedi Wannabee [Σ10]
<<Stormsurge>> Orc Elemental Adept    [Σ10]
<<Velvet>> Vampire Elementalist    [Σ14P]

Anarchy
<<Cam>> Ghoul Swordmaster
<<Briar>> Human Matrix Adept
<<Linnet>> Troll Invisible Adept
<<Hellion>> Human Monster Fighter

Other people's SR5 adepts
<<Alok>> Cyber-Dave's Elven archer
<<Prism>> Dinendae's Troll hacker
<<Derren Smith>> Csjarret's Human combat adept
<<Mikal>> 8-bit's Dwarf Beast Way adept
<<Muscle>> 8-bit's Troll Burnout Way adept [high life build]
<<Sharktooth>> Shrazkil's Dwarf Chaos mysad
<<Jack>> Human Spiritual Way adept
<<Hawatari>> Wyrm Ouroboros' Legendary adept
<<Crash>> Kuirem's Troll Biker Adept

SR4

Artisan’s Way
•   <<Silk>> Changeling augmented Pattern adept & infiltrator with a smattering of matrix skills.  400BPs with 50+ karma
•   <<Angelus>>Human VR Hacker. 400BPs
•   <<Key>>Human AR Hacker & infiltrator.  400BPs
•   <<Pixel>> Xarin's Pixie drone rigger and inspiration for Opium below.  400BPs+ karma
•   <<Jackrabbit>> SwampFox's wheelman/smuggler.  400BPs+ significant karma

Artist's Way
•   <<Toymaker>> Troll Enchanter and tech tinkerer. 400BPs concept character
•   <<Brand>> Human dancer, master of disguise and part time terrorist.  400BPs

Athlete’s Way
•   <<Rush>> Human dancer and acrobat.  Gymnastics feats coupled with Face skills.  400BPs
•   <<Scratch>> Human free-runner, gang runner & courier.  Focused on gymnastic feats.  Written for a low power game.  400BPs
•   <<Kit & Kat>> Elven couriers and info dealers. Twin concept characters.  400BPs

Invisible Way
•   <<Opium>> Pixie rigger who interacts with the world solely through her drones.  400BPs + karma
•   <<Cinnamon>> Drake Infiltrator. 400BPs
•   <<Mouse>> Human pickpocket. Written for a low power game.  400BPs
•   <<Rattrap>> SwampFox's Human Infiltrator.  400BPs + significant karma

Magician’s Way
•   <<Bale>> Human augmented combat and surveillance mage.  400BPs + karma
•   <<Mirror>> Human null mage.  400BPs
•   <<Maus>> _Pax_'s mystic adept, face abilities and flashy magic. 400BPs for a low powered game.
•   Transhuman Mystic UmaroVI’s Dwarf cybered mystic adept focused on magically-enhanced physical combat and B&E.  400BPs

Speaker's Way
•   <<Velvet>> Vampire, anti-vampire campaigner.  Focused on social and unarmed skills.  400BPs
•   <<Picasso>>  Elven unaugmented face with disguise skills.  400BPs
•   Negotiator UmaroVI’s Elf cybered adept with a mix of social and physical combat skills. 400BPs

Totem's Way
•   <<Relic>> Orc archer, neo-primitive & eco terrorist using archery and survival skills.  400BPs
•   <<Nightstalker>> Makki's Shinto adept face.  400BPs

Warrior's Way
•   <<Switch>> Human mystic adept, telekenetic.  Focused on knife fighting and secondary social skills.  400BPs
•   <<Hellion>> Human augmented adept (inspired by X-23), former Ordo Maximus enforcer, magical spurs with secondary infiltrator skills. 400BPs
•   <<Domino>> Elven augmented blade master, former Paladin in training.  Blades and secondary social skills.  400BPs
•   <<Fade>> Elven ascetic.  Unarmed and secondary social skills.  400BPs
•   <<Tenchi>> SwampFox's Harumen gun bunny.  400BPs+ significant karma
•   Former Neoprimitive UmaroVI’s troll augmented adept who uses archaic throwing weapons to great effect. 400BPs
•   Gunslinger UmaroVI’s human augmented adept focused on mastery of pistols.  400BPs
•   Martial Artist UmaroVI’s troll augmented adept focused on melee combat and social skills. 400BPs

Burnout's Way
•   <<Escapade>> Human augmented adept, face with secondary infiltrator skills. 400BPs[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-17-21/1104:41> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-04-12/0850:30> »
I'd like to suggest that all the augmented ones be moved into the 'Burnouts' list whether they have that Way mechanically chosen or not, as that is where they are headed.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-04-12/0905:19> »
I'd like to suggest that all the augmented ones be moved into the 'Burnouts' list whether they have that Way mechanically chosen or not, as that is where they are headed.

That's a heck of an assumption to make.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-04-12/0916:17> »
I always choose my 0.99 essence points wisely and plan ahead.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-04-12/0921:00> »
Check the second link in my sig for two new adepts (this time with actual ways), the Qi Master and the Bio-rigger. ;D

shrike

• Chummer
  • The rep is dead. Long live the rep.
« Reply #5 on: <04-04-12/1232:07> »

Wow...
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-04-12/1235:18> »
Not sure I agree with that either...bioware is so prevelant and relatively essence friendly that a large number of adepts might seek a cheap boost to their powers.  I see Burnout as a much more extreme route.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #7 on: <04-04-12/1857:50> »
Not sure I agree with that either...bioware is so prevelant and relatively essence friendly that a large number of adepts might seek a cheap boost to their powers.  I see Burnout as a much more extreme route.

Exactly. Muscle Toner 4 + Muscle Enhancement 4 = 0.80 Essence at Standard Grade. +8 stat points for losing 1 Magic (therefore 1 PP), vs paying many times that for 8 points of IPA mostly over the natural limit. Only a diehard purist wouldn't take that deal.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-04-12/1942:02> »
Not to quibble, but standard grade Muscle Toner 4 and Muscle Augmentation 4 would be 0.80 Essence each, not together. But, yes, that opens up the possibility of +5 stat points for losing 1 point of Magic, which is far less expensive than what those improvements would cost in power points.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #9 on: <04-04-12/2121:13> »
Not to quibble, but standard grade Muscle Toner 4 and Muscle Augmentation 4 would be 0.80 Essence each, not together. But, yes, that opens up the possibility of +5 stat points for losing 1 point of Magic, which is far less expensive than what those improvements would cost in power points.

*facepalm* You are indeed correct. Up until WotA hit I always took Type O System for my Adept builds, so I'm used to thinking in those terms.

Still, even 2 points of Magic for the full +8 is a pretty good deal. For 2 Essence you can, if you take it all as Alphaware, also squeeze in a Suprathyroid Gland. That brings it to +5 Agility, +5 Strength, +1 Reaction, +1 Body (and possibly maxed out IP boost) for the cost of 2 Magic.

Depending on how your GM rules on the subject, Type O System might also let you slip Synaptic Booster 3 into that package. I say it's up to the GM because, due to Standard and Basic being used differently in Augmentation than in SR4A, there's some ambiguity over whether Type O System covers Cultured Bioware. My GM says it does, and I agree, if only because that's the only way it's even close to being worth 30 BP.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #10 on: <04-04-12/2357:40> »
I politely disagree, and just as politely suggest that if you really need to start up that argument again, you could do it in another thread instead of cluttering up this one.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-11-12/1242:14> »
Added Picasso in the Speaker's Way and Switch in the Warriors Way - enjoy!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-09-12/0756:02> »
Fade, warrior adept added...I've also posted a second thread for any comments on him because he needs some work  ::)

EDIT: With Xarin's permission I've posted up Pixel, the inspiration for Opium, Pixie artisan adept
« Last Edit: <05-10-12/0751:54> by Aria »

SwampFox

• Newb
  • This city is my Swamp, just try and dig me out.
« Reply #13 on: <05-10-12/2144:45> »
I'd like to offer up my wheelman/Smuggler Jackrabbit for the list, though I'm not sure what Way he would fall under, as well as Rattrap for the Silent Way, and Tenchi my Haruman Combat Monster for the Warrior's Way.  All at 400 BP+Karma.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <05-11-12/0808:44> »
I'd like to offer up my wheelman/Smuggler Jackrabbit for the list, though I'm not sure what Way he would fall under, as well as Rattrap for the Silent Way, and Tenchi my Haruman Combat Monster for the Warrior's Way.  All at 400 BP+Karma.
Added for you :)  Is that The Dodger on Jackrabbit's contact list?