NEWS

Panther - Physical Adept Missions build Non Lolsy.

• 14 Replies

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« on: <08-15-20/2210:44> »
Panther  -- as in she hits like a Panther Cannon.

Metatype   B   Cyclops 11
Attributes   A   24 Points
Skills   E   10 Points
Magic   D   1 PP Adept
Resources   C   150,000

Attributes
S   3
A   5(9)
R   5 ( 8 )
B   7
I   5
L   3
C   4
W   3
Edge 4
Magic 4
Essence 4
Nuyen 1643

Qualities

Built Tough 4
Phobia Snakes
Incompetent Firearms
Impaired Logic
Mentor Spirit Thunderbird
Honor bound Pirate Code
Cyclops
Cyclopean Eye
Thermographic vision

Skills

Close Combat (Unarmed)    6
Influence                            1
Athletics (Archery)            4
Stealth (Sneak)             1
Con                                    1
Perception                            1
Engineering (Lockpicking)    1

Knowledge Skills
K Pop
Clubs and Bars
Metahuman Activist Organizations
Metahuman History
Seattle Politics

Martial Arts
Sangre y Acero
Kick Attack
Flying Kick

Adept Powers
Increased Reflexes 3
Killing Hands
Wall Running
Critical Strike 1 (Thunderbird)

Augment                Rating
Used Muscle Toner            4
Alpha Platelet factory            1
Alpha Bone aug                    4

Contacts

Miles, Renton City Council member 4/4
Chad, Metahuman Rights Organizer 4/4
Kay, Smuggler 4/4

Gear

Fake SIN 3
Nissan Jackrabit
Ace of Cups Longcoat
Programmable Camo (2), Gear Access
1 month Low Life
Rating 3 License: Drivers, Adept, Foci, Crossbow
Metalink
Trodes

Contacts
Smartlink
Image link

Steel Falcon Crossbow
Injector bolts 4
Narcoject 4 does

Character Background
Panther is an absolutely adorkable little Cyclops at a little short of 8 feet tall and 635 lbs.  She is a young, sinless, political activist that fell into Shadowrunning by accident just a few months ago.  She was part of a "Direct Action" team that happened to bring in an "Outside Consultant".  A little B&E, a little scuffle, and Panther showed some promise.  The Shadowrunner they hired made an introduction to a fixer, and Panther has been picking up jobs since.   

Notes:
Under the hood this is almost the exact same build as Smoke.  But without the Stolen Gear quality Panther is 14 skill points behind which shows up in the secondary dice pools.  Panther is what I consider a good build, but would be better with Stolen Gear cheese.  Backstory needs some more meat on its bones.  Family and such.  But geeky metahuman rights activist is a nice hook and sells the basic character idea real well. 
« Last Edit: <08-16-20/0958:30> by Hobbes »

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-15-20/2238:16> »
You may say its non lolsy but the image of a cyclops doing a flying kick made me laugh. I like it, pretty standard unarmed adept build given how effective bio/adepts are.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-16-20/1017:25> »
A 6 Essence Adept would have 2 more Power Points, so that's +2 Agility.  And then would have 10 more Skill points from shuffling priorities around.  And I'd probably go with a Weapon using Adept, pick up a Weapon Foci down the road instead of Killing Hands for another .5 PP and less Martial Arts. 

The E Resources and no Stolen Gear Adept winds up with a more robust secondary at the cost of the 'ware.  Overall the 'ware is a better deal, but it's not an overwhelming difference.  I'll put up a comparison in a bit.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <06-25-21/1227:10> »
Would you make any updates to this build now that Street Wyrd is out or any updates based on game play experience?
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-25-21/1440:45> »
I also had the same question.

I was also wondering about Edge use for Close Combatants. Do you rinse-and-repeat Knockout Blow for 2 Edge or is that redundant when you're doing 8+ DV with flying kicks?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-25-21/1519:05> »
For a Burn Out adept, the Way of the Burn out would be a high priority.  Probably would grab that with the first initiation.  Reduce Edge costs by 1 three times per scene for 11 Karma or so?  Easy pick.  But really Combat is a solved problem out of the gate for this build, there really isn't much need for more dice/dv/whatever so the character is free to pursue whatever secondary they'd like. 

I'd probably pick up Increase Mental Attribute as the second Initiation power for whichever attribute I'm using the most frequently to trigger the Edge reduction from Way of the Burn out. 

The only changes I'd suggest is if someone wants a different Metatype or stronger secondary or has some playstyle tweaks they'd want to make.

And yes, 8 DV kicks means KO Blow is often redundant. But if you're going up against something with a lot of boxes, KO Blow would probably be the way to go.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <06-26-21/0120:02> »
Thanks!
#thistasergoesto11

ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <02-04-23/0908:13> »
In Sixth World Companion Cyclopean Eye loses "gain an Edge on all actions within Close range." It is just a negative quality now. :(
#thistasergoesto11

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-06-23/1033:26> »
Sixth world also adds the option to use Str for your Close Combat skill.  If your table is using that rule this build would want to really shuffle things around and probably be a weapon user as well. 

Getting a high AR/DR for edge generation is still doable though, and this character pretty rapidly improves in a few runs with a couple more Martial Arts and Qi Foci.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <02-06-23/1042:33> »
Forgot about the rule for using STR for Close Combat.  Should have read the Companion section of the SRM FAQ before making my character. :D  Still, I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with.  I went Koborokuru instead of Cyclops - the thought a of a 3-4' tall person dropping people in one kick was too amusing in my head.

Thanks again for your builds.  They're a great source of inspiration.
#thistasergoesto11

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-06-23/1137:17> »
I've got a gnome physad face theorycrafted build that uses and abuses Edge and Knock out blow. 

No burn out, just didn't need it.  DV was 'only' 6, but with KO blow and a decent dice pool it still would still one shot most Missions opponents.  Which is fine for a Face character IMO who's primary function is to be a living MToc.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <02-06-23/1147:23> »
lol...that sounds fun.  No one expects the face to drop someone like that.

#thistasergoesto11

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <02-08-23/0102:18> »
There's the additional advantage that the Face appears unarmed. This can be valuable during tense situations where it's important to seem non-threatening even though you are, in fact, a significant threat.

"Never disarmed" is a great card to have up your sleeve and one of my favorite reasons to play unarmed combatants.

Anyway, I'd be interested in seeing the face physad build when it's ready, Hobbes.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-08-23/0936:46> »
It's not a terribly useful build unless you've got pocket buff bots.  It's part of a six gnome team called The Lawnless, which includes two mages that buff all the attributes and initiatives. 

A Attributes, B Skills, C Meta (gnome),D Magic, E Resources

Qualities Team Player and Inspire Competence on the face and the TM are the engine.  Face does the initial negotiation then generally stays in the car with the limp noodle TM and Astral Mage and shuffles Edge and buffs around to the three gnomes doing the infiltration.  With double Edge generation and high starting Edge on each gnome pretty much every roll is pre-Edged.  'tis an incredibly Meta set up and very silly.  If my play group ever gets our sh*t together for GenCon or Origins we'll take the team for a whirl. 

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <02-09-23/0910:39> »
I hope your group can get your sh!t together for Origins.  That group of characters would be fun to see in play and hear the exploits about all their shenanigans. :)
#thistasergoesto11