NEWS

[6E] Excel Character Generator

• 169 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-05-19/0750:04> »
Few more tweaks to the file, I've tried to make the priority table a bit more obvious... let me know if that helps!  Link in the first post still the same

A
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Arky

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-05-19/0900:06> »
I went ahead and joined the forum to make communication easier, as emails can get a little bogged down after a while. This will be easier on Aria, but more of a pain on me because of the anti spam with (I'm assuming) new accounts. Lol~

There's a typo on the contacts tab, A-4. hse, instead of use.
Adept tab, A-4. Mysad?
« Last Edit: <09-05-19/0912:49> by Arky »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <09-05-19/0913:35> »
After a few posts it goes away. Unless you're AI.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Arky

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <09-05-19/1006:39> »
After a few posts it goes away. Unless you're AI.

I thought as much, good to know. Other than the things I emailed, the only things I've noticed since are a few typo's, but that's it. I will have more time to play with it today once I'm home from Lexington.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-05-19/1048:27> »
The hse was actually an abbreviated version of house... as in house rule, will make it clearer next time round! In fact I might put it on the first tab with a series of other house rules that can be switched on or off!!

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-05-19/1157:36> »
I really appreciate your work on this.

Just to be clear, the link on the first page always links to the most recent version, right?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-05-19/1239:35> »
It should do for all of 6.01 until I issue the 'final' version... I tend to add a new link when I issue version .02 but that is likely to be when there's a significant errata release or a new book to add in that didn't make it in to 6.01

EDIT: I try and keep the opening post updated with any new links and I've amended my sig now with the link too so should always be easy enough to find
« Last Edit: <09-05-19/1245:52> by Aria »

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-05-19/1246:38> »
It should do for all of 6.01 until I issue the 'final' version... I tend to add a new link when I issue version .02 but that is likely to be when there's a significant errata release or a new book to add in that didn't make it in to 6.01
That's good.

Possible errata: I can't find Rigger Command Consoles (table pg 197).

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-05-19/1313:29> »
Oops! They aren’t in the equipment section so I missed them, will get them on tomorrow!

Arky

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <09-05-19/2006:06> »
The hse was actually an abbreviated version of house... as in house rule, will make it clearer next time round! In fact I might put it on the first tab with a series of other house rules that can be switched on or off!!

Showing my newb here. :> RIP me. I apologize as I was unaware, 5E was my first Tabletop as a GM. ^^; I'm still not completely up to speed on all the slang.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-06-19/0803:38> »
Not to worry!  Don't think it's 'proper' slang... anyway, I've moved it to the first tab under House Rules... will try and add in ones here that repeatedly come up, provided they affect character generation.  Any suggestions welcome!

Couple I'm considering...

Let adepts get magic points (and therefore power points)  from Adjustment points (this one seems to go directly against RAW but I can see some people wanting it as a yes/no option).  Personally as someone who has made many many adepts over the years I think it's refreshing that they don't all start with 6 power points out of the gate but I know that's not shared by all  ??? ::)

Contacts connection rating can be up to Cha +2 rather than Cha, don't see why a low cha person couldn't get to know someone up the food chain, sure cap loyalty but why connection?

Oh, and link has been updated again with Rigger Control Decks :P

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-06-19/0844:23> »
Not to worry!  Don't think it's 'proper' slang... anyway, I've moved it to the first tab under House Rules... will try and add in ones here that repeatedly come up, provided they affect character generation.  Any suggestions welcome!

Couple I'm considering...

Let adepts get magic points (and therefore power points)  from Adjustment points (this one seems to go directly against RAW but I can see some people wanting it as a yes/no option).  Personally as someone who has made many many adepts over the years I think it's refreshing that they don't all start with 6 power points out of the gate but I know that's not shared by all  ??? ::)

Contacts connection rating can be up to Cha +2 rather than Cha, don't see why a low cha person couldn't get to know someone up the food chain, sure cap loyalty but why connection?

Oh, and link has been updated again with Rigger Control Decks :P

I've pretty much been doing that PhysAdept HouseRule by overriding the formula and just setting PowerPoints to = Magic

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-06-19/1233:09> »
Yet another version on the link, this time with some refinements to the contacts section and a few more 'PACKS' added to the Equip summary tab

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-06-19/1303:53> »
I think some more rigger related stuff is missing from the equipment lists, as with RCC probably because it is not in the gear chapter...

Vehicle Control Rigs - pg 197

Drone related autosofts - pg 201

There may be more, I'm working my way through trying to create a rigger in the spreadsheet.
Actually, on reflection I can't for the life of me find the cost of VCRs in the rulebook or the errata.  So I have no idea how much they should cost.

EDIT: doh!  Now I see it.  It just doesn't have the word "vehicle" associated with it on page 284.  I was searching for "vehicle control", which seemed reasonable.   And I also just found "Autosoft" in the Electronics tab of the spreadsheet, but the way it is currently set up it doesn't really work for Rigger characters, because a Rigger character will need multiple autosofts.  I guess you could just put in the sum of all ratings of all Autosofts needed?  Mathematically that would work, but it is not the descriptive.

EDIT2: removed the post I quoted above, because it was not helpful.
« Last Edit: <09-06-19/1311:04> by skalchemist »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <09-06-19/1416:42> »
Quite happy to have multiple autosoft slots... the row can also be copy pasted and it will still calculate in the total