NEWS

Question: Getting on to a Board of Directors

• 3 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« on: <10-31-14/1153:12> »
So I'm doing some brainstorming for a prime runner shadowrun I'm going to GM which is part of a campaign and I have an NPC who wants to hire the team to get him onto the Board of Directors for MCT.  He's already risen the ranks up to head of Thaumaturgical Research for MCT (thanks to the runners) and now he wants to make a power play to get on to the board.  Can I get some of your thoughts on fun ideas for how to get him on the board.  Basically, how generally would you guys handle getting onto a board of directors in order to make it accessible to the prime runners but have enough detail to make them feel the gravitas of it. 
Thanks!

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-01-14/1815:10> »
A slot for him to get on to the board would only happen by a vote of the shareholders. This is done from a group of listed candidates and really only the votes of those with large percentages of the shares matter. So the NPC would have to get someone who is already there to sponsor him/her. This could be the first phase of the arc. Making it where the NPC becomes the darling of a board member who will sponsor them into the inner circle. Maybe the NPC is already there if they have risen to head of research for the company.

Next they would either wait for a vote or make an opening. The second has a lot more potential for shadowruns. This could be in the form of disgracing one or more existing members of the board or as direct as killing one outright.

Finally they would need to get enough votes to get elected onto the board. This could present runs to blackmail or coerce other board members into voting for the NPC or finding a way to rig the election.

Hope this helps.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-01-14/1934:22> »
There's a fixer in Street Legends, Tess Van Hama, who does a lot of work for MCT and "may" have connections to the people with the amount of shareholder juice who can make that happen. Use her to have the runners do whatever's necessary to convince Taiga to elect this person to the board.

Otherwise, you can always try convincing the Four Oyabuns to vote their shares for him.

Or Ryumyo ...

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-06-14/1019:13> »
Great tips!! Thanks!