NEWS

SR5 MARK Question.

• 3 Replies

Hanzo

• Newb
« on: <09-10-20/0844:06> »
Good day everyone!

Please correct me if I'm mistaken but it's not clearly specified, that I need any test to find a mark/marks on my devices. Do I understand correct that I need only 1 Success on Matrix Perception Test to spot a mark? Or is that any Opposed Test with the mark's owner?

Are there any Hidden marks or Marks with Running Silent capabilities? So I need to search for them with the Opposed Test? And what's the threshold for this thing?
« Last Edit: <09-10-20/0905:37> by Hanzo »

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-10-20/0924:32> »
Asking about the presence of marks/new marks since last time I looked are things you can ask about on a Matrix Perception test on your own icons.

So Yes... if that's the one thing you ask, it only takes 1 hit.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Hanzo

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-10-20/0929:59> »
Thanks a lot!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-10-20/1428:40> »
SR5 p. 219-220 Matrix Authentication Recognition Keys
Normally, marks are invisible to anyone except the person who placed them. To see other marks on an icon (or your own icon), you have to analyze it. Seeing a mark does not automatically tell you who put it there, though. Usually, you can only recognize a mark if you have already seen the persona responsible for the mark, or if you’re familiar with his or her marking style.