In Soviet Russia, spam sends you!
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <11-20-10/1909:18> »
In Soviet Russia, spam sends you!
Uh man, are we going that road... LOL!
Greetings from the Netherlands, comrade!

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <12-10-10/1358:31> »
While I would like to thank the community for being on top of our...spam...problem. I would also like to encourage people to be careful about clicking the report button, sometimes we get a new user that just says hi and it is just that and not spam.  ;D
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <12-10-10/1406:31> »
While I would like to thank the community for being on top of our...spam...problem. I would also like to encourage people to be careful about clicking the report button, sometimes we get a new user that just says hi and it is just that and not spam.  ;D

You mean f.E. the "ItsyBitsyTeenyWeeny"  User?
I smell Spam there

he who dances in Spam
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <12-10-10/1414:23> »
And if you want to brighten a Mod's day, do as I do, say something nice in your report message :)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #20 on: <12-10-10/1510:40> »
And if you want to brighten a Mod's day, do as I do, say something nice in your report message :)

Such messages are generally noticed and appreciated!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <12-10-10/1522:52> »

Such messages are generally noticed and appreciated!

Jason H.
Just don't post a YouTube video of Monty Python's Spam song... At least not every time. ;D

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #22 on: <12-16-10/0948:54> »
would you rather have a Ranma1/2 AMV to "Lovely bunch of coconuts" fastjack?
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #23 on: <12-16-10/0958:21> »
would you rather have a Ranma1/2 AMV to "Lovely bunch of coconuts" fastjack?
Heh... Actually I was sending the YouTube of the Spam skit. But if you're talking personal preferences... ;)

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #24 on: <01-17-11/0219:41> »
As has been pointed out elsewhere, ReCaptcha has been cracked, which is why many message boards have been inundated with spam in the last month.

I would suggest again that some other means of user account validation be used, seeing as we keep getting the spam in waves. Literally every time I visit the page, the "latest member" is clearly a spam account, being a long assemblage of random letters for a name.

-k

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #25 on: <01-17-11/0757:58> »
There should be an e-mail confirmation. We have that on our private gaming board, and it works. Though we work on latest phpBB.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #26 on: <01-19-11/2026:42> »
THIS is ironic enough for you to put some filters on?
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #27 on: <01-19-11/2029:03> »
Well, we have an email confirmation in place already.  Problem is, Spambots get smarter and smarter.  We're talking about putting manual confirmation in place (i.e., the mods have to individually approve accounts, which will suck for anyone who actually wants to just register and get going, but...  It would let us block the obvious spambots.  And since they're usually "fire and forget" accounts, by the time we approve, they'll have moved on even if we accidentally approve a spam account.