NEWS

Tell me about: Why Corp SINs are "worse" than Criminal SINs

• 17 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-23-18/0703:48> »
To each their own I feel if you enforce that your killing a lot of creative potential and quite possibly fun for the players. Rules should be there to encourage people to be creative and come up with a group reality that's enjoyable for all concerned as opposed to the GM telling you how to play your character and you just being there to tell their story not your own.

There's plenty of other fluff/rules that cause more problems than they help and that's just on unclear/differing interpretations not someone saying "the book say's X therefore we can only do X and if you want to vary from that it's bad wrong fun." I can off the top of my head come up with half a dozen interesting variations of a corp SIN character that has it as a viable 25 point drawback without obeying any of that text but all those ideas are just tossed out the window because that's not how the drawback is to be played going by the posts here.

I could go on but that's not the point of this thread so this is the last I'll say on this subject here.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-23-18/0748:15> »
Question was why corp sins are worse than crim sins (since rule-wise the crim sin is worse than limited corp sin which is worse than full corp sin).

The answer to the question (which i gave in my first reply) is that it is up to the GM to role play them.

They basically become free karma at tables where the GM doesn't play them out (which is also fine... not like 25 karma will not make or break a character anyway).

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-23-18/0820:49> »
That I agree with (and its why I'm dropping the other part of the discussion). That's actually the case for a lot of shadowrun qualities I've noticed. Both good and bad the actual cost seems to be fairly random and its up to the GM make them worth the points.

I mean look at the spirit hunter mastery quality it requires 4 points in astral combat a specialization (I think) in spirits and 20 points of karma to suppress their abilities for 2 combat turns if you successfully use the banishing skill (more points) or damage it with the killing hands (more points) ability. Then there's the prime data haven quality or commone sense quality. That last one requires the GM to warn you if your doing something foolish a number of times equal to your edge. Don't even get me started on the rank quality I'm not even sure if that's positive, negative or something else.

Anyway all other discussions aside as Xenon said what makes it worth 25 points (or not) is the GM playing it and that again varies per group.