Spellcasting 6 (+2 Detection) [+2 Detection; Mentor Spirit]

-- Skill Groups --
None

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
English N
TBD

-- Racial Powers/Weaknesses --
Hawk Eyed
Natural Weapon - Bite (DV [STR + 2]P, AP -1, Reach -1)
Natural Weapon - Talons (DV [STR]P, AP -)
Shift (Human)
Movement (x1/x2/0.5 meters; x2/x6/+2 meters flight)

-- Magic --
Sioux Tradition - Resist Drain with Willpower (5) + Intuition (7)

Clout
Lightning Bolt
Astral Clairvoyance
Detect Enemies, Extended
Detect Life, Extended
Mindnet, Extended
Spatial Sense, Extended
Heal
Improved Invisibility
Silence
Mana Barrier

-- Adept Powers --
Improved Reflexes 3
Combat Sense 1
Magic Sense
Motion Sense

-- Gear --
Force 4 Qi Focus (Astral Perception) - 12,000 nuyen
Armante Suit w/ Electrochromic Clothing, Nonconductivity 4 - 4,000 nuyen
Rating 6 Medkit - 1,500 nuyen
Medkit Supplies - 100 nuyen
Renraku Sensei Commlink - 1,000 nuyen
Micro-transceiver - 100 nuyen
AR Gloves - 150 nuyen
Trodes - 70 nuyen
100 drams of Reagents - 2,000 nuyen
Gas Mask - 200 nuyen
Survival Kit - 200 nuyen
Capacity 3 Contacts w/ Image Link, Vision Enhancement 2 - 1,625 nuyen
2 Silver, 2 Standard Credsticks - 50 nuyen
Rating 4 Fake SIN w/ Rating 4 Fake License (Qi Focus), Rating 4 Fake License (Registered Mystic Adept) - 11,600 nuyen
1 Month of Low Lifestyle - 2,000 nuyen

Remaining Money - 5 + (3d6 x 60)

-- Contacts --
TBD

Thoughts? Comments?
« Last Edit: <01-22-15/1135:23> by 8-bit »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-21-15/1632:57> »
Fast!
Surprised you don't have any agility boosts though for more movement.

I like the solo survivablility withe heal and the medkit.  I've only breifly read the shifter section of RF, what happens to your gear when you're in bird form?

Also, thoughts on a bird having a snake for a mentor, and especially a hunting bird?  Snakes are usually their food, not their mentors.  Would want to know more of the background on that, how it came to be.  I see the value in the role of scout, getting lots of bonuses to detection magics.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #2 on: <01-21-15/1639:10> »
Could have been faster, but it's damn near impossible to fit this all into a Karma build.

I cannot carry any gear (which is why it's minimal) while in bird form. I can, however, fly to the skies and retreat to a little alcove, if I wanted. So, yeah, I like that part a lot.

I generally just list the Mentor Spirit's normal name so that it's easier to look up for people. I would probably be Curiousity (an alias for the same Mentor Spirit). Although, that would be pretty interesting to come up with fluff on an actual Snake Mentor Spirit.

I was actually surprised at how few Detection spells I liked. I do love the idea of a walking (or flying) detector who can serve as a really good scout.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-21-15/1648:02> »
Looks pretty damn fun. I'm surprised about your mentor spirit too though. nevermind! I'd pick Levitate spell for a human form because it is not always convenient to turn to a falcon and fly away leaving behind all your possessions. Maybe you should also buy a flying drone to carry your stuff when you need to fly somewhere. Dunno.
A firearm would be handy too. Even if you don't know how to fire it you can still point it at someone.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-21-15/1651:37> »
I really dig the concept.  Still not a huge fan of buy-point.  I haven't gotten a char I like out of it yet :(  Obviously I need to spend more time there!  Also, I'd grab perception specializtion 'Visual' for him.  You've only 11 points left for knowledge/contacts, but I'd think you could give up a point of etiquette for that?  Dunno, as I said, I'm no good at buy-point :(

8-bit

« Reply #5 on: <01-21-15/1705:16> »
Looks pretty damn fun. I'm surprised about your mentor spirit too though. nevermind! I'd pick Levitate spell for a human form because it is not always convenient to turn to a falcon and fly away leaving behind all your possessions. Maybe you should also buy a flying drone to carry your stuff when you need to fly somewhere. Dunno.
A firearm would be handy too. Even if you don't know how to fire it you can still point it at someone.

Levitate could be useful, it's true. I don't know though; I'm already limited to only 10 spells and can fly, if necessary. If I can ditch my gear somewhere then Shift, I can come back later, if need be.

A flying drone might be all right, I have no idea how to afford it though. Seems like something that I could pick up later.

A firearm is a good idea. I can just imagine pointing it at someone, and Lightning shoots out of it. Although, I cannot shoot it well and I would probably have to leave it most of the time.

I really dig the concept.  Still not a huge fan of buy-point.  I haven't gotten a char I like out of it yet :(  Obviously I need to spend more time there!  Also, I'd grab perception specializtion 'Visual' for him.  You've only 11 points left for knowledge/contacts, but I'd think you could give up a point of etiquette for that?  Dunno, as I said, I'm no good at buy-point :(

The biggest thing I dislike about Point Buy is that you have to restrict yourself on Attributes and Skills. I'm used to maxed out skills with specializations from Priorities, and going as Karma Efficient as possible on Attributes. The thing is, there is no such Karma Efficiency in Point Buy. Sometimes, you just have to drop stuff.

Visual Specialization sounds good; as does dropping Etiquette to 3. That would actually give me an extra point of Karma. Thanks!

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-21-15/1747:58> »
Visual Specialization sounds good; as does dropping Etiquette to 3. That would actually give me an extra point of Karma. Thanks!

Heh, just another set of eyes.  You and WhiskeyJack have taught me more about chargen than the books ever did!

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-21-15/1753:30> »
Body 1 is going to kill you.
Playability > verisimilitude.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <01-21-15/1803:29> »
Maybe I just didn't spot it, but I couldn't see anything in the rules forbidding augments for shapeshifters. Seems to me that maybe getting the commlink as an implant would make communicating with the rest of a team more effective.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-21-15/1807:40> »
Maybe I just didn't spot it, but I couldn't see anything in the rules forbidding augments for shapeshifters. Seems to me that maybe getting the commlink as an implant would make communicating with the rest of a team more effective.
Losing Magic just for that is a pretty good disincentive.

8-bit

« Reply #10 on: <01-21-15/1808:21> »
Body 1 is going to kill you.

And what would you have me do? I can get Body 3, which isn't going to do much when I'm not wearing any armor as a Falcon. I'm not planning to spend most of my time in Human Form.

Nothing that prevents them from getting aumentations, but if you lose all your Magic you are permanently an Animal, and I'm a Mystic Adept. It's bad enough taking unnecessary augmentations as a Magician or Adept, but I can't really afford to take any as a Mystic Adept. I could also just pick up Mindlink and run completely without any Matrix gear.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <01-21-15/1810:44> »
Fair enough, was just trying to see how you'd communicate with your team, or if you're just there to watch them die !

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #12 on: <01-21-15/1849:24> »
Also remember that 'ware isn't functional in animal form, last I checked.  You're better off with a spell or two that let you do long-range communication.
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <01-21-15/1859:31> »
If, in fact, shifters do end up with regeneration ware is going to be right out anyway excepting deltaware IIRC.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <01-21-15/1912:22> »
Fair enough, was just trying to see how you'd communicate with your team, or if you're just there to watch them die !
AR goggles, special AR gloves, texting.