NEWS

Shadowrun-esque Anime and Movies?

• 92 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #90 on: <11-21-11/1709:28> »
When you go to see Rocky Horror, you're not going to see a movie. You're going for the total experience.

Wrong. When *I* go to see a movie, *I* go to watch a movie. The extra crap that goes on around me is just that: crap. That it's so pervasive means I cannot watch the movie without being disturbed by that which is going on around me, short of watching it at home. Since my home theater setup is apartment-grade, it means if I want to watch a big screen I have to head to a theater.

And that is why you don't love Rocky Horror. If you go in looking for the wrong things, then you will be disappointed. This is true no matter what quality of film you're going to see. Gone With the Wind is utterly horrible if you're looking for explosions and cavalry charges. Private York is drek if you're looking for swashbuckling swordplay. Star Wars is utterly horrible if you're looking for a western gunslinger. And Blade Runner is utterly unwatchable if you're looking for something bright and happy.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #91 on: <11-21-11/1711:52> »
Saving Private Ryan is utterly terrible as a comedy.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #92 on: <11-21-11/2305:27> »
Saving Private Ryan is utterly terrible as a comedy.
I dunno about you guys, but I laughed like  crazy when Upham shot the nazi guy.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."