NEWS

Ooc: Ok what is this place?

• 28 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #15 on: <01-17-16/0400:28> »
Bah; 1200 karma.  Pocket change.  ;)

Granted, the seven-digit retainer is more than a little over the top, but if I gave you that, I'd expect frickin' world-spanning miracles ...
« Last Edit: <01-17-16/0416:53> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #16 on: <01-17-16/1003:14> »
Wait what?
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-17-16/1005:37> »
Bah; 1200 karma.  Pocket change.  ;)

Granted, the seven-digit retainer is more than a little over the top, but if I gave you that, I'd expect frickin' world-spanning miracles ...

Yeah, it was definitely a ridiculous sum of cash. Sure as hell wasn't gonna complain at the time though. Being able to actually get some of the good stuff was priceless.  ;)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-17-16/1924:49> »
Oh, I don't deny that at that level each runner shouldn't be earning five- and six-digit payouts on a run, or even that they shouldn't be getting the good stuff; it's the retainer that's ridiculous.  A smart investor-runner, however, will acquire the high-end goods only when s/he needs to, and wisely investing otherwise - first through Brokerage X, and then after one acquires a tidy sum, via direct investing in the megacorporations - because you never want to keep all your eggs in one illegal basket.  You then roll the legal earnings back into their respective investment portfolios. Hawatari, for example, has 2 million in her primary-access Brokerage X account - but 362+ in her secondary account, and in the range of 1.5B in wide-ranging corporate investments, all this built up over almost thirty years.  Could she retire?  Sure, but to what?  She likes what she does, and who she does it for.
Pananagutan & End/Line

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-17-16/1926:41> »
Oh, I don't deny that at that level each runner shouldn't be earning five- and six-digit payouts on a run, or even that they shouldn't be getting the good stuff; it's the retainer that's ridiculous.  A smart investor-runner, however, will acquire the high-end goods only when s/he needs to, and wisely investing otherwise - first through Brokerage X, and then after one acquires a tidy sum, via direct investing in the megacorporations - because you never want to keep all your eggs in one illegal basket.  You then roll the legal earnings back into their respective investment portfolios. Hawatari, for example, has 2 million in her primary-access Brokerage X account - but 362+ in her secondary account, and in the range of 1.5B in wide-ranging corporate investments, all this built up over almost thirty years.  Could she retire?  Sure, but to what?  She likes what she does, and who she does it for.

Didn't deny it was utterly ludicrous. Just said that I wasn't going to complain at the time. :)

Partially because I knew there was no way anyone else would EVER make that mistake. :)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <01-17-16/1945:08> »
Heh.  True, dat.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <01-21-16/1829:09> »
This might be a dead post but I was wondering where I might go to start a run? I didn't want to throw my two cents in an already started [IC] post.
Don't tell Lynn I'm not working right now...

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #22 on: <01-21-16/1853:37> »
Uh... check the stickies for a description. Im not good ay describing things.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-21-16/2024:55> »
Are you wanting to find a GM and players?  Or just start describing a run?  Or get involved with asking for help from 'the shadowrunning community'?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <01-21-16/2054:05> »
I'd like a "Milk run just to get the feel of how running works on here. So when I do join a team and a GM I'm not a third wheel. Using chummer 5 I've got a dice roller, but I want to make sure that will work.
I'm not asking for a killer paying run, or for anybody to make some extravagant adventure. Just something to get my feet wet again.
And as for getting involved I don't really know where to start.
« Last Edit: <01-21-16/2058:39> by Black Bart »

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <01-21-16/2231:06> »
You decide on what you actually want.  From the sound of it, you want someone to run you through a game - a GM and players.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <01-21-16/2232:52> »
Just to familarize myself on here. But I've been posting to a few places so hopefully I'll here something soon.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <01-21-16/2305:14> »
Most of what's here is either PbP IC games (the RP section, which this is in), in-character conversation (VU93, but which is NOT 'a run'), or out-of-character player/GM conversations (pretty much everything else).  If you want to familiarize yourself, just step into the VU93 conversational thread and introduce yourself using the good ol' shadowtalk protocols.  Note that the 'name line' is immediately following, and ten to fifteen spaces before the name/time/date stamp you already know how to otherwise do.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <01-21-16/2308:13> »
Cool I wasn't sure how to post into alot of that.