NEWS

Ghouls are nasty!

• 62 Replies

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <06-10-11/1356:56> »
Yeah, but the difference between "basically" and "exactly" is pretty big.

In any case, a cyborg should be pretty safe from ghouls. Ghouls sense the living mainly through hearing, smell, and astral perception. A cyborg sounds like a drone, all of its meat parts are sealed away so they won't smell, and you can't see it's aura. Ghouls have no reason to try and eat or infect one.
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #31 on: <06-10-11/1436:36> »
Tho before they where introduced, going borg was, iirc, a reference to getting all cyberlimbs, as well as body and head.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #32 on: <06-10-11/1444:04> »
A (Cy)Borg is, basically, a drone with a squishy part in it . .
"OK, I know it's called a Doberman, but why is it barking?"  "Well, you heard of Dog-Brain AIs, right?  Well, I decided, why go digital when an analog system is that much more reliable?"  "You mean, it's..."  "Call him Spot."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #33 on: <06-10-11/1516:37> »
Now what happens if you take a Ghoul and cyborg it? Does it still need to eat?
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #34 on: <06-10-11/1542:36> »
Now what happens if you take a Ghoul and cyborg it? Does it still need to eat?
Puré ;)

Goodwin

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <07-29-11/1743:21> »
Hey everyone,

I'm poking around at the SR4 20th Anniversary Edition and I can't see where you're seeing ghouls as being so nasty.  Are these enhanced rules in another book, or am I missing something terribly obvious?  The Infection trait mentions only working when reduced to 0 essence, and drain essence is done by something with that power.  I'm not seeing the ghouls as having either infection or drain essence.

Are ghouls more meaner in one of the supplements, or am I really wrong somehow?

Thanks!

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <07-29-11/1749:48> »
It's further explained in runner's companion and augmentation. The Kreiger Strain of HMHVV is Contact vector so (depending on your GM) even brushing up against one might infect you.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #37 on: <07-29-11/1802:15> »
iirc, the author of that section have later expressed a mea culpa on misreading the disease rules that is the basis for the ghoul strain.

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <07-29-11/1834:42> »
Yeah, you should probably houserule HMHVV.

Goodwin

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <07-29-11/2148:51> »
Thanks guys,

I may do that, unless, are ghouls portrayed as that bad?  Should it be that contagious?

If not, what about something like if a character takes Body x1.5 points of damage in a single attack or round, by a contact attack they need to make the resistance checks?  I'm still new to the ruleset so that may be too much or not enough of a threat?

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #40 on: <07-29-11/2200:07> »
When I make a ghoul character, I always love getting a few extra BPs from getting the Infertile Infection Negative Quality. During Intim checks, the poor sap doesn't know the ghoul is infertile... Muahahah!
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <07-30-11/0711:34> »
Thanks guys,

I may do that, unless, are ghouls portrayed as that bad?  Should it be that contagious?

If not, what about something like if a character takes Body x1.5 points of damage in a single attack or round, by a contact attack they need to make the resistance checks?  I'm still new to the ruleset so that may be too much or not enough of a threat?

If they were that bad (going near a ghoul = you are a ghoul, period, no save, do not pass go), there would literally be nothing but ghouls everywhere.

You should probably change it to (1) be Injection and (2) Have a sane power and penetration. I think someone posted the often-used corrected version earlier.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <07-30-11/1232:05> »
I think someone posted the often-used corrected version earlier.
A Lot of Groups that I know of change the Krieger SStrain to
Vector Injection
Penetration: -4
Power 6
there are only 2 (3) Protections (if You know in Advance that You have to deal with Ghouls.Once in Contact its too Late) thats Nanites, a Biotechnical transformation and ....a Potion from(I only know it in German Feuerechsenblut)....Blood of the Fire Lizard (?)
all 3 are extremely rare and expensiveqFastjack
Chemical Protection is of no use
Krieger Strain is by RAW Penetration -6 so unless You don't "Invent" Chemical Protection 7
it doesn't help.
Chemical Sealing helps though :)
with a rare Dance
Medicineman

Here you go

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <07-30-11/1909:42> »
I think the "Blood of the Fire Lizard" thing you are referring to is called Rock Lizard Blood in English.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #44 on: <07-30-11/1916:11> »
I thought that was a drink they served at the Space Needle.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11