NEWS

the extinction of Humans

• 67 Replies

Tagz

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <04-09-11/1148:21> »
No, Humanis has alleged ties to those organizations such as Alamos 20K.  Humanis as of now is more of a political group that has a pro human agenda, not so much a terrorist group (though you can be sure a Humanis rolodex has a few Alamos 20K member's phone numbers in it).  In fact, they do quite a lot of charitable work in Human communities to put on a good face.

GravelThroat

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <04-09-11/1227:46> »
It's simple.  you want to show them what social skills can do create a dryad adept who has

charisa 7, con 5 persuasion 5 etiquette 4 negotiation 4

-PQ
First Impression

-Magic
Commanding Voice
kinesics 4

-Bioware all alpha grade
tailored pheremones 3
enhanced pheremone receptors 4
attention co processor 3
radar censor 4

Have this Dryad be working against them for whatever reason (maybe they're racist against elves) and when they confront her have there be a corporate patrol, or a KE Tactical team show up, and convince them that the dryad is supposed to be there and is being assaulted by the players.  then let them make their arguments, The dryad will roll charisma + con + 25 dice in front of the players.  go crazy and spend an edge on the roll too.  then roll again to persuade the security team not to frag the team where they stand.  BTW, this character can be made with 400 bps.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #62 on: <04-09-11/1251:43> »
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Humanis Policlub a terrorist organization geared up for genocide against all metaraces besides humans? Isn't a little hard to say "This is why you should be a human. Look at all the discrimination!" Humanis members wouldn't bother to start with a penalty to charisma based rolls. I would believe they would shoot an elf or troll first and ask questions never.
Depends on the group.  Some will string up a bunch of "Trogs and Faeries" and burn crosses and have a good ol' time.

Others will use more subtle and socially acceptable methods.  *Cough*Brackhaven*Cough*
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lumus Avatar

• Newb
  • Trust the hardware. Street Samurai for life.
« Reply #63 on: <04-09-11/1257:53> »
Depends on the group.  Some will string up a bunch of "Trogs and Faeries" and burn crosses and have a good ol' time.

Others will use more subtle and socially acceptable methods.  *Cough*Brackhaven*Cough*

I can believe that. I guess what always comes to my mind when I think of Humanis was the story "Buzzkill" at the beginning of the SR4 handbook where the organization was trying to poison an energy drink that had been hyped up for metahumans. they have to be subtle at times, heh.
If I use your eyes to shoot the target, that just means it was a team effort.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #64 on: <04-09-11/1308:07> »
I can't suggest "Sons of Anarchy" enough for examples of how to show Shadowrun Organizations.

In this case, there are a few types of Skinheads shown in the series.  Some are the "Beat the coloured out of town, or sell them Meth and let them kill themselves"-variety, and some are the "We'll just put them out of business in a calm, legal manner"-type.

And then there's the "Good Guys", which is an Outlaw MC that runs guns.  You really, really, REALLY don't want to mess with their morals.  Good suggestion:  Don't pick a fight with the old guy wearing the oxygen tank.  Really, don't.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <04-09-11/1349:31> »
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Humanis Policlub a terrorist organization geared up for genocide against all metaraces besides humans? Isn't a little hard to say "This is why you should be a human. Look at all the discrimination!" Humanis members wouldn't bother to start with a penalty to charisma based rolls. I would believe they would shoot an elf or troll first and ask questions never.
Absolutely not!  They are a legitimate, tax-paying organization that supports the rights of regular humans everywhere.

They only fund terrorist organizations and shadowruns that are dedicated to the genocide of all other races.  You know...kinda like PETA.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #66 on: <04-09-11/1900:46> »
Hey, Humanis is not that evil!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

tbrminsanity

• Newb
  • Have fun, play games!
« Reply #67 on: <04-09-11/1936:12> »

I never said you had to be human.  I said from a purely roleplaying point of view, your face should probably be human (with elves being the next possible choice and all the other metahumans a far distant third choice).  Humans in the Shadowrun universe have the same cultural acceptance as a white person during the 1950's in southern America.  Is it right?  No, but that is how the universe fluff pictures it.
Some people call me crazy...  Maybe they are right.