AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #780 on: <04-07-16/0923:35> »
Yes...me too. ::)

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #781 on: <04-29-16/0904:02> »
OOC, why would CGL publish another Seattle box set, when there is 4 previous iterations of the same city?  I get it that its a money issue (new players and all), but wouldn't it make more sense to just do an updated Seattle e-sourcebook that has a "This has happened in the 4 years (in-game universe) since the last Seattle book"...?

Especially when there's far more important books that need to be released, such as a dedicated Technomancer book.
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #782 on: <04-29-16/1153:05> »
Because not everyone has the old books. There are always new players (one should hope! If there aren't, your game's in trouble!) and ever since D&D's 3.0 to 3.5 conversion there's a distaste of buying 'old stuff' instead of 'current stuff' ... fluff books are a better bet, since there aren't "useless pages of mechanics" in the mix, but you often find little nuggets scattered around, such as NPC stats, that don't quite work with the current edition.

So, the books lay out the main details, update some stuff, and generally serve as a guide for things that are important every time, like, say, Seattle.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #783 on: <04-29-16/1214:06> »
Every edition gets its own Seattle book.

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #784 on: <04-30-16/0515:16> »
There is only four books (three books, one box set). So one of them didn't. :D

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #785 on: <04-30-16/1116:07> »
Seattle sourcebook came between 1st and 2nd. The reprinting was the 2E version.

I also agree that Runner Havens doesn't count. It's a fantastic Hong Kong book, but the rest is forgettable.

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #786 on: <04-30-16/1235:55> »
I had an inkling there might be a technicality looming. :D

If you count Runner Havens that is still two books for one edition or I guess one for 4 and 4A each. But yes, I was thinking stand-alone.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #787 on: <05-01-16/2050:52> »
List (as compiled from Wikipedia) of Seattle books:

Seattle (1st Ed): FASA7201
New Seattle (3rd Ed): FASA7216, FanPro10657, FanPro25009
Runner Havens (4th Ed): FanPro26005
Seattle 2072 (4th Ed): CAT26240
Seattle Sprawl Boxed Set (5th Ed): CAT27110

If I had miscategorized which company did which sourcebook, I apologize.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #788 on: <05-03-16/1124:17> »
A couple of upcoming titles I can share, though very little data at the moment:
  • Cutting Aces - a Deep Shadows sourcebook focused on cons, especially long con (Fall 2016)
  • Shadowrun: Anarchy - a "rules lite" version...there is a thread over on RPG.net what has some additional info, but pretty limited at the moment

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #789 on: <05-06-16/1744:12> »
  • Cutting Aces - a Deep Shadows sourcebook focused on cons, especially long con (Fall 2016)

Manditory music to listen to while reading.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #790 on: <05-07-16/1952:20> »
When will the Technomancer ebook come out, or... Are there any new developments on the Technomancer ebook?
« Last Edit: <05-07-16/1954:24> by Ragnarok »
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #791 on: <05-07-16/2128:38> »
I've got some other updates (which I'll be posting shortly), but nothing in regards to the technomancer book. :(

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #792 on: <05-09-16/2106:46> »
The technomancer book will be to 5th edition what the rigger book was to earlier editions. Catalyst will announce 6th edition the week before the PDF hits DriveThru
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #793 on: <05-10-16/0324:31> »
The technomancer book will be to 5th edition what the rigger book was to earlier editions. Catalyst will announce 6th edition the week before the PDF hits DriveThru

:'(

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #794 on: <05-12-16/0914:08> »
May Update

Origins 2016 - looking to have Market Panic on hand and hoping to have (early) copies of the Seattle Sprawl boxed set and Howling Shadows (which means we should see the digital release of HS very soon :)))

Shadowrun: Anarchy - a rules-lite approach to SR; smaller sized book (6x9) with ~200 pages. Approx 100 pages will be focused on characters and plot lines; rules should not be much more that 25-35%. Note that this is NOT a part of 5th edition...it represents an alternate way to play Shadowrun and gives people new options to consider. One of the design goals is to make "transferring" characters for SR5 to Anarchy fairly straightforward...this will allow them to use existing plot sourcebooks, campaign books, and adventures in their games.

Court of Shadows - this is going to give players a chance for long runs in the metaplanes around the Seelie Court to dive into the intrigue there. This gives us a chance to present a more high-fantasy, magic-focused setting with a Shadowrun twist. Intrigue, espionage, and the like will be emphasized over full-on combat, and there are some VERY imaginative minds working on ways to translate Shadowrun skills into this setting. :D

Moving back to SR5, the second Denver adventure will be coming before long, and the Deep Shadows book called Cutting Aces, focusing on con jobs, is coming in the fall.

SR Legends - the issues with getting the novels prepped for release have been sorted and you should expect to see that as part of the regular "Legends Tuesday"

Finally, with the tarot deck being developed and the Court of Shadows books, it's creating some new, interesting ways to play with magic, so look for an advanced magic sourcebook in 2017.

Well, that's it for this time...will come back with more paydata following the next couple of run 8)
« Last Edit: <05-12-16/1723:54> by AJCarrington »