NEWS

Shadowrun Adventure Seeds

• 46 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-13-10/1000:23> »
One I came up with (for my Star Wars game, actually, but probably never going to use it there) . . . the PCs get hired to extract a scientist.  The scientist refuses to do any work for the extracting party unless his daughter is rescued.  From a Death Row.  Where she is deservedly (think Bellatrix from the Harry Potter books/movies).

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #16 on: <09-13-10/1028:13> »
Ooooooh, THIS one I like...  8)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Irian

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-13-10/1047:19> »
Sounds more like two adventures:

a) Extract the scientist. The runners don't have to care about what the scientist wants to do or not. They get paid to extract him, not to convince him.

b) Extract the criminal. New run. New negotiations. And probably much more money, as an extraction from a high security prison isn't cheap :-)
GMTool - PreAlpha released (also on SourceForge)
Random Ramblings about Shadowrun (german only)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-13-10/1111:28> »
Sounds more like two adventures:

a) Extract the scientist. The runners don't have to care about what the scientist wants to do or not. They get paid to extract him, not to convince him.

b) Extract the criminal. New run. New negotiations. And probably much more money, as an extraction from a high security prison isn't cheap :-)

a) Yep.  Variations are possible of course - I can quite easily see anything from the scientist kicking and gagged over the team Troll's shoulder on the way out to it being a willing extraction.

b) I was thinking same team, though - simpler than bringing in a new one and having to go through the deal from scratch.  Where it can get strange though is just where the Death Row is.  An Azzie DR?  An Eqyptian DR? Or if you REALLY want to get weird . . . a Horizon DR . . . just what did this woman DO?!!

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #19 on: <09-15-10/2146:10> »
Want to make that last one interesting: have it where she didnt do ANYTHING. The crime and subsiquent "lockup" was nothing more than an elaborate cover for said daughter who is a deep cover operative for X or is part of some larger operation and the father knows nothing about it. Now the runners have just blown it wide open and things have gone from bad, to WORSE.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #20 on: <09-16-10/0001:34> »
ooohh.. nice twist mystic.

I also really like Ragmans idea.

And the others... lol

Keep up the good work guys. =)
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <09-16-10/0029:10> »
Want to make that last one interesting: have it where she didnt do ANYTHING. The crime and subsiquent "lockup" was nothing more than an elaborate cover for said daughter who is a deep cover operative for X or is part of some larger operation and the father knows nothing about it. Now the runners have just blown it wide open and things have gone from bad, to WORSE.

Evil. Sadistic. Mind shattering.

I love it ;D
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-16-10/0048:48> »

Yeah, that's VERY good. 

It all comes down to what the GM wants in the story.  I like the potential moral dilemma of having to rescue/free a total psychopath, just so scientist will get on with being an egghead.  Also, not all players will have a moral dilemma.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #23 on: <09-16-10/0809:00> »

Evil. Sadistic. Mind shattering.

I love it ;D

I aim to please.
 8)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

mortonstromgal

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <09-20-10/1839:42> »
For new players

Mr J hires the team on short notice to pick up a package (drugs) from a doctor at a hospital and deliver them to a stuffer shack clerk.
The reason this is bad news was the cops arrested the normal courier this morning and they now know where he gets his supply from and are staking out the hospital for the new courier.
Also the journey is through gang territory so lots of crazy stuff could happen.
And if you really want to up the ante the Mafia or Yakuza has learned of this stuffer shack dealer and wants a piece of the action. They walk in as the package is getting delivered.

Dystopian Dream

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <09-21-10/1146:38> »

The runners are hired to sabotage the televised wedding of a high-profile trid star and an AI at a converted Stuffer Shack.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-22-10/0854:20> »
I wrote down a list a couple of years back . . . these are NOT connected.

Red mercury hunt?
Anti-terrorist ops
Retrieval of stolen Book of Shadows
Bio-agent hunting
Stuff for the UN
Spook run-ins
MJ-12 (wanna-bes?)
Archaeology (arcano-?) run
Against the Vatican Templars/Vigilia Evangelica
Street doc support
Military . . . something
High school/college reunion
Wedding with complications

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #27 on: <09-22-10/1729:04> »
One I'm working on for my team is the complete psychological destruction of a high profile spokesman.  Basically, the team has to slowly drive him insane or otherwise get him to ruin his own image and life.  My hacker, mage, rigger, face, and B&E expert are freaking out over the opportunities.

street.mage

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <09-22-10/2206:22> »
One I'm working on for my team is the complete psychological destruction of a high profile spokesman.  Basically, the team has to slowly drive him insane or otherwise get him to ruin his own image and life.  My hacker, mage, rigger, face, and B&E expert are freaking out over the opportunities.

Oh, that's awesome!  I like the scientist extraction too.  My first run I designed was one where my group had to extract a teen child with magical abilities from an orphanage.  Thought about putting a bug hive in it, but decided against it.

One of the best runs I played in was we had to protect a race car driver.  She was getting notes about how they were going to kill her if she raced and won again.  One of our characters who was about the same size as her decided to play "face off" with her to switch places, and the rest of us were her pit crew.  The next race was a multi-nation race from Seattle, to Southern CA, to Denver, and back.  It lasted about 5 gaming sessions since "something" came up each part of the race.  Meanwhile, we were all investigating who or what was going to do the hit.  Awesome stuff.

Another run we had was timed.  We had to get an item from a train that only carried upper corp echelon ppl, that moved between destinations in 5 minutes.  We had to board the train, take the item unseen, and escape after putting the decoy in it's place before we were found. 

Jvirtue55

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <03-29-12/1437:05> »
Adventure #1: Knights-Errant in Tarnished Armor
The party gets a new job. Just a simple hit. Bust in, create at least twenty-five confirmed kills, destroy the building, then leave. The contract? It's from Knight Errant. The target? A mid-sized gang out in the barrens. KE doesn't have the manpower free to hit them right now, so they're subcontracting.

---The kicker: The gang has expanded its 'pay us or we break stuff' extortion racket into an actual security company. They're providing legal law enforcement and protection for businesses and homes in their area at a fraction of what KE charges. This isn't undercutting them much now, since it's only one small gang, but word travels fast in the shadows and slums. If more gangs incorporate and get licenses, they might lose profits. KE can't take direct action, or they'd be liable in Corporate Court for unfair business practices, so they have to shut down their competition under the table. Enter the runners. So, do they take the job and slaughter the only organization that's willing to defend the SINless and slums?

--The screw-job: There are only 17 members of the gang. The 25 confirmed kills stipulated in the contract cannot be achieved without killing innocent bystanders, and KE knows it. They have the area under surveillance, and plan on ambushing the runners as they make their getaway, killing them in the name of 'law enforcement' and covering their tracks to make sure there's no link between them and the hit.

--The double-double cross: one of Lone Star's spies within Knight Errant tipped off the gang. They're expecting the hit and are fully prepared.

--The triple-cross: a group of disgruntled citizens-turned-domestic-terrorists are supporting the gang and its anti-megacorp stance. They've set up sniper roosts in seven nearby buildings, and are ready to open fire on the KE troops as soon as they show up, thinking they're the ones who'll conduct the initial hit.

Got all that? End result: the party is running into a warehouse full of heavily armed gangers expecting them with sniper support outside and the cops waiting until they get weakened to take them out, while another cop company tries to screw them over. And no matter what, they aren't getting paid. How do they salvage this mess?

Holy Shit this is so friggin Cool I will  be using this one in my upcoming game for sure