« on: <02-19-12/2311:10> »
Captain Chaos, and other Prime Runners?
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <02-19-12/2319:06> »
Well, Captain Chaos died in the Crash, but the program Dunkelzhan gave him in his will 'saved' him as an e-ghost.

As for some of the others? Can't say. Serrin lost his wife, went mad, and ran as Ire for a while until Netcat helped bring him to his senses. Don't know about the rest.

And I'll say again that a 'Fallen Heroes' type book (even if it is just a series of ebooks) would be awesome, talking about those runners of yesteryear. Captain Chaos, Hatchetman, and others.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <02-19-12/2320:20> »
Most Prime Runners are dead or retired.  Or in Toronto and that's about as close to dead as you can get.

Captain Chaos got his brain backed up by a gift from Dunkie, his body died, and no one seems to have opened up Pandora's Box to let him out again.  I seriously doubt his sanity after 8-years real time trapped in a computer processing at clockticks.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-19-12/2328:25> »
You think no one has let him out. However, in one of the books (either Emergence or Unwired, I think) someone mentioned that a guy had been banned from ShadowSEA for saying he'd seen Captain Chaos in a DIMR node...

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <02-19-12/2335:01> »
And he hasn't taken a hand upside FastJack's head for having a small group of people rather than letting information run free?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-20-12/0030:16> »
Not if Project Imago got to him first...

My Characters

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <02-21-12/1726:53> »
Not if Project Imago got to him first...

What was Project Imago?
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-21-12/1808:50> »
In Corporate Intrigue it is revealed to be a NeoNET project extending before the second crash dealing with e-ghosts. Think of them as digital ghostbusters...

My Characters

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #8 on: <02-21-12/2300:29> »
one of the early SR adventures is titled Imago as well.  Should be available in PDF.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <02-22-12/0815:26> »
one of the early SR adventures is titled Imago as well.  Should be available in PDF.
Couldn't find it over at BattleCorps, but here it is at DriveThruRPG.

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #10 on: <02-23-12/2213:00> »
I'll put it in spoilers regarding the relationship in Imago...

[spoiler]Imago takes the runners to Scotland, working with (around?) Transys NeuroNet regarding a VERY mysterious Elf (Immortal, IMHO, but who knows?) who wants to be reunited with his murdered love. It seems her ghost is tied to the spot where it was murdered, and his is tied into some custom datachips. More questions than answers result from this run, but it's safe to connect that Transys is the toy of Celedyr, who has a particular fascination with the Matrix, Technomancers and E-Ghosts. For all we know, Imago was one of the first examples of intentional E-Ghost imprinting, and as the adventure blurs the lines between Matrix and Astral at times, it suggests that E-Ghosts may well have a metaphysical presence, and are not simply data-copies of once-living people. It's not beyond the ken to think Celedyr is playing with Transys projects from back in the... like those covered in Imago. [/spoiler]

I love it when the new stuff draws on the old stuff. Makes me feel nostalgic and proud to have been a part of it for so long. :)
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

Red

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <02-23-12/2227:23> »
And I'll say again that a 'Fallen Heroes' type book (even if it is just a series of ebooks) would be awesome, talking about those runners of yesteryear. Captain Chaos, Hatchetman, and others.

I cannot possibly agree more. Pics, bios, and stats for flashbacks and vintage games would be fantastic, and those of us who read for the setting would certainly get a kick out of it.
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <02-27-12/0309:50> »
Keiji Saito?  Confirmed dead, on the run, absorbed into megacorporate military, something else?

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #13 on: <02-28-12/0050:26> »
Dunno who that is, Longshot. Sorry.

Whatever happened to Sukie Redflower? She popped up in an ad in Street Magic, but other than that...

Red

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <02-28-12/0206:33> »
Dunno who that is, Longshot. Sorry.

Whatever happened to Sukie Redflower? She popped up in an ad in Street Magic, but other than that...

Saito. As in General Saito, who broke from the Japanese Imperial military forces and took over parts of California. Instituted violent anti-metahuman policies. It was talked about a LOT towards the end of 3e. IIRC it was mentioned in Year of the Comet and System Failure, at the very least. He was a big deal.