NEWS

Armor Debonder Gel Rounds

• 7 Replies

Aelavel

« on: <10-05-12/0731:53> »
trying to figure out if 1) b/r tests to make, 2) costs, & 3) if someone has already figured out how to combine the non-leathal rounds with that of the armor debonder found in the War! Book. Any help would be nice :)

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-05-12/0738:25> »
you're not looking for gel rounds but for capsule rounds (AR 34). They deliver their content at a successful hit.
cost for one round equals cost for capsule round plu one dose of debonder.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #2 on: <10-05-12/0744:03> »
you're not looking for gel rounds but for capsule rounds (AR 34). They deliver their content at a successful hit.
cost for one round equals cost for capsule round plu one dose of debonder.

Ninja'd me there, Makki.

Just want to add that the cost for Debonder is 40¥ per Rating Point... I would really, truly recommend using it with a Splash Grenade, not a Capsule Round, otherwise you'll end up paying 510¥ a bullet if you get maxed-out Rating 12 Debonder.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Orvich

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <10-05-12/1236:04> »
Plus, if you get it in a splash grenade, you can load it with all sorts of other hilarious grenades in your grenade launcher. For subdual, I had a mixed clip of slick grenade from spy games and barrier foam from War!.  They have to make an extended (1 combat round) roll to get out of the slick area, and if they don't within 1 combat turn, it hardens into a big wall with them inside.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-06-12/0238:20> »
Plus, if you get it in a splash grenade, you can load it with all sorts of other hilarious grenades in your grenade launcher. For subdual, I had a mixed clip of slick grenade from spy games and barrier foam from War!.  They have to make an extended (1 combat round) roll to get out of the slick area, and if they don't within 1 combat turn, it hardens into a big wall with them inside.

Solid sphere, actually, not a wall.

Essentially, drowning in quick-dry cement.  :-\
― Albert Einstein

― Me

Orvich

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <10-06-12/1123:18> »
Well, yes. That doesn't really change the content of the message! It hardens into a big thing that uses the rules for walls to break out of and is strong enough that your above-average enemy isn't going to manhandle his way out anytime soon.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-06-12/1639:06> »
Well, yes. That doesn't really change the content of the message! It hardens into a big thing that uses the rules for walls to break out of and is strong enough that your above-average enemy isn't going to manhandle his way out anytime soon.

One key difference, though:

Hollow Dome = Long, boring wait to be chisseled out with a chance of suffocation if nonody cuts an airhole and the O2 eventually runs out.

Solid Blob = Start rolling suffocation damage immediately.
― Albert Einstein

― Me

Aelavel

« Reply #7 on: <10-11-12/0502:59> »
Thankies for the help, the GM nemesis for the group, will probably still get some Debonder rounds, even though its not cost effective, lol