NEWS

[IC] Umbrae Europae (Chapter 2) - Running Coyote

• 358 Replies

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <11-23-16/1638:34> »
Waywalker got through the Host's firewall like a breeze. "Always be like water. Be subtle or brutal depending on circumstances."
While in the Host, he looked for cameras Icons to have a direct footage.

[spoiler]Matrix Perception: 14d6t5 3
Hack on the Fly: 13d6t5 3
(I am directly connected since I have a MARK on the Host)[/spoiler]
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <11-24-16/1850:05> »
[spoiler]

Sorry, guys, got a bit overwhelmed today - hope to be able to post tomorrow, but I've understood you are waiting for the Kami reports, plus de camera feeds before going in.

@Haywire:

Resisting Hack'n'fly: 12d6t5 5

However , unless I am mistaken, having one MARK on the host gives you on all devices, so you can already roll Perception + Intution [2] (sensor rating of the camera)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-30-16/1803:45> by belaran »

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <11-25-16/1921:24> »
Once in the host, it was a breeze tolocate the camera and pull its feed on AR.

[spoiler]camera resist: 4d6t5 1
EW throught the camera: 15d6t5 5[/spoiler]

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <11-28-16/0823:56> »
It takes a few minutes for both Rex and Haywire to see some results for the action. Getting to the camera feeds was not the hardest part for the decker, but certainly spotting out their target, and the flow of people - through the lens of a crappy camera was. Also, Haywire quickly realizes that some camera are either broken or turned off, so he just can't have a complete picture of the place. The Nurasol has a dozens of different  dance floors and bars, all set up inside the remands of huge plant and very poorly illuminated. For instance, what used to be a sort of boiler room was now a dance floor - only lighted by random stroboscopic lights, packed next to a bar serving fluorescent blue cocktails. Those actually somehow improved the visibility in comparison of the others rooms. Inside the "boiler room", a crowd of young people are squeezing together on a tiny, squared dance floor - delimited by huge pipes coming out of the ground and other forgotten traces of the original purpose of the place.

However, it's there that the decker got lucky. Half hidden between some of those pipe, a young woman appears to be a close enough match (78% according to some recognition software). Sadly, image is too blurry to assert this for sure. In the meantime, Rex also heard back from his spirit, but with similar results:

"Master, I think your prey is in there indeed. I can not be completely sure because there is so many people and some rooms are actually warded, or protected by astral barrier. However, I did picked up her sent, before some spirit appeared to chase me - apparently, they told me, the Nurosal has 'no astral peeping tom policy'" - as the spirit echoes the message of spirit, it is clear it has no clear understanding of the meaning of it. "Your prey was here, not so long ago, and probably still is. I'm going to extend my research to this noisy, chaotic place's surroundings, to be sure she has not left it, but I feel she is probably still inside."

On the bright side, all of this gave some minutes for Fox to gather enough intel on their target to try to build somekind of profile of her. The girl is certainly something special. An indenpendant sex-worker, rather than a simple hooker doing tricks for the mafia or some dude - she also appears to have some other activities to keep her afloat. For what Fox can gather she has certainly too few "customers" to be living out only of this. However, she does not strike him as being a shadowrunner, but probably somewhat familliar with the shadows - or at least the SINless society. He also feels that she is, strangely, both a thrill seeker, but also sort of a freak control...

[spoiler]
Really sorry for the delay, guys, end of last week was a bit complicated - and of course the forum forgot to sent me notification of your posts. BTW, FYI, given the nature of place your characters are not surprised to not have a clear confirmation of her presence here.
[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <11-28-16/1635:58> »

Waywalker smiled and switched gracefully to AR before closing the connection with the Host.
"It's a pleasure for me to tell that we have a close match, about 78%. I'll send a drone in the club for confirmation.
I'll be back in a minute."

[spoiler]Pilot Aicraft (Fly-Spy): 9d6t5 4
Fly Spy Stealth: 9d6t5 3
Fly Spy Perception (EW) jumped in: 15d6t5 5 (I keep all of them)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-29-16/1717:54> by Haywire »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-29-16/0350:55> »
'Thank you, oh Kami, you have done a great service to me. I release you from your task and bid you farewell.'

"Wuff"

<<The Kami of water I just consulted confirms that Trixie is most likely down there, but they seem to have a mage on retainer providing security for the club.
I can go as Astral projection inside, or accompany one of you as a service animal - provided the club allows it. Let me take the form of a less intimidating species.>>

[spoiler]
Releasing Spirit
Casting F3 Shapechange (to be placed in Focused concentration)
Shapechange: 14d6t5 8[14d6t5=4, 5, 6, 1, 6, 6, 4, 1, 6, 4, 5, 6, 2, 6]
A pity to waste that many successes.
Drain resist: 13d6t5 4 No Drain
Physical Attributes: B4 A5 R5 S4
Casting Increase Reflexes F3 Increase Reflexes F3: 12d6t5 5
Drain resist: 13d6t5 3 No Drain
+3+1d6 Ini
13+2d6 Ini
Casting Manascape to appear on the astral as a normal dog:
Manascape F6: 14d6t5 2
Drain resist: 13d6t5 2 2 points of Stun
Dropping it and try again:
Manascape F6: 14d6t5 6
Drain resist: 13d6t5 7 No Drain
[/spoiler]

The dog suddenly changed from it's imposing wolf form to the form of a friendly black Labrador or rather - since he was a magic dog - a Labracadabrador

<<Take my leash, it's in the side pocket of my armor.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #36 on: <11-29-16/1445:16> »
As each of his companions returned to the mundane world Jack took note of what they had to say.

"So Trixie is something a little different. From what I can gather she has to have several different income streams to support the lifestyle she currently leads. Ideally I'd like to take the time to observe her in situ before we make any approach. I feel I have a good grasp of what makes her tick now so I should be able to tailor any approach I do make to get the best response from her but without actually seeing how she responds to her environment I can't be 100% sure.

"Given what I do know any approach that involves threats will be the least productive for us, though generally I always believe that anyway, as she definitely prefers to be in control, and by that I mean really prefers to be in control. Our best bet is to try to make her approach us. She definitely enjoys the thrill of new and exciting things so this will be our most promising way in.

"Once we confirm her identity in the club would you be able to hack her commlink for me Waywalker? With that done we should be able to access her social media and search histories. Once I have that I can create conversations between ourselves which will make her want to introduce herself so she gets the opportunity to seek the newest and biggest thrills on her own terms."

Jack was quite relaxed whilst talking about his plans and requirements. Engineering meetings and opportunities such as these was the way he preferred to operate and the skills of this new team certainly seemed to lend itself to this type of approach.

« Last Edit: <11-29-16/1448:10> by Stoneglobe »
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <11-30-16/0922:17> »
While Rex changes form and Jack prepares himself to go inside the trendy club, Waywalker's drone sneaks in the place - unnoticed by a rather busy security details. Once inside it starts looking for Trixie, while Waywalker "meat body" lies in his van. The place is quite huge, which every door around the corner, giving access to a complete different dance floor or bar. But also quite dark, and noisy, so it is virtually impossible to spot the drone.

Getting inside the place with his "service dog" was not an easy affair, but Fox certainly knows his way around a stubborn bouncer - even a German ork one ! So it's barely seconds after the Fly Spy finally spot Trixie - of course, in the most remote dance floor, on the last level of the small, four-story building, that the runner get access. While the duo navigate the maze that Nurosa is, helped by ARO maps and direction from Waywalker, the hacker also takes time to try to spot the commlink of the girl.

There is numerous commlink around the drone, and it is difficult to assert which one of them could be Trixie's, but fortunately, the runner managed to get the drone close enough to spot the model and series of her commlink in her pocket - a SK Viper, a cheap knockoff of the infamous MetaLink ! It's a just a matter of second, despite the noise and the distance from the van, for Waywalker to get access to it.

However, it's pretty disappointing. The girl clearly know her shit when it comes to being anonymous. The commlink has been formatted four hours earlier, and contains only three commlink numbers, and a couple of pictures from tonight. The other commlink number are all nearby, probably belonging to the two friends of her dancing with her on the floor.

As Jack gets in the room, he almost immediately spots Trixie, but also half dozen "suspicious individuals". The guys actually looks like any other clubber, but the use of the same set of colors on their clothes, plus the fact that often nods at each other, gave the feeling to Fox that they all belong to a gang... And they are clearly circling around their target... Maybe some concurrence already arrived to the place ?

[spoiler]

Nurosa Security tries to spot Waywalker  Fly Spy: 9d6t5 3 => equality, so win is for PCs (my own house rule)

@Jack: I waive the con roll to get in with the dog, your character can probably pull it off without a sweat, so moving forward. Also rolled for you the "spot the ganger around" test:

Spotting gangers around Trixie: 10d6t5 5

@Haywire: same, I waive the hacking of Trixie's commlink, for simplicity sake and be able to move forward more quickly.

[/spoiler]

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <11-30-16/1343:30> »
Jack sighed internally when he realised that Trixie, and maybe her friends, were being targeted by a small group of gangers, The best laid plans and all that jazz. Sometimes you've got to roll with the punches. Adapt and overcome as they say. Bloody zen and the art of shadowrunning

Thinking quickly Jack mentally rearranged the broken pieces of his original plan into something fit for purpose, keying into his DNI connection Jack relayed what he now planned to the others. >>So we have some complications but we can work it into our favour if we move quickly. Waywalker, please track the six individuals who all have the red and green in their clothing and keep us apprised of what they're doing. Whilst I can try to keep all of them in sight it will be hard, especially once we engage the girls. Reginald, I believe it's time for my service animal to slip his lead and and go make friends with the pretty ladies. It'll give me the perfect excuse to get close and get talking, if we can pull off the damsel in distress play at this point it will work in our favour. Waywalker, if you're able to identify the alpha in that group of gangers, I'll do the same on the ground, it will help as if it comes to violence I'd prefer to be in a good position to drop him first. An old man taking out their leader might just give pause to the rest of them and give us control of the situation and then talk them down.<<

As Jack took a second to observe the gangers in more detail to identify their leader he pretended to ruffle the fur on Rex's neck using the movement to loosen the collar so the Rex could then slip it and go bother Trixie and her friends.

[spoiler]

I've taken some liberty with the gang colours here as you didn't mention what they were. If you need me to change the post to reflect the actual colours just let me know and I'll update it.

Perception to ID gang leader in group: 10d6t5 3

[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <11-30-16/1736:52> by Stoneglobe »
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <11-30-16/1518:27> »
<<Affirmative.>>
All it took for Rex was to sniff a bit around, seemingly following a trail on the ground, before he reached the girl, sniffing at her ankles and wagging his tail. When he could be sure she had noticed him, he sat down and gave her his paw while he panted with typical Labrador enthusiasm.

[spoiler]

Making new friends the dog way:
Etiquette: 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]

talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <11-30-16/1803:09> »
In the age of sixth world, where man met machine, matrix and magic, and creatures like dragon roams free, and the wonders of the Astral Sea or the Seelie court awaits mankind, it is almost baffling that a cute doggy can still muster as much interest and reaction from man. "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ! N'est ce pas ? "

Rex, in his canine form, barely got to the girls that, the three immediatly turn their attention to it, and ask permission to his "owner", Jack, permission to pet him. All of this, yelling, because the music is of course is rather deafining here.

"But isn't not horrible for him ?" asked one of the girl. Jack smiles and reassures her, in a short sentence, that the creature has all the protection it needs. Well, actually Jack has no idea about that, but he certainly hope that Rex knows what he is doing.

Anyway, Jack see that the mage trick worked, all the friends are petting him and taking pictures, while Trixie's interest has been picked by the strange irish character behind the four legged creature.

" Quite strange of you to come here with a such creature... Tell me what did really bring you here, handsome ?" - she managed to whisper (relatively) in his ears, and punctuate with a wink.

Before formulating anykind of reply, the runner checks around - using the feed from the Waywalker drone. The gangers have been somewhat caught off balance by their move, and are, right now, staying back and watching the Fox and his dog. With suspicion that is to say, but also with a definitive indecision. Jack and his comrades have certainly a few minutes before they decided on any kind of actions.

[spoiler]
@Jack_Spade: as a dog should not have been this a test of "Human Handling" ?  :)
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <12-01-16/1118:39> »
Rex visibly enjoyed the attention - not least because the nice girls where bending down to pet him. The googles gave him a goofy look, but made sure he wasn't blinded by the stroboscope effect of the clubs lighting.

SInce he still held onto his astral disguise, Rex risked opening his third eye to peak at the astral and see if those goons had magical back up.

[spoiler]
Etiquette pretty much is "Human Handling"  ;)

Also, quick assensing check to see if there are hostiles on the astral
Manascape should shield me from being discovered as a dual natured being.
Assensing: 7d6t5 4  [7d6t5=6, 2, 5, 1, 5, 6, 3]
[/spoiler]

talk think matrix

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <12-01-16/1420:33> »
Whilst the quick actions of Rex had certainly bought them a few minutes grace it wouldn't be long before the gangers made their move. Got to get her, and her friends on the move quickly. In depth conversation can wait.

Taking Trixie's cue of flirtatious behaviour Jack leaned in close to continue the whispered conversation.

"Strange would be to be here without my companion. He's my service companion and without him I'd be lost. Though perhaps not as lost as it looks like you and your friends were about to be. I really don't think that those guys over there are planning on buying you drinks and taking you dancing. Now me on the other hand..." Jack paused and gave a subtle nod of his head to indicate the gangers. "By my estimation we have about 5 minutes before they make their move. Perhaps you and your friends would care to dance with me and we can manoeuvre ourselves towards the door. That is unless you would prefer to see what they really have in mind."

Jack peeled back slightly to make sure that he maintained a good clear view of the path back out of the club and where the gangers were currently placed before leaning back in "And maybe then we could take the time to continue our conversation without the current distractions." Jack lingered leaned in just long enough to let Trixie feel that this was more of the same flirtatious behaviour that she had initiated before pulling back.

[spoiler]
Negotiation on Trixie: 12d6t5 4

I didn't include my diplomacy specialty or roll my con seduction either
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-05-16/1409:35> by Stoneglobe »

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <12-01-16/1556:54> »
"Maybe my next drone should be a pet one...I wonder how would it feel to be jumped in one of those."
While the Pilot of the drone kept an eye on the gangers, Waywalker seized the opportunity to know a bit more about the gangers. "Fox, I have them on my radar, and you too if you look up the AR feed."

[spoiler]Fly Spy Perception (EW): 9d6t5 3
Deck: A 2/S 4/D 4/F 5, running VM, Agent, Exploit and Wrapper.
Teamwork test from Deck: 12d6t5 2
Teamwork test from Sekretar: 6d6t5 2
Matrix Perception: 16d6t5 5
Teamwork test from Deck: 12d6t5 3
Hack on the Fly: 18d6t5 7[/spoiler]

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <12-02-16/0534:28> »
While her body language does not change, Trixie eyes reveal she is quite surprised by the runner mention of people trying to get to her. She quickly, but rather discreetly takes a look around, and soon realizes what is going. Not panicking, the woman then turn her attention to Fox, clearly trying to read his body language to assert if the runner is somewhat more trustworthy than the one ganging up on her. Shacking her hear, with a pissed off expression, she finally replies to Fox:

"Frag that shit.. You say you can take me and my friend out of this pickle. So do please do that, and then we'll talk". While accepting the runner help, Trixie is clearly unhappy of the situation, as she fully realizes that she might be trading on evil for an other one.

In the meantime, the ganger appears to realize what is happening and are now coming closer to intervene. However, half a dozen ganger should be such of an issue for the runner - but outburst of violence, might trigger the club's security.

Flying around, jumped into his Fly Spy, Waywalker rises discreetly above the crowd, to get a better picture of the ganger getting close. He quickly asserts they are not big game, they appears to have knifes, brass knuckles and maybe a light pistol in their pocket, however the rigger picks up a potential new threat. Coming from both entrance to the room, a new group of suspicious people are coming in. Rather sturdy, wearing cheap, black suit, giving them a false look at wage suit going out to party, but they are also quite fidgety, a classic sign of Kamikaze use, or even cheap wired reflexes.

Waywalker also spots suspicious bumps under their vest. All are humans, and some are clearly from Asian ancestry, giving the two separate group a certain feel of Yakuza goons from old trids. The newcomer are at three on each side of the room, adding half a dozen more potential targets - at least that the Rigger can see.

On his side of things, Rex checks out in the Astral, worried that some back up can come up - or just that one of the ganger might be magically active. One of them appears to be a rather meak sorcerer, and the Nurosa's security still have a spirit patrolling around, looking for people "making trouble". Taking a look at the newcomers pointed by Waywalker, Rex confirms that given their blackened auras, they are most likely heavily augmented. One of them however has a shiny, rather powerfull aura - given how he is moving quickly and with grace, the mage suspects he might be a physical adept...

« Last Edit: <12-06-16/0548:50> by belaran »