NEWS

[IC] Umbrae Europae (Chapter 2) - Running Coyote

• 358 Replies

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <12-14-16/1643:39> »

"Seems like they have done it for me..."
Waywalker's persona moved just a finger.

[spoiler]Teamwork test from Deck: 12d6t5 6
Hack on the Fly: 19d6t5 3
Hack on the Fly (second chance): 16d6t5 4
Next action: Spoof command to make the guns eject their clip and lock on the safety
Spoof Command: 13d6t5 3[/spoiler]
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <12-14-16/1735:38> »
[spoiler]
I think you missed the part where net successes + STR are compared to Phys Limit. So as long as Rex had one net success his enhanced STR of 8 guarantees a knock down  ;D

But doesn't matter really, since we hopefully now can just use the emergency exit to leave those guys behind.

[/spoiler]

Rex didn't stop once his target was down. He had managed to stay on his feet and snarled at the man on the ground while taking position next to Fox, covering his flank. While he gathered mana for a lightning bolt, tiny flashes of static electricity began to dance between his teeth...

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #62 on: <12-14-16/1817:08> »
With the intervention of Rex Fox no longer needed to prepare for combat and used the chaos to slip on down through the exit following the 3 girls. <<Thanks Reginald, a most timely intervention I must say. Waywalker. How close are you to the exit. I'm bringing the target now.<<

As he hurried after the girls Fox slipped his pistol from it's holster and screwed the silencer onto it before dropping his arm down by his side allowing the fabric of his overcoat to conceal the now held weapon.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <12-15-16/1109:30> »
[spoiler]
Let's waived the rest of the battle, your characters have the upper hand.... At least inside the club ;)
[/spoiler]

After putting the physical adept out of commission, the Puma-shaped Rex, jumps behind Fox and the girls into the corridor leading to the exit. And just in time, as the other goons opens fire just where he was. Rushing down the dark corridor, the group (with a big cat on their tails), reached the outside of the club quickly. Thankfully for them, the corridor is too narrow, and twisted, to allow the few goons that managed to follow them to open fire (or at least to do so and actually hit any of them).

The instant the three girls are about to storms out of the club, Fox takes the lead, and checks that nobody is waiting for them. Relieved, he spots no sniper, drones or other goons, and see Waywalker van turning into the back alley this emergency exit has lead them too. 

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <12-15-16/1741:04> »
Just to discourage their pursuers, Rex unleashed the lightning he had been building up, illuminating the corridor briefly with blue white plasma and leaving the distinct smell of ozone behind.

[spoiler]
F7 Lightning Bolt: 14d6t5 2
Not targeting anyone, just a bolt to make them pause
Drain resist: 13d6t5 5
No Drain

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <12-17-16/1106:54> »
"Ladies, we should depart this area before those pursuing you gt themselves reorganised. My associates and I are not here to hurt you so if you chose to leave by yourselves we won't stop you, but then can't guarantee that you'll be safe."

Fox gestured to the van that had just pulled up, then opened the door for the girls to enter whilst maintaining his scanning of the area in case of further complications. He triggered the DNI connection to the others.

>>If they chose to leave don't do anything to stop them. I've already planted a tracker on Trixie and Waywalker can task a drone to her as well. Let her think she's back in control and we'll get more done than if we try to force the issue.<<
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <12-17-16/1343:10> »
Trixie looks at Fox and then her friend, and her facial expression does suggest she really, really does not like her choices. Nonetheless, she quickly reaches a decision and nodes to her girlfriends, who - still shacking in fear, jumps into the van. She then proceed to the same while saying to Fox:

"I got friends in high places, so you better not screw me over this one..."

Fox follow the girl, and note the van is already pretty cramped, when a large Puma jumps in. All the girls gasp, but Trixie keeps her composure and says:

"A puma now ? A dog a minute ago... I do hope you do not do everything with animals... I'm not that open minded " - with a suggestive wink toward the runner face.

[spoiler]
@Haywire: can you roll a Perception + Intuition [Sensor] (it is a Vehicule test, so all Control Rig advantages plus Matrix Action bonuses do apply)

@Jack_Space: I assume you planned to joined them in the van, if not, please just jump out :)
[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <12-17-16/1409:53> »

Waywalker ordered his Rotodrones to deter would-be chasers and had his Fly-Spy to do recon.
Then jumped in the van and when all were aboard started to speed, keeping an eye open for troubles.
"I'll do some movemntes to be sure we are not followed. Hve me know where to go."
In the while, the anonymous Jack-Rabbit with his meat body started to go a different way.

[spoiler]EW throught the sensors: 17d6t5 4
pilot groundcraft (jumped in): 13d6t5 3[/spoiler]

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <12-17-16/1534:22> »
[spoiler]

Rolls to know of a safe place to conduct conversations nearby that is not linked to gangs or Yakuza
Area Know R_R Megaplex: 9d6t5 3
Shadow Community: 9d6t5 3

[/spoiler]

Fox takes the time to remove the silencer from his pistol and re-holster the weapon before responding.

"Your not really my type Trixie so you can drop the flirtations, they're not going to get you anywhere. Yes, I do know the name you chose to ply your business under. Obviously our meeting wasn't by chance.

"As for friends in high places, I suggest you get calling and arrange some sort of protection then. No one here is going to stop you or do anything to you if you chose to. As I said before, you can just walk away and take your chances with the others who are interested in you."

Fox pauses for a second to let that sink in before continuing.

"And it's not your friends in high places who've got you into your current predicament, it's your friends in low places, or more specifically one particular friend in low places. Perhaps you'd prefer to continue this in somewhere slightly more salubrious than the back of a van. I know of a lovely tea shop, the Russian variety rather than Japanese, not far from here which affords a certain level of privacy to those who feel they need it." Fox again pauses to look at the other 2 girls accompanying Trixie before continuing. "Your friends will be safe there and will be able to arrange transportation home whilst we conduct our future conversations away from prying eyes. Does that sound acceptable to you?"

>>Waywalker, here's the address. Might I suggest a circuitous route to get there and Reginald, I'm not convinced that a panther will be appropriate for the location we're heading to.<<

Fox leaned back in his seat and awaited Trixie's response. Just once I'd like an easy start to business. I'm more and more uncomfortable not knowing what this package we're supposed to be retrieving is. There's too much activity from too many directions in too short a space of time for it to be inconsequential.

« Last Edit: <12-17-16/1536:28> by Stoneglobe »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <12-18-16/0503:27> »
In reply, the puma form shimmered again and was replaced by the friendly panting one of the Labrador.

<<I wouldn't mind a bit of a lay down. To much mana flowing through me.>>
The Labrador curled up at the ground and began to snore softly.

[spoiler]
Shapechange R3: 14d6t5 5
Dismiss R6 Spirit of Man
Summon R3 Spirit of Man: 14d6t5 4
Resist: 3d6t5 0
Drain Resist: 13d6t5 4
No Drain
Spirit casts F3 Shapechange:
Shapechange: 6d6t5 4 (Limit 3)

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <12-19-16/0545:09> »
Again Trixie pauses and clearly take a couple of seconds to think this through. She quickly looks at a her terrified girlfriends, and reply:

"Let's drop my friends somewhere else first. They have nothing to do with this all mess, and if you are as well-intentioned as you pretend to be, you will certainly not have anything against this..."

While the runner and the girl are debating in the back of the truck, Waywalker spots something on his radar, and realize that a large drone is flying directly above them and is currently attempting to put a target lock on the van !!!

[spoiler]

@Stoneglobe: please prepare a full description of the Russian tea house - I will leave you described it when your group arrived to it ;)

@Haywire: It's all fun and games until someone tries to target lock you :) - please roll Reaction + Sneaking [Handling] (along with all the bonuses associated to your control rig, and your connection mode) against:

Attempt to lock on Waywalker's van: 14d6t5 3

The van is also targeted by hack on the fly - please, if you fail to resist, acts your character is not unaware of this ;) !

Hack on the fly on the Van (-4 as attempting to put 2 MARKS): 10d6t5 6

(let's not roll initiative and simply assume that you and your opponent have simply the same number of action by combat turn)

[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <12-19-16/1646:39> »
"Hold tight! They're coming!"
Waywalker ordered his Rotodrones to focus on the drone, while he dealed with it in the Matrix.

[spoiler]Initiative: 5d6+10 28
pilot groundcraft (jumped in): 14d6t5 5
Evade Detection: 9d6t5 2
Firewall (full defense): 17d6t5 5
Firewall (full defense) Second Chance: 12d6t5 3
Drone Initiative: 4d6+6 16
Drone #1 firing: 9d6t5 3 (Full Auto Simple Action)
Drone #2 firing: 9d6t5 3 (Full Auto Simple Action)
(11 P AP -2)
Teamwork test from Deck: 12d6t5 3
Brute Force on the Drone: 17d6t5 5[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-28-16/1632:50> by Haywire »

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <12-28-16/1815:45> »
Waywalker is both maneuvering the van and dodging cyber attacks, but his natural paranoia paid - he was on his guards, looking for trouble in the matrix, and avoided getting MARKed by whoever is trying to sneak into his RCC, plus getting a MARK on the attacker ! However, the rigger just run out of luck while trying to evade the target lock of the drone.

In the meantime, a few seconds before the shit hit the fan (or actually, in this case, the van), M.Fox's commlinks rang and the runner, immediate recognizing the number given earlier this evening by their M.Johnson "Joahnnes", opted to answer the call - not aware that the group was far from being safe:

"M.Fox, I am pretty sure this is the worst time to call you, but I have some important news... Can you spare the minute ?"

Before the runner can reply, strings of bullets hit the van and the girls start screaming...

[spoiler]

Recap on init:
Haywire's 1st pass (28) Full Defense => -10, so 18, then ordered drones to deploy and fires (18), second pass Vehicle Control (8), thus drones deploys on 2nd pass. (So brute force on the deck has to wait for the next combat turn)
Drone's initiative (16), so fire on second pass (6) (deployment is a movement, no action required) - for simplicity sake, let's assume the drone is both in range and no bonus/penalty applies)

Attackers:
Hacker's init: Initiative: 5d6+10 27
Quad Drone's init: Initiative: 5d6+11 30

Quad Drone:
30) Fires on the van's engine block (Called Shot, see Run & Gun p.115), aimed (SA): Firing on Waywalker's engine block: 11d6t5 6 (27) - (@Haywire, you got -1 to Defense Test, due to target lock) (27)
20) Same thing: Firing on Waywalker's engine block (2): 11d6t5 5 (17)
10) Control Drone (to not crash) : Control Vehicle: 16d6t5 5 (7)

Hacker:
Free action: swap deck config
27) Erasing MARK: 14d6t5 4 (@Haywire, please roll (Will + FW))
17) Brute Force on the Van Icon (protected by RCC): Brute Force to MARK Waywalker's VAN: 14d6t5 5 (@Haywire, please roll (Will + FW))
    => note that every 2 net hits turn into 1DV of Matrix Damage (DR + FW to soak)
7) Data Spike on Van Icon: Data Spike on Waywalker van: 14d6t5 4 (@Haywire, please roll ( Int + FW))

If Data Spike, please soak damage: 7 + (net hits) + (2 if MARKed).

@Jack_Spade: feel free to roll initiative and intervene if Rex can !

[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <12-29-16/0514:49> »
[spoiler]

Ini: 10+1d6 16

Ini 16
Sticking his head out of the window, Lightning bolt at the flying drone.
F8
Lightning Bolt: 14d6t5 3 [14d6t5=4, 6, 4, 4, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 3, 6, 4, 5, 1]
Resist Drain: 13d6t5 3
No Drain
If successful (probably not if the drone is directly controlled) the Drone is hit with DV 8P(e) + net successes AP -8, -5 Ini, -1 to all control checks. Half damage (rounded up) will be applied as Matrix damage. Also the jumped in rigger has to defend against biofeedback (same amount as matrix damage). If the drone is destroyed he can enjoy 6DV dumpshock.

Ini 6: If drone is still there, rinse and repeat:
Lightning Bolt: 14d6t5 5[14d6t5=6, 2, 6, 5, 3, 4, 5, 2, 2, 1, 6, 2, 2, 1]
Resist drain: 13d6t5 4
No Drain
[/spoiler]

Rex' dog form looked decidedly tired as he got up from the floor and stuck his head out of the splintered side window. For a split second lightning jumps from one exposed tooth to the other, than suddenly he spews forth a crackling path of lightning towards the pursuing drone. The after images hadn't died down before he repeated the procedure once more.
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <12-29-16/1120:10> »
[spoiler]

A dog looking at the windows and firing lightning bolt ? Oh, now, this is just too adoooorable ! (in a Shadowrun way)

Dodge's Rex lightning bolt: 13d6t5    (having all the dice does not mean having all the hits...)

So Drone takes 10P (AP-8):

Soaking the lightning bolt: 5d6t5 2 - which leaves 8P which destroys the drone (and dump the rigger)

[/spoiler]

The first lightning bolt strikes the drone perfectly and it is only a ball of burning metal that get the second lightning bolt... Somebody, somewhere nearby is getting dump from the Matrix and having a bad day.