NEWS

The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Most Shadowrun movie this year

• 2 Replies

Leevizer

• Omae
« on: <07-04-16/0655:14> »
Hi everyone!

I went and watched TMNT 2: Out of the shadows last saturday with my brother. And damn, did I think about every ten minutes "Hey, this is Shadowrun". Without spoiling too much or going into too much detail, at points it really felt like a 4-person runner team doing the things.

Definitely more Pink Mohawk than Mirrorshades or Trenchcoat, but it was a good movie. In the "stupid fun" kinda way. The only thing missing from it being truly Shadowrun was the lack of magic.

But hey, don't take my word for it. They apparently put the most Shadowrun scene from the movie up on Youtube too, it seems.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trying to stop the Foot Clan or Shadowrunners trying to protect an armored transport from a group of mercenaries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9USTvxEJmEw

And on a final note: Tell me that your first thought wasn't "Troll Sreet Samurai" when you saw Raph jump out from that van and do... Well, just watch the clip.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <07-04-16/0749:54> »
I'm so old skool I remember (and still have) the orignal Eastman & Laird black and white comics :P

I saw the both the original TMNT movies in the theatre with my little sister when they came out. (And that teeth grating Vanilla Ice rap track in the second one....)

And I saw the first Megan Fox one..... it was ok, in that stupid fun way.

But yea, I see what you are saying. But I got more of a "Troll Adept" vibe with the balancing and jumping in that clip.....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-04-16/1712:42> »
Well, this is it an angle I'd ever thought about...will definitely check it once once it hits disc or streaming.