NEWS

Missions and Drone Modification

• 22 Replies

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <01-09-16/2228:00> »
My comment is again directed toward missions-, not what people will do in general.

If this was Drone Modification thread instead of  Missions and Drone Modification I would have other comments.

Since it doesn't say to use both systems on a drone at the same time and since some modifications in the drone mod rules are in variance to the vehicle mod rules and since Missions tries as hard as possible that rulings are the same at all tables, my opinion is that I cannot see how they will allow both to be used at the same time on drones.

Again it is an opinion on Missions and not whether you can combine the two mods.
Hahahaha... Did you miss the part where a) Rigger 5.0 isn't even close to being Missions legal yet as it doesn't even have a physical release date, and b) one of the missions coordinators told you they hadn't decided yet?

/thread.

First..look at section I highlighted in red, future tense...
a)nope
b)nope, and how does this stop someone from speculation what the answer will be.

and I could ask you the same two questions when you say: Use drone mods where alternatives exist, and vehicle mods where they don't? That way, there's no overlap...
HaHa, you know the Mission coordinators say they're not decided so where are you coming up with this.

Oh wait, maybe if you look at your comment in it's entire context, you giving an opinion on the mod rules in it's entirety and not on Falar's question.
My statement, taken in context, I am speculating on what the ultimate answer to Falar's question is going to be. It isn't factual but a guess.
« Last Edit: <01-09-16/2231:06> by gradivus »
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-09-16/2236:47> »
And my statement was what I would do at my table istead of idle speculation about what might be, since ultimately, speculation makes no difference with regards to what Catalyst decides to do.

But since you've chosen to go down this path, have a good one mate.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-11-16/1019:44> »
Ok, again for clarification we are just now going through things in detail for the Missions FAQ so it may be a while before an official answer gets passed down ..... but ...

Yes, we are planning to incorporate both the drone mods and the vehicle mods.
This will include quite a bit of clarification I assume but in general it really just takes some common sense which i expect my GM's to have in spades.

Use drones mod rules where they exist, use vehicle mods where they don't, ignore anything that doesn't make sense.

examples ...
weapon mounts ... drones use the drone rules, vehicles use the vehicle rules
gecko tips ... not covered in the drone section but are listed in the vehicle section ... yes drones can use them
rigger cocoon ... not covered in drone section but are listed in the vehicle section ... drones can not use them due to size restriction on all except the big drones

again this is unofficial until finalized by the committee and the CGL  :)
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-11-16/1026:04> »
Minor point of contention, Banshee: drone modifications actually does contain Gecko Grips (Rigger 5.0, p. 126).

It might be named differently from the vehicle modification "Gecko Tips", but it's functionally the same. ;)

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-11-16/1035:42> »
alrighty then, revise my example  ;D (that's what I get for replying from work without the book open in front of me)

chameleon coating ... not listed in drone mods, but are listed as a vehicle mod ... drones can use
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <01-11-16/1424:32> »
Great example, Banshee, and pretty much one of very few vehicle mods that are useful for drones because most of the rest need too many slots.

Chameleon Coating should definitely have been a drone mod because some of the drones it's most useful on doesn't have the body 2 needed for the two mod slots it'd cost...

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #21 on: <01-11-16/1427:19> »
Chameleon Coating should definitely have been a drone mod because some of the drones it's most useful on doesn't have the body 2 needed for the two mod slots it'd cost...
Agreed. If anything, I think it should be like Realistic Features and not cost any mod points.

Snake!Drone + Chameleon Coating + Dart Gun = FUN!

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #22 on: <01-12-16/1018:55> »
rigger cocoon ... not covered in drone section but are listed in the vehicle section ... drones can not use them due to size restriction on all except the big drones.

Aww, I was hoping to recreate Jack the Pixie Rigger's 4E anthroform Mobile Suit Human in 5E Prime Missions.

Though I suppose there would have to be actual rules for pixie sized equipment. Which there isn't.

[edit] Adding a Rigger Cocoon to a vehicle that doesn't normally take passengers would also require adding Extra Seating and Extra Entry/Exit points, no?

-k
« Last Edit: <01-14-16/1651:52> by KarmaInferno »