NEWS

SRM04-02 Extraction

• 5 Replies

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« on: <05-14-11/2032:18> »
Over all, this is a good mission, design ot get players moving quick.

The only problem I see is Parker getting the runners to call the different Foundations.

How has this been handled?

A.A. Salati

« Reply #1 on: <05-15-11/1851:43> »
This thread contains SPOILERS. Read at your own risk.

[spoiler]
The Scion could recommend those Foundations. So could appropriate contacts if runners are stuck. Runner knowledge skills could be useful here, too. Contacts or research can help find Foundation contacts.
[/spoiler]

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-15-11/2055:45> »
I have wondered that.

thank you for the reply.

Chance359

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-23-11/2028:02> »
Ran this two weeks ago, here is the AAR for my table:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=34961

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-24-11/0058:16> »
a good read, thanks chance

being limited in my area, I haven't had a chance to run this mission.

I understand Bull's point, that it is hard to plan for every character type at the table. Which makes SR funner over some other games, the mystery of what maybe at the table in session.

maybe there should be some forewarning at the start of the mission....

PH_dungeon

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-03-11/0100:32> »
So I'm planning on running this for my home group, but there are a few things that don't quite make sense about it to me that I think I'm going to change.

First of all I'm going to give team a bit more prep time (about an hour). They aren't going start at the top of the building, but MacCallister will have made the arrangements to have the building security bribed so that they can make use of it. I'm also assuming that MacCallister and Parker have been in contact and made some plans.  I'm going to have MacCallister have a guy nearby with the climbing gear in a vehicle that he can hand off to the runners, instead of just having it sitting at the top of the building.

I'm also thinking about  not making it a "hostile extraction." That seems like a stupid and pointless thing for Parker to do. If he does this then the runners may well keep him sedated, in which case it would be pretty hard for him to secretly try and broker a deal with a foundation. I was thinking of instead having Scion say that Parker and the foundation have been in contact and that Parker is interested in leaving (even though he just got hired- he didn't want to work for Horizon in the first place, but he was happy to have them pay for his education). I'm not sure if this is a good move though. Thoughts?