NEWS

What's your favorite heavy pistol?

• 91 Replies

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #75 on: <10-19-15/2058:16> »
Yeah, if it's pistol-sized I enforce that, Duellist.  Longer barrel weapons actually have space where a suppressor can be integrated.  Pistols...  Don't. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #76 on: <10-19-15/2135:03> »
Eh, and monowhips don't work/exist either. Put it under nano-handwavium magic. Along with majority of the other pseudo-techno babble that lives, breathes, and fits withing the ShadowRun setting.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #77 on: <10-19-15/2138:37> »
Eh, I consider that two different things.  Monowhip doesn't trip my suspension of disbelief like making a suppressor small enough to fit in a holster.  It's also a theme thing, as the idea of pulling out the pistol, screwing on the suppressor and getting to work is just...  Evocative.  It sets the tone.
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #78 on: <10-20-15/0008:11> »
With the release of Hard Targets, the Colt Manhunter has moved to my favorite pistol.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #79 on: <10-21-15/1417:20> »
Drek, won't be able to afford "Hard Targets" For some time. Can someone post Manhunter's stats?

There is also the Slivergun, the Remington Suppressor, Ares Executioner and the HK Urban Combat
Actually, I think Remington has a standard suppressor accessory rather than an integrated one. At least that's what was on the artwork, can't remember what it says in the description. Don't have access to books though, so I can't check.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <10-21-15/1438:44> »
Nope, Remington Suppressor has a Sound Suppressor as a Standard Upgrade and even the artwork shows it to be integrated.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Adamo1618

« Reply #81 on: <10-21-15/1446:13> »
Drek, won't be able to afford "Hard Targets" For some time. Can someone post Manhunter's stats?

Acc 5(6), DV 8, AP -1, Mode SA, RC -, Ammo 16(c), Avail 5R, Cost 700.
The big seller is that it lacks electronic parts except for the Holographic sight (see below), so it's not very helpful to hack it.

Holographic sight
Offers the same benefits as a laser sight without the
red trail of light giving away the position of the shooter.
In addition, the holographic (or holo) sight can display
basic information such as range to target or remaining
ammo without the wielder using AR. The only down-
side is the necessary top mount sometimes gets in the
way, making quick draw attempts require 1 extra suc-
cess (p. 165, SR5).

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #82 on: <10-21-15/1632:03> »
Nope, Remington Suppressor has a Sound Suppressor as a Standard Upgrade and even the artwork shows it to be integrated.
The weapon is shipped with a detachable sound suppressor, allowing the user to reduce their audio signature at the expense of concealment.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #83 on: <10-21-15/2153:37> »
Remington Suppressor is my favorite Machine Pistol currently, only MP with AP without speciality ammo. Only down side is lack of FA (expanded clips solves the ammo capacity being under 20 rounds).
Which is why I was confused it was listed with integrated suppressor when I remember them saying it could he removed, but came with the gun.
« Last Edit: <10-21-15/2155:15> by Rift_0f_Bladz »
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #84 on: <10-23-15/0620:54> »

Acc 5(6), DV 8, AP -1, Mode SA, RC -, Ammo 16(c), Avail 5R, Cost 700.
The big seller is that it lacks electronic parts except for the Holographic sight (see below), so it's not very helpful to hack it.

Holographic sight
Offers the same benefits as a laser sight without the
red trail of light giving away the position of the shooter.
In addition, the holographic (or holo) sight can display
basic information such as range to target or remaining
ammo without the wielder using AR. The only down-
side is the necessary top mount sometimes gets in the
way, making quick draw attempts require 1 extra suc-
cess (p. 165, SR5).
ThankyouverymuchYIPPEE!!! ;D

That's not what it says in the text:
The first modern automatic pistol design offered by Remington, the Suppressor is intended for paramilitary organizations and government agencies requiring compact automatic weapons. The design integrates a number of European stylistic elements with modern automated manufacturing quality control methods, resulting in finely tuned tolerances intended to allow the user to accurately engage any target. The weapon is shipped with a detachable sound suppressor, allowing the user to reduce their audio signature at the expense of concealment. Standard Upgrades/Accessories: Sound Suppressor
As for the artwork, my bad - I forgot that in Shadowrun integrated suppressors aren't actually noticable.

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <10-29-15/1131:38> »
Depends on the table. And the "looking stupid" part still remains. Can YOU picture your character using something like that?

If we're worried about looking stupid, the entire High Fashion Armored Clothing chapter needs to be revisited and see every entry's armor value cut in half.

Starsomava

• Newb
« Reply #86 on: <11-03-15/1514:57> »
if you're against armor, use a different gun (like a Lightfire 75 loaded with APDS).

I prefer to upgrade a Lightfire 70, for $100 you get +1 ACC and you go from 6F to 3R.  Unless your GM rules that all silencers are F, but at least with the 70 you can take off the silencer when you need to.

ProfessorCirno

• Omae
  • The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!
« Reply #87 on: <11-14-15/2100:25> »
Man, you're ALL wrong!

.....Sawed off/short barrel Defiance!  8)

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #88 on: <11-16-15/1637:02> »
....the "Kid" will stick with her Super Warhawk. Yeah it only holds 6 bullets, but six very big ones that make big holes.  Make them APDS and you knock 5 off your target's armour or EXEX and the DV goes to 10 with -3 AP.

That's almost a "hand cannon".

Back in 3rd edition the best was the FN AAL Gyrojet with 12M (P) damage. My little musical demolitionist Leela was very dangerous with one of those to the point the GM started putting most of the oppos we met in FBA or Sec armour. They tamed it down in 5th though it is easier to get, and still is the most powerful "handgun" (10 DV -2 AP) for a human elf or dwarf.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #89 on: <11-16-15/2047:33> »
Warhawk has a base AP of -2. ADPS adds -4 more AP making that total -6 for ADPS.