NEWS

Fantastic Non-SR Shadowrunesque Art Thread

• 2184 Replies

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #645 on: <06-19-12/2219:25> »
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #646 on: <06-21-12/0840:11> »

by ~CapnDred on Deviant Art.

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #647 on: <06-21-12/1928:21> »
Ouboros on DA, (not necessarily related to our own)

Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #648 on: <06-21-12/2211:25> »

Matrix ?
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

_Pax_

« Reply #649 on: <06-22-12/1202:36> »

*chuckle*

My g/f got me one of these last Christmas; all her gifts were themed "surviving the zombie apocalypse".  :D

The little U-and-strap by the elbow is sized for teenagers, though.  Like 14 or 15, maybe 16.  My arm doesn't fit in it, not with the strap provided.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #650 on: <06-22-12/1240:33> »
They come with a downside, however.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #651 on: <06-22-12/1315:18> »

SNIP!!!

Matrix ?
God. I hope so I really don't wanna know what the hell is up with that tube............. Especially since that appears to be a male, whateverthehell that is.  :o
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #652 on: <06-22-12/1322:11> »
Snip!!
*chuckle*
My g/f got me one of these last Christmas; all her gifts were themed "surviving the zombie apocalypse".  :D
The little U-and-strap by the elbow is sized for teenagers, though.  Like 14 or 15, maybe 16.  My arm doesn't fit in it, not with the strap provided.

They come with a downside, however.
Snip!!

For an "In Game" item I always pictured that thing as either folding up back to the arm like a pocket kinfe. Or being retractable like the  cyber spur is, with the handle folding back to make a butt by your wrist. Oh and add another strap by the wrist.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #653 on: <06-22-12/1350:53> »
Well, they're based on the Bloodrayne blades.

Those are supposed to be machanical-ish, since they flick open and closed, as well as reverse into "Nemesis Enforcer" position instead of the ones shown here. But I confess I have no idea how that's supposed to work mechanically.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
« Reply #654 on: <06-22-12/1446:27> »
Well, they're based on the Bloodrayne blades.

Snip!!

Those are supposed to be machanical-ish, since they flick open and closed, as well as reverse into "Nemesis Enforcer" position instead of the ones shown here. But I confess I have no idea how that's supposed to work mechanically.
Eh, For the "pocketkinfe" version just; put a hinge right where the handle is, some "mechanics"  to do all the folding/extending work in the long part that straps to the arm and add that extra strap at the wrist. then the blade would fold back into the forearm part and the handle would swing down and lock into place as a butt guard by the wrist. Then there would be just a bit poking out past the elbow, which i guess would be good for elbow smashes.....

As for the "cyber spur" version the blade part would retract into those "mechanics" from before in the same manner you retract cyber spurs. It would be like the the old Forearm Snap blades from the Street Sam Catalog.

I would imagine the damage stats would be the same a a normal sword. No reason they wouldn't be. But I would postulate that the fold up version is cheaper than the retractable one. And if we were going here I'm sure you could get this in a Vibro blade version.

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

_Pax_

« Reply #655 on: <06-22-12/1517:21> »
God. I hope so I really don't wanna know what the hell is up with that tube............. Especially since that appears to be a male, whateverthehell that is.  :o
Like a living Discipline Helmet, a la BDSM.

No, you are not allowed to ask how I know that.  :(

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #656 on: <06-22-12/1728:58> »
Like a living Discipline Helmet, a la BDSM.

No, you are not allowed to ask how I know that.  :(
Fifty Shades of Grey?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #657 on: <06-22-12/1742:13> »
sucks if you ever want to drop them because someone just tackled you and now is working their ground-game on you ...and oh shit ...i just cut my nuts off!

Glorthoron

• Omae
« Reply #658 on: <06-22-12/1830:38> »

*chuckle*

those would be pretty useless in a fight.
"It's not enough to complain.  You have to want to be part of the solution."

_Pax_

« Reply #659 on: <06-22-12/1840:48> »
those would be pretty useless in a fight.
Yeah.  That's 'cause they're toys, not real weapons.

If I were going to be in a fight (that I couldn't avoid), I'd much prefer my walking stick, anyway.  Kneecap, kneecap, face, fight over:D