NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #675 on: <09-08-16/0210:23> »
Never bothered to properly introduce myself! Been on the boards for a while now, so you've probably seen my posts.

I've been playing SR on and off since I was knee high to a grasshopper, after being introduced to it by my dad 18 years ago. I write fanfiction for funzies, and I am a shameless Harlequin fangirl.

It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

GreatPoogie

• Newb
« Reply #676 on: <09-08-16/0359:35> »
Some of the novels I picked up to start myself off feature harlequin (I think)... hopefully he's less of a chump there than he was in Returns! Also Supernatural, naaais. Yeah I'm gonna like it here!

Wyrm! I have recently read one of your posts from way back, where you've artfully created a very enlightening image of ex-SIN shadowrunners (with all counter arguments diluting into "let's agree to disagree"). Nicely done  :P

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #677 on: <09-08-16/0438:35> »
Some of the novels I picked up to start myself off feature harlequin (I think)... hopefully he's less of a chump there than he was in Returns! Also Supernatural, naaais. Yeah I'm gonna like it here!

Wyrm! I have recently read one of your posts from way back, where you've artfully created a very enlightening image of ex-SIN shadowrunners (with all counter arguments diluting into "let's agree to disagree"). Nicely done  :P

I'm not happy with what Returns did with Harley. He's argued to be one of the single most powerful people on the planet for a reason, and he's portrayed as rather weak in that game. Harlequin's Back is my favorite campaign to play, and it's actually a very good insight into who exactly he is and why he is that way.

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #678 on: <09-08-16/0818:57> »
Welcome (belatedly)! Nice to see you've made yourself at home! Did you happen to see a troll come through carrying a cabbage and an Ares laser? He's been very naughty...

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #679 on: <09-08-16/0826:55> »
Welcome (belatedly)! Nice to see you've made yourself at home! Did you happen to see a troll come through carrying a cabbage and an Ares laser? He's been very naughty...

How could I miss him? He went that way. -points thumb over shoulder-

GreatPoogie

• Newb
« Reply #680 on: <09-08-16/1337:15> »
So... is our FastJack inspired by the decker FastJack, or is the decker FastJack a head-nod to our FastJack?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #681 on: <09-08-16/1340:47> »
So... is our FastJack inspired by the decker FastJack, or is the decker FastJack a head-nod to our FastJack?

I believe it is the former, but since you have invoked his name, he should be arriving to answer your question shortly.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #682 on: <09-08-16/2101:44> »
Ah, chicken or tangerines, which came first. Honestly, with all the mucking about in my brain with work, Pokemon, and CFD virus, it's hard to tell anymore. But I do still have the Banhammer™ and wield it efficiently.

Now, I got a troll to sauerkraut.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #683 on: <09-09-16/0332:45> »
See, Poogie? Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Now, whether you get FastJack or FauxJack...That's the real question.

GreatPoogie

• Newb
« Reply #684 on: <09-09-16/0456:38> »
 ;D That is almost as scary as an AI. To think they're gonna release a book about those fellas soon... *shiver* Alrighty, with that mystery totally not cleared up, time to get back to reading rules!

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #685 on: <09-11-16/0553:54> »

I ... daresay I'd like a link.  :P
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #686 on: <09-15-16/2231:01> »
Greetings. Just your average SR junkie. Been playing for ~12 years.
Shadowrun is my favorite fictional universe; one of the few I feel comfortable writing full-characters and scenarios for (the sourcebooks and "meta plot" are left open in places for exactly that).

Dunno what else to say except I've already become more enlightened about the newer versions of the game since I joined. So, thanks.
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #687 on: <09-16-16/0828:25> »
Welcome to the Grid! Relax, take a look around, ask questions, just don't in the back room with the plaid door. It's where Slamm-O! and CanRay compare notes on Bull.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #688 on: <09-16-16/1416:55> »
Worry not. While I, like many runners have an uncanny predilection for shady back rooms, my work in Northern UCAS has instilled me with a healthy fear of plaid. ;p
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #689 on: <09-16-16/1446:09> »
Worry not. While I, like many runners have an uncanny predilection for shady back rooms, my work in Northern UCAS has instilled me with a healthy fear of plaid. ;p

Huh, funny...my stint in Tir na nOg is what did it to me.  :D