NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

Shrike Alvaron

• Newb
« Reply #525 on: <08-09-13/1847:33> »
Realized I haven't made an actual welcome post yet, so here I am.  Name's Shrike, I've been following Shadowrun since around the time the Shadowrun Returns kickstarter launched and got me into reading the lore.  I ended up buying the SR4A rulebook even though I didn't have anyone to play with, just to read through and make up characters.  Was always too shy to see if I could find online games here, but now here I am after getting the nerve up to join an SR5 game.

The Matrix and decking is my true love with Shadowrun, I love imagining the possibilities it allows for and the almost "game within a game" nature of it.  If only the Matrix and VR was real...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #526 on: <08-09-13/2229:06> »
Welcome to the boards! Have a look around, join in a PbP game, ask some questions, pester Can Ray for more stories! Just be careful of the dragon in the corner. He got a little too wild last night and is still sleeping off the hangover.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #527 on: <08-11-13/2326:10> »
Look, working sixteen hours on a hack does not qualify as 'wild'.  ... any more.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Aardvark892

« Reply #528 on: <08-14-13/0110:03> »
Hello to one and all.  I'm brand new to this forum, but I've been playing Shadowrun since 1st Edition in 1989.  Shadowrun has always held the best spot in my heart for role playing games.  I was underwhelmed by 4th Edition; I didn't see the need for such a big change, and would have preferred they just add the new cool stuff (like the wireless Matrix) to 3rd Edition... but I've got to say that 5th Edition has blown my socks off.  It's very similar to 4th, but so much better, so much cleaner, sooooo many examples, and the artwork is probably the best Shadowrun has ever seen.

I can't wait to chat with you all about my favorite RPG!

Thanks!

Tim "Aardvark892"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #529 on: <08-14-13/0744:52> »
Welcome, Tim! Glad to see another old-school player around these parts. Look around, ask questions (except about clips/magazines), join a PbP! Just watch out, a certain painted elf has been seen wandering the halls since Bull is a GenCon...

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #530 on: <08-15-13/1012:52> »
I was glancing at the stats (at the bottom of the forum home page) and it looks like the forums have picked up almost 15,000 new members since the beginning of July. I wanted to drop in and say howdy and welcome!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #531 on: <08-15-13/1243:39> »
Looks like Shadowrun Returns has been good for us.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

TheDarkMessiah

• Chummer
  • 'Sup?
« Reply #532 on: <08-21-13/0940:53> »
Yo. Thought i'd introduce myself. I'm TheDarkMessiah (or TDM) a long time shadowrun fan, who's just got back into it with all the new releases of late (and kinda bought all the SR4 stuff I missed out on as well as 5 and returns and... well, you get the point. It was costy :p)

I first got into roleplaying because my mum picked up SR2 secondhand at a used book store, and I loved the setting (mainly 'cause of the art at the time. I was about 7 or so) and I haven't stopped since. No idea why I waited this long to join the forum.
“Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who sticks his nose out-of-doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago.”

Speech | Thought | Matrix | Astral

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #533 on: <08-21-13/0942:49> »
Welcome!

Sartredes

• Newb
« Reply #534 on: <08-21-13/0956:57> »
Hoy Chummers!

I'm pretty new to Shadowrun. Played a game or two at Gen Con in 2012 and then dove in this year playing four missions and had a blast. It's become obvious that I have a lot to learn, both lore-wise and system-wise, so I thought I'd jump into the forums to see what I can pick up and possibly contribute. I'm hoping to learn the system/game well enough to start running it here in Lexington, KY, where there doesn't seem to be a player base.

The one thing that's pretty confusing is that there appears to be two sets of "official" shadowrun forums. One here at forums.shadowruntabletop.com and another completely different one at www.shadowrun.com/forums/categories/all. I only found this forum because someone in one of the missions I was in at Gen Con gave me the URL to it. That should be cleared up if at all possible.

-Sartredes

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #535 on: <08-21-13/1058:00> »
Welcome all! Have fun (trying to) hack the forums, join in the discussions and try not to poke Bull. He's still recovering from GenCon.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #536 on: <08-21-13/1407:13> »
Heya Sartredes. If you want to catch up on the lore, the best way is reading old source books. Most of the older stuff (3rd edition and back) can only be found in PDF form, or on eBay/Amazon, but 4th edition books should still be floating around in hard copy. I'd suggest finding the Sixth World Almanac. It is basically half history and half world overview. Good for getting you a basic feel of the Sixth World as a whole, as well as some of the history. Also, the Seattle 2072 book is great for info on Seattle, the 'main' setting for the game.

Other than that, feel free to ask questions (the Secret History section is especially good for lore-delving), and feel free to chat with CanRay about all his experience playing the game.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #537 on: <10-08-13/0752:26> »
How rude of me! ive been posting nonstop since some time and haven't introduced myself!

Im WrongConcept! pretty new to the shadows (ive played two whole campaings making it to prime runner status on both on SR4 and ive been narrating my first campaing of Shadowrun SR4 a month now) this place has help me with many things so as to answer most of my questions as narrator! So thank you very mucho for setting up this place, my native language is Spanish but i think i can handle myself well in English (if you think otherwise then go Grammar Nazi on my buttoks). So thanks for being here!

"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #538 on: <10-08-13/0937:06> »
How rude of me! ive been posting nonstop since some time and haven't introduced myself!

Im WrongConcept! pretty new to the shadows (ive played two whole campaings making it to prime runner status on both on SR4 and ive been narrating my first campaing of Shadowrun SR4 a month now) this place has help me with many things so as to answer most of my questions as narrator! So thank you very mucho for setting up this place, my native language is Spanish but i think i can handle myself well in English (if you think otherwise then go Grammar Nazi on my buttoks). So thanks for being here!

Nah...we are forgiving of non-native speakers. However, do NOT get a clip and a box magazine confused...the gun-nuts get REALLY
spazzy about that.

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #539 on: <10-08-13/1134:39> »

Nah...we are forgiving of non-native speakers. However, do NOT get a clip and a box magazine confused...the gun-nuts get REALLY
spazzy about that.

Don't worry, i dont confuse clips and Box magazines, just for one reason, there is no real translation to spanish and we use "Peine" wich translates to english as hair comb... And that... That is just not cool.
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian